Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hooray for supportive spouses!

Length
    14/24/40
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

Default Hooray for supportive spouses!

I just thought I would add a thread about how nice and supportive (and amusing) my DH has been.
    He turns a blind eye or doesn't comment about the toys accumulating in the bathroom.
    When a character in a movie chops off their lovely long hair into a shorter, funky cut, (if I don't do it first) he comments about how they looked better beforehand.
    He has a picture of me with LONG hair as the background on his personal laptop.
    He gives me a scalp massage nearly every night.
    He tries to get people to point out or notice how fast my hair is growing, even though they see me every day and my hair is always up and tucked away.
    He has picked up a lot of this from me, but it is still nice.

What do your friends/spouses/families do that is nice and supportive of your hair growth?
    Lady Cryollaee of the Honored Woodlands in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    The Goal: No trimming until waist (2013)

Length
    18"/hip/class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii/iii

ah what a thoughtful hubby you have. My hubby measures my hair and takes pictures of it for me sometimes, all i need to do is train him to give me head massages!
    an 8 year journey, with a 3 year stop at waist. Traveling along to classic. F/M 2a/b iii 31.5" January 2013http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...ge=7&p=2371372 a year without trims ....trying!

Length
    14/24/40
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

Tell him it will make your hair grow faster.

Length
    Shldr/BSL/TB/CL
    Type
    2a/M/iii

~Pouts~ You're so lucky, all my SO does is says "Now what are you putting in your hair?" He just doesn't understand what the big deal is. Oh well, gotta love 'em.
    1st goal: BSL May 2009 ​re-reached late 2012 2nd goal: Waist Final Goal: TB or Classic

Length
    Chin/Nape/term
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

My DH looooves the idea of my having long hair. I initially had the goal of tailbone length, but when I mentioned the idea of knee length, his face lit up! I told him he'll have to help me wash it, and he was very enthusiastic. Also, my hairstylist's wife has very long (hip-length) hair, so he (my stylist) is very supportive of my goal. It's nice to be able to go in for a trim without worrying that I will come away with a chin-length bob!

Length
    29"/30"/40"
    Type
    3b/F/ii/iii

My DBF also measures my hair and takes pictures for me. He does laugh at me for the length of time I spend on my hair but still says it looks good so that's ok.

Aiming for classic length

Length
    short/clasc/term
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii/iii

My boyfriend takes pictures for me, and has offered to trim it (after a particularly horrific trim where I lost almost three inches, he said he's only take off a quarter inch because he wanted to see my braid get down to my tailbone). Whenever I have it down to comb it out he comments about how pretty and long it is, and makes wistful noises about my leaving it down more. He doesn't complain about it, even when it gets in his face in the night or, ahem, during activities. He even helps me put it up in showercaps for deep treatments when my hands are messy, and brings me conditioner from my big stash of VO5 when I run out mid-CO.

All in all, I think I have the perfect boyfriend

1c/2a/F/ii/iii -- trimmed the scraggly ends from knee back to classic.

Type
    1c/M/ii

How did you train him to give scalp massages? I'm lucky if I get a back scratch.

Length
    long/55.5/long
    Type
    2c/C/iii

Wow he does scalp messages every night!
    My BF is very supportive too. When he makes compliments about my hair and strokes it softly making me sleepy like a cat.And he does my trimming and measuring. And also he's the main factor that helped me get rid of my cutting urges. He gets even more supportive every day,I love him so much.
    ETA:: Haha it comes to my mind that he's even starting to learn haircare. Like on windy days he says that I should put it up to protect it from tangles. And sometimes when I say it feels dry he suggests I might put some of the oils of mine on my head. He's so cute
    Last edited by zift; April 15th, 2008 at 06:48 PM.

Length
    14/24/40
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

Wow, your partners sound so nice and supportive.

I usually get him to massage my scalp (or give me a shoulder rub) when we are watching TV after dinner - I sit on the floor on a cushion and he sits on the couch. It has become part of our routine.