View Poll Results: Can you put your hair in a bun/knot with no pins/sticks/anything?

Voters
378. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I can do that at my current length.

142 37.57%
  • Yes or I used to be able to, but it slides right out.

74 19.58%
  • No, but I used to be able to do that when my hair was longer.

16 4.23%
  • No, but I used to be able to do that when my hair was shorter.

7 1.85%
  • No, my hair's never been long enough to try.

52 13.76%
  • No, I didn't even know that was possible.

67 17.72%
  • Well, my cheese holds everything all together pretty well, thankyouverymuch.

56 14.81%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: Can you put your hair in a bun/knot with no pins/sticks/anything?

Default Re: Can you put your hair in a bun/knot with no pins/sticks/anything?

I can't! Too short right now. Hopefully in the future I'll be able to! I'm not totally sure, though. When I had BSL hair, it was too thick with a lot of layers and wouldn't stay. This might sound weird, but I think it's so fun to watch when someone just twists their hair up into a bun without any pins, ties, etc. Maybe that's just me...

Length
    15"/Hip!/TB
    Type
    3a/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by ChasingRainbows View Post
    I can't! Too short right now. Hopefully in the future I'll be able to! I'm not totally sure, though. When I had BSL hair, it was too thick with a lot of layers and wouldn't stay. This might sound weird, but I think it's so fun to watch when someone just twists their hair up into a bun without any pins, ties, etc. Maybe that's just me...
    Yes I can. I do a cinnamon bun and then poke the ends under and through the middle 'hole' if that makes sense. It holds for about an hour and then works loose so it's handy if I need to put it up quickly for a short while. My hair's quite wurly, maybe the texture helps it to hold.
    Creepy Creeper veni vidi crepi //////// >X<)))>

Length
    29 "/33"/MORE
    Type
    1c/M/ii

I can do it in two ways. And my hair is very slipery. I twist it up and start like a cinnabun, I make the second coil under the first coil, then take the ends up and pull a loop through the middle of the first coil. I do this at work all the time when I get hot, and it stays indefinately. When it was shorter I went once around and pulled a short loop of the ends through the first coil.
    I can also do it if my hair is tangled using the bee butt method, I flip all my hair upside down and twist the mess into a coil, then wrap each successive coil under the previous, until I'm wrapping just the tangled twisted tiny end underneath. The ends get pinched between the bun and my head, I think the tangled part increases the friction. This is also easy to do with wet hair - as long as it isn't combed out yet. It's my wet bunning method.
    Last edited by Dorothy; June 29th, 2012 at 07:36 AM.
    "I have learned silence from the talkative, tolerance from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind. I should not be ungrateful to these teachers" Kahlil Gibran.

Length
    APL/TB/TB
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

I get a kick out of seeing this resurface from time to time XD

I can still do this, but it doesn't stay very long, and the loop part is longer and loopier, so it's less like a bun than a folded ponytail held by a cinnamon bun.
    Note: My starting length of APL is from long before I'd ever heard of the LHC. That's just when I started consciously growing my hair out again.

Length
    19/30/36
    Type
    1a/F/ii

I often do a Nautilus/Inside-out bun. I think there's one in my photo album.

This morning I tried the Niente Bun, which I hadn't done before. I just took photos a few moments ago. I've been wearing it for 4 hours, and it shows no sign of loosening (although it could have been neater).

Last edited by FrannyG; June 29th, 2012 at 10:24 AM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Aredhel77 View Post
    Yes I can. I do a cinnamon bun and then poke the ends under and through the middle 'hole' if that makes sense. It holds for about an hour and then works loose so it's handy if I need to put it up quickly for a short while. My hair's quite wurly, maybe the texture helps it to hold.
    Me, too. I poke it through, but not all the way, like a true knot. Curly hair holds better.

Length
    ?/39.5/knee
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

yes! my knot bun is super tight, it will hold in place for hours.

The Naughty Mess says.... Seeshami's Avatar
    Length
    4/51.5/Until
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii/iii

Oh Goodness I wish I could. The Naughty Mess doesn't tolerate anything more then the sticky silicone hair ties I have been using and that's only because he hasn't figured out how to eat them. It is a rare day when I can make it through work and not have to touch my hair at all to fix something or another.

[QUOTE=ChasingRainbows;2177258]I can't! Too short right now. Hopefully in the future I'll be able to! I'm not totally sure, though. When I had BSL hair, it was too thick with a lot of layers and wouldn't stay./QUOTE]

hmm....I have all kinds of crazy layers. But then, I always have product in it, gel or mousse.

Fiorentina A. Canaretti Fiorentina's Avatar
    Length
    BSL/Waist/Class
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Yes, I can do that at my current length, but I dont like it. I need hairtoys because I love them.
    A nice​ bun makes the day.