Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dullsville, Baby!.....

Type
    1c/M/ii

Default Dullsville, Baby!.....

You can really see the difference in my "before" and "after" hair, comparing the avatar picture (before) and the "Spidermom Log Roll" (pic below and in other thread - shouldn't have done two, I guess).

But my hair had been really nice, lots of shine, soft, easy to style. Then I began the Conditioner Only routine and it is now dull, coarse, flying all over and the stuff I have in my hair receiver is full of dusty-musty pieces which I'd not had before.

So, I'm wondering what it was that possessed me to go to CO in the first place? Anyone want to remind me, cause I'm thinking that I'll be switching back to my favorite shampoo and get it over with!

What has gone so wrong??? (Other than the obvious, that being it's MY hair on MY head!)

The Blog: Skipping Barefoot Down the Rocky Road of Life

~Blonde to the Bone~ Shermie Girl's Avatar
    Length
    Too/Effin/Short
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

I think that your hair looks lovely and I don't see much difference. Of course, the things you are worried about are often not visible in a photograph. If CO washing isn't working for you and not making your hair happy, then go back to the routine that was working. There is no right or wrong in hair care. There is only what makes you and your hair sublimely happy.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro (I Came, I Saw, I Stuck Around)
    Proud Bottle Blonde!

Length
    28"/33"/Term.
    Type
    2a/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Shermie Girl View Post
    I think that your hair looks lovely and I don't see much difference. Of course, the things you are worried about are often not visible in a photograph. If CO washing isn't working for you and not making your hair happy, then go back to the routine that was working. There is no right or wrong in hair care. There is only what makes you and your hair sublimely happy.
    Ditto, ditto what Shermie Girl said. I think your hair looks beautiful in both pictures but you are, after all, the best judge about changes in your hair. Go with what works for you.
    Blog:Photos:TBB
    ~Lady Rosa of the Sacred Grotto in the Order of the Long Haired Knights~

Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

Does your hair change it's mind, kind of like seasons. I know mine does. Maybe CO is just to moisturizing right now. Also, is it possible you need to clarify. I like CO but I do find I get buildup faster this way.

By the way, you have beautiful hair, it looks great in both pictures!

Go with what works. There is no law where it is written that you MUST use routine A.

Royal Buness/Jedi Master Hypnotica's Avatar
    Length
    Pixie/Calf/?
    Type
    1a/M/ii

I would vote for buildup too. I can't do CO because of limp, dull hair.
    Emerald Green Henna Dragon, Guardian of ALL THINGS GREEN.

Length
    3"/24"/36"
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii/iii

I'd say do whatever works best for you. I have curly-wurly hair (spirals on the last 6-8 inches, waves through rest). It's been suggested that with my hair type I should be CO ONLY, and NEVER use shampoo. That doesn't work well for me. I CO most of the time (about 3-4 x/week), but need to use a diluted shampoo to clarify every month or six weeks.

I don't know how different the lighting was in the two pictures. When I look at the second pic, your hair does look a little duller, but it also looks a lot darker than in the avatar. In the avatar, it looks silver-white, while in the second pic it looks darker grey. Could part of it be the lighting?

I'd say that if your hair prefers 'poo, use it. You might also try changing conditioner brands. When I use something like Biolage's rosemary-mint stuff, I LOVE the smell (and no artificial fragrance, yay!) but it leaves my hair coarse, kind of oily-looking, yet dry and flywaway. When I use my favorite brand, it works like a charm, and I get sleekness and smoothness and little in the way of frizzies.

Good luck! And, by the way, I've always liked your updos. They inspire me to more creativity than my usual throw-it-in-a-clip-or-French-braid-and-go styles.
    September 11, 2001: Always Remember, Never Forget. God bless the heroes, victims and families.

The Serenity Prayer:

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Draw close. Hold hands. Life is short. God is good.--Jan Karon

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Type
    1c/2a/F/i/ii

Your hair looks very pretty. I kinda get the impression from what I've read that sometimes a routine stops working for a while and you have to change. Maybe in your case it's time for a change.

A new beginning.

Inadvertent Tech Support snowbear's Avatar
    Length
    42/Short/N/A
    Type
    3a/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by eadwine View Post
    Go with what works. There is no law where it is written that you MUST use routine A.
    Agreed.

Peggy, your hair looks wonderful either way, but if it makes you unhappy, then it's your choice as to what you want to do about it! CO isn't evil, but then again, neither is S&C. It's all about what works for you.
    The formerly mythical snowbear is alive and well.
    Be smarter, daily!

Length
    35cm/86cm/100cm
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

It looks to me like one photo has flash and the other doesn't?
    "I can't stand makeup commercials. 'do you need lipstick that keeps your lips kissable?' no, I need lipstick that gets me equal pay for equal work. How about eye shadow that makes me stop thinking I'm too fat? Maria bamford" Conefree Conditioners in Oz