View Poll Results: Can you put your hair in a bun/knot with no pins/sticks/anything?

Voters
377. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I can do that at my current length.

142 37.67%
  • Yes or I used to be able to, but it slides right out.

74 19.63%
  • No, but I used to be able to do that when my hair was longer.

16 4.24%
  • No, but I used to be able to do that when my hair was shorter.

7 1.86%
  • No, my hair's never been long enough to try.

52 13.79%
  • No, I didn't even know that was possible.

66 17.51%
  • Well, my cheese holds everything all together pretty well, thankyouverymuch.

56 14.85%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Can you put your hair in a bun/knot with no pins/sticks/anything?

Persistent Procrastinator teela1978's Avatar
    Length
    19/34/36
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Default Re: Can you put your hair in a bun/knot with no pins/sticks/anything?

I voted cheese... I used to do exactly what Manderly describes and it would stay fantastically... the last time my hair was the length it is now. I'm not sure if my hair is just healthier, and thus slipperier (I used to swim in chlorinated pools a lot) or if it's just gotten weird in the last 10 years, or what, but my hair would stay like that forever. I could swim a few laps freestyle with that bun and it would stay. No more though.

Length
    SL/W/?
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii/iii

I've never been able to do it at any length. My hair slips right out. (edit: I just tried Manderly's method and it lasted for 2 minutes of the motion-heavy activity of sitting at my computer drinking a cup of coffee.)

Well, that's not entirely true. It works if I have 2nd day hair which has been curled and hairsprayed. That gives it enough texture and tackiness to hold. But it doesn't work at all with my natural texture and no products.
    Last edited by inertia; August 25th, 2009 at 02:30 AM.

Banned
    Length
    ?/26"/?
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Ye, I can do this...but I'm a slider too. It stays in longer if it's more tangly or sweaty. Lovely, yes?

I'm gonna try Manderly's method and see how that goes.

ETA: Aaannd that's a no go. Waaaaaaahhhhhh!
    Last edited by pradabacon; August 25th, 2009 at 01:30 AM.

Length
    APL/TB/TB
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Try my method! Have you tried my method? I'm all excited about my bread-bag method.

I posted instructions on another forum... I'll see if I can find the link. Of course, it really doesn't work for everybody, anyway. But still... it's fun to try!

Here's a link. Not the greatest instructions ever, but I included pics.
    Note: My starting length of APL is from long before I'd ever heard of the LHC. That's just when I started consciously growing my hair out again.

Banned
    Length
    ?/26"/?
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Haha! Okay, that worked for a couple of minutes...it still fell out, but it stayed longer than anything else I've tried.

Length
    APL/TB/TB
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Ok, fair enough. Thanks for trying. It always works better on damp, just washed hair, though. Just a thought. Not trying to make you try it again or anything...
    Note: My starting length of APL is from long before I'd ever heard of the LHC. That's just when I started consciously growing my hair out again.

Banned
    Length
    ?/26"/?
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Ach! The pressure! I can't take all this PRESSURE!!!

Okay. That's better. ^^^That must have been the lady my husband calls my 'Evil Twin - Vanessa'.

Today is a wash day, Viks, so I'll try again and report back to you ASAP! This is very important business, I know.

Length
    APL/TB/TB
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Woohoo! (tantrum ignored - evil twin Vanessa must have been spoiled by too much attention ).

Can't wait to hear your results.

Type
    1b/F/ii

Sure. For the whole of 5 seconds.

My hair is very slippery - even most toys and tools won't hold.

nordic hennahead

Persistent Procrastinator teela1978's Avatar
    Length
    19/34/36
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

I got it to stay!!!! Apparently my ponytail spot has shifted downward with age (what hasn't ). If I start my bun closer to my crown it'll stick for a bit!!!!!! Yay