Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chemical dye, colour stripper, 2 step henna & indigo results (pic heavy)

Length
    20"/24"/30"
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Default Chemical dye, colour stripper, 2 step henna & indigo results (pic heavy)

After much deliberation, strand testing and faffing about, I did my first 2 step henna/indigo application yesterday and I am incredibly pleased with the results!! It is a great colour, has covered my grey exceptionally well and my hair is so shiny. I can finally say goodbye to the nastiness that is chemical dye

Before attempting henna/indigo I tryed to remove some of the chemical dye build up with Goldwell System colour remover. It did remove maybe a tiny bit of the dye from the mid sections but did not touch the length at all so it was a waste of time. I have been dying my hair for the last 10 years though so it had a lot of dye build up to try and remove!!

I managed to persuade my hairdresser to apply it for me and in her own words she was 'gobsmacked' with the results and thought it was a far better colour than the tint she normally used on me. It did leave her salon a bit on the stinky side though and when she opened up this morning she said it smelt like a swamp lol!!

I left the full head henna on for 3 hours, rinsed off and applied the indigo straight away, which was left on for 35 minutes. The indigo was only applied to my roots initially and then to my mid lengths (just above my ears) for the last 10 minutes. This was because my ends where so dark from repeated chemical dye applications I was worried that if I put indigo on them they would end up jet black.

As you can see from the pictures it has all blended in together far better than I expected. I am really pleased that the henna has given the over-dyed lengths some warmth and colour as they were looking really yucky, flat and well just over-dyed!

Now for some pictures
    My starting point: grey, black, brown, yuck!!

Henna and indigo results.

and again

root coverage

and sunlight shining through ends of hair

I really love the fact that the henna and indigo has bought my over-dyed grotty hair to life. I would like to do another straight henna application as soon as possible as I really love the red tone in my hair. Would it be ok to apply henna again so soon??

Thank you to everyone who has given me advice, it has been much appreciated

Length
    SL/BSL/Waist
    Type
    2b/F/ii/iii

Default Re: Chemical dye, colour stripper, 2 step henna & indigo results (pic heavy)

Looks great!

Makes me optimistic about trying henna on my hair, which has been a bit over-dyed at this point.

Length
    22/29/42
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Default Re: Chemical dye, colour stripper, 2 step henna & indigo results (pic heavy)

It looks awesome!

I don't see why you couldn't do another henna treatment right away. It's not like it's gonna damage your hair or anything.

Lady Temperance, Keeper of the Border between Night and Day in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    15 in/26.5/35
    Type
    1a/M/C/i

Loving all the shine you got and the color too! I'll be next, as soon as my indigo gets here It'll be my first indigo application too so Im excited & cant wait!! About henna-ing again, Im not sure how long you have to wait or don't need to wait since Im new to all this but Im sure someone more knowledgeable will help you out. Thanks for sharing your pictures, your hair really rocks!

Length
    Pixie/Pixie/Hip
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

I'm gobsmacked too, I LOVE that color! (And you have gorgeous nails as well.)

Length
    20"/24"/30"
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Thank you so very much for the compliments

I am really so pleased with how it turned out, henndigo definitely exceeded my expectations!! It is unbelievable how all the different colours in my hair have been sucessfully blended with the application. I was really worried that I would end up with 2 or 3 different bands of colour. I would advise anyone who is using brown/black chemical dye to consider making the change. Obviously as long as you are fully aware of the permanence factor of henna and indigo. That wasn't an issue for me though as my hair has been the same colour for years!!

The colour has changed and deepened over the last couple of days and my hair is so soft and shiny. I am loving the conditioning benefits of henna. When my hair was chemically dyed it was a really flat colour, had no depth and looked a bit wig like. It now has different tones to it, is shiny as hell and looks like natural hair again.

twilight_faerie I think I am going to re-henna this week as I love the red tone and want to deepen then further. I think it will also help to strengthen my hair where I have chemical damage.

xoxo good luck with your 1st application. I am sure you will love it

Somewhere between the 12th century and now
    Length
    Bald/38/FTP
    Type
    2b/2c/M/i/ii

you really did get great results, congratulations on "taking the plunge"!! ) I'm still too cowardly, but one day...!!
    Lady Frolics in the Sunlight-Dappled Faerie Linn & Del in the OLHK

Length
    Chin/40"/43
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii/iii

Wow! The result you got is stunning

Woah!! If I'd gotten those results from using henna and indigo, I would've never been unhappy! It looks amazing!

Type
    1c/2a/F/i/ii

Looks great!

Henna and Indigo rock!
    Lady Druantia of the Hidden Grove in the Order of the Long Hair Knights