Thread: "Banned"

Length
    pix/shldr/bs?
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Default "Banned"

This may sound like a stupid question, but i'm just unbearably curious:

why do people ever get banned?

Or is this explained in one of the stickies too? Really, i just can't stop wondering.

Length
    APL/TB/TB
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Default Re: "Banned"

I think one of the stickies has information about how many "points" until you are banned, and an explanation of how many points for each thing. I'll try to find it for you.

ETA: Found it, here ya go.
    http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...ead.php?t=4000
    Note: My starting length of APL is from long before I'd ever heard of the LHC. That's just when I started consciously growing my hair out again.

Length
    Pixie/TB/?
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii/iii

I believe one needs to contravene the community guidelines repeatedly (and disregard the mod comments and warnings) before one is banned.

I think the only instant bans happen when a new member spams the boards - they're usually banned fairly quickly.

Length
    Pixie/knee/???
    Type
    2a/F/i/ii

Another thought in general: the mods tend to avoid much discussion of the specifics of what-was-done-and-how as much to avoid giving ideas to potential trouble makers as anything else.

Protecting people's privacy is a major issue as well. So far as I can tell, the mods work pretty hard to communicate in private with people, so that if someone's just having a bad day they can manage to take a step back, recover from it all, and continue on as a member of the community without having every detail posted for all to see forevermore.