Thread: Rose bun instructions?!

Type
    1a/1b/M/C/iii

Default Rose bun instructions?!

I wondered how a rose bun is done, but can't seem to find an instruction. Does someone know the old link or can describe it for me, please?
    At true tailbone!

Persistent Procrastinator teela1978's Avatar
    Length
    19/34/36
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

If it's the bun I'm thinking of, you start with your hair in a ponytail, and split it in two. Wrap one of the sections around the other into a cinnabun and pin into place. Then take the other section and wrap it into a cinnabun around the first.

Did that make any sense?

eta: did a google and found that a rose bun can also be a bun made from a rope braid.
    Last edited by teela1978; April 15th, 2008 at 12:43 PM.

Length
    27/33/36
    Type
    1b/F/ii

I tried it and it's pretty. Do you think it should be secured invisibly with pins instead of a visible toy?

Account Closed by Member Request

The rope braided version is very beautiful!

Length
    nape/waist/waist
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by angelthadiva View Post
    The rope braided version is very beautiful!
    That's the version I do. It is lovely, looks just like a rose, and it is soooo easy I have a fancy version in my signature pic, which I decorated with two smaller rope braids. I used to have a tutorial up, but that was on the old LHC. I need to do it again since I don't have the pictures anymore.

Account Closed by Member Request

Quote Originally Posted by kimberlily View Post
    That's the version I do. It is lovely, looks just like a rose, and it is soooo easy I have a fancy version in my signature pic, which I decorated with two smaller rope braids. I used to have a tutorial up, but that was on the old LHC. I need to do it again since I don't have the pictures anymore.
    Yours is lovely! I have The Killer in my Avitar, but the instructions are still being viewed by the Mods for approval.

Long hair not bricklayer. PseudoScot's Avatar
    Length
    ~17/Class/Class
    Type
    1a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by kimberlily View Post
    Yes! I have done a rose bun too and used a rope braid for it. It takes a little practice rope braiding your own hair, but once you have it done and then bunned, it's so pretty. It's actually the only way I think I'd wear a rope braid - down it would rub and not look so pretty.

I was sitting somewhere bored one day and had a tie on the shirt I was wearing that went around my waist. I practiced rope braiding on that and finally understood how it worked.

It's lovely updo and Kimberlily's variation is especially nice! But yes - the great tutorial was at the old LHC. I think I printed it out, I'll have a look.
    Previously hiding in Sherwood.

Type
    1a/1b/M/C/iii

Sorry, I haven't thanked yet for answereing my request, so I'll do it now: Thank you and I totally have to try that rope braided version!
    At true tailbone!