Page 3 of 544 FirstFirst 123451353103503 ... LastLast

Thread: The Wavy and Wurly thread!

Length
    bob/bob/WST
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

Default Re: The Wavy and Wurly thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Heidi_234 View Post
    Really? I didn't know that! It makes sense now, why wurly curly instead of "the wavy/curly thread". The thing is, real curlies mostly participate in it (), I feel like the discussion is partly irrelevant for my hair (as some wavies here felt), but I suppose what will be discussed in here wouldn't be that much more of a use either - like brush/combing dry? A big no-no for me (us?).
    Don't worry, your thread won't be left to die! For that metter, I'll take my 2c/3a wurly curly business to there, capiche?
    Hmmmmmmm maybe if your hair is the type you can comb or brush and it's not a brillo pad then you are a wavy/wurly and if not you are a wurly/curly. Oh I am getting dizzy here! I am thinking maybe after reading some of the ideas in each thread you'll be able to tell which applies more. The things that apply to wavies really don't apply to me. Of course I may be TOTALLY wrong. I have been known to be before!
    Last edited by Curlsgirl; August 18th, 2009 at 07:32 PM.

Combing only when wet with CO, Suave conditioner, AG Re:Coil, LA Looks sports gel, EVOO and coconut oil

Idiopathic Subgenius Xandergrammy's Avatar
    Length
    15"/52.5/termi
    Type
    2c/M/iii

Another Wavy/Wurly here... I really want to be a curly, but no such luck. As it is now, though, it's growing out of my head pretty wavy and I'm pretty happy with it. I get some spirals on the ends if I leave it alone while it's drying and use the right product. My hair is like many of you here- wavy/wurly on wash day and much straighter and sleeker as soon as I put a comb to it.
    I have lots of pictures in my blog and photo albums.

Avatar picture is Mystic Mermaid byJessica Galbreth Copyright 2006
    Proud vice leader of the Renegrays -Pictures!

Length
    18+/39/???
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

I'm glad you started this thread. I have a half-life as a wavy and I know I can learn so much from other wavy wurlies here.

Quote Originally Posted by Curlsgirl View Post
    Oh I am getting dizzy here! I am thinking maybe after reading some of the ideas in each thread you'll be able to tell which applies more.
    Are you like me -- curly when freshly washed, rinsed, whatever... but then the curl falls away? If so, you get to hang out on both of these threads!

Okay -- here's the most recent reasonable not-so-curly picture: (Yes, I know... my hair was shorter then, and I was slimmer, but, sigh, we all move on.)

Please? Say I can play here, too?
    Last edited by darkwaves; August 18th, 2009 at 09:11 PM. Reason: eta - add wavy pic

Length
    17.5/17.5/27.5
    Type
    2c/M/iii

i think i could go in both places too. My hair has been confusing me lately. but i do have spirals mostly in back and the underneath hair. The canopy i have to scrunch alot and usually get spirals in the back but not the front and that's if i use gel. but by the end of the day my hair is frizzy? I never get good second day hair. I usually brush and wear up. I don't know. LOL I'm hoping when i find the right product i'll get great hair!

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    neck/frtp+/??
    Type
    2b/2c/C/iii

I'll join im a wavy/wurly at times right now my hair wants to act like a 2a so I can live with that

Length
    21"/39"/44"
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Curlsgirl View Post
    Hmmmmmmm maybe if your hair is the type you can comb or brush and it's not a brillo pad then you are a wavy/wurly and if not you are a wurly/curly. Oh I am getting dizzy here! I am thinking maybe after reading some of the ideas in each thread you'll be able to tell which applies more. The things that apply to wavies really don't apply to me. Of course I may be TOTALLY wrong. I have been known to be before!
    lol don't worry, it's not either/or, I'm sure I can learn here just as much as I can learn there (when I typed my hair I though "it looks like 2c's when it has a good day" ).
    Hehe, actually my hair does resemble a brillo pad when combed out, that why I try my best to keep my hands off the comb between washes. I have one length shot of my hair combed out as a proof it doesn't turn into a the Triangle of Doom anymore, but it doesn't make my hair look good either.

Soft hair that is nice to sit on - now I'm bragging!

Type
    2a/M/C/ii

Another Wavy here, i have waves of S shaped and sometimes they behave and become straight or turn little bit wurly. They really confuse me but i know better than to argue with them

"Gorgeous hair is the best revenge"
    Ivana Trump

Mad SCIENTIST!
    Length
    1/26.5/35
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Roseate View Post
    By special request, from over in the Wurly and Curly thread, here is a new thread for those of us living between the 1 and the 3... the 2's!

All those with sinuous snakey waves, lumps and bumps and the occasional spiral, come out of the woodwork and tell us about your hair.

(Thanks, I've been really busy since I asked about it.)

Quote Originally Posted by Heidi_234 View Post
    Argh now I have thread-identity crisis - where do I belong more, here or there?
    Both. I'm keeping an eye on the curly thread, too...

Quote Originally Posted by Rohele View Post
    Roseate, I'm glad you started up this thread! I lurk in the curly and wurly thread, but a lot of the advice given there does not work for me. I've got 2b/c hair (at least I think I do) with a very straight underlayer (1b/c I would guess).

I was going to start a new thread with this question, but since there is a wavy thread I'll post it here.

I'm wondering how many of you brush and comb your hair. The conventional wisdom for curlies and wavies is to not touch the curl after it dries, but if I do that I have waves, but they look all matted and gross, so I find I have to comb or brush sections and re-twirl the waves the next day. Does anyone else find this happens?
    SO TRUE. This, and the other "I can't quite do what the curlies do" problems, is a large part of the reason I was wanting a thread for wavies and wurlies. When you're not actually curly, you can see when it is tangled! You have to do something about it! Gaaaah...

So, yes. I do brush. It does go boom, but I find that then twisting or bunning it clumps it back together into the wave pattern (I'm a very piecey, wurly, twisty 2b or 2b/2c)... to a pretty reasonable extent at least.

I've also been brushing while wet with conditioner in, but I'm thinking that's a really, really bad idea. My hair is quite fine, and I'm pretty sure I'm massacring it.
    Last edited by Flynn; August 19th, 2009 at 03:04 AM.

Mad SCIENTIST!
    Length
    1/26.5/35
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

I have weird hair. I think it is a 2b as far as the period of the waves goes, but it all separates out and clumps up, because my "waves" are really loooong loose spirals. (If I let a single hair hang by itself, it definitely describes a spiral. Very much.)

I've been kind of pretending it's curly, but that just doesn't work. I have to detangle, for instance, because you can see it if I haven't. Oil and left-in conditioner shows up in my hair long before it would in a true curly... and anyway I think my hair is way too fine to be doing anything like brushing it while it is wet (I admit I am doing exactly that at the moment, but I think it is an absolutley awful idea.)

My hairs!

^ Not actually bun waves. It did that by itself.

I left by request
    Length
    Left/Left/Left
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/iii

Another wavy here
    I'm happy there's a wavy thread
    My waves tend be S shaped with curlies on the ends. My hair hates being brushed it makes my hair go proof!
    I use a comb while wet because if I don't my hair clumps together and knots badly.

My waves