Page 2949 of 2980 FirstFirst ... 19492449284928992939294729482949295029512959 ... LastLast
Results 29,481 to 29,490 of 29798

Thread: The Ficcare Thread (Formerly "Show me your Ficcare color")

Length
    17/30/34
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/iii

Default Re: The Ficcare Thread (Formerly "Show me your Ficcare color")

Dear friends! Can I ask someone to indulge me? I am an LHC old-timer who kind of drifted away after cutting my hair nearly ten (!) years ago. I popped back on a few months ago to sell/trade a bunch of Ficcares because my hair has grown during the pandemic, and I have thus discovered that Ficcare has made a bunch of changes to their clips since a decade ago. (The Ficcarissimos in particular are very different.) I have been diligent and done a bunch of searching, but I can't find a pithy explanation or comparison of sizes/styles between old and new anywhere.

Can someone help me out by either providing, or pointing me toward, a comparison explanation? Basically I'm looking for old-style Ficcarissimos in a smaller size. (I realize that might be impossible.) But I would at least like to know what the comparable sizes are in the new clips.

Thank you all so much!
    dorothea
    *** watch this space ***

Length
    Chin/APL/WL
    Type
    1b/M/iii

I hope someone here can help you dorothea-brook!
    Before I ordered my first clips, I spend a lot of time browsing this thread. Didn't take long to learn that there have been so many slight alterations over time. I was quite surprised that the L Ficcarissimos I read a lot about in the earlier pages, aren't currently available anymore. Like Alexandrina, I really wanted one of those, they are so pretty!

I got my first Ficcares in the mail this weekend! And I'm so, so happy with them

This is the Maxima M in Saharah Agave:

And this is the Maxima L in Picasso Blush:

The colours are even prettier in real life than on the website. It's interesting how they look warmer or cooler depending on the light and clothes that I'm wearing that day. Haven't seen these colours a lot recently in this thread (although it's just as likely that I missed them ). So perhaps they are useful to some of you!

When I ordered them I was really worried that the L would be way too big for me, but it actually works quite well (even though my hair is only close to APL). The M is only a tiny bit easier/more secure at the moment, mainly because my layers can't escape as easily. The L requires a bit more careful positioning, but managed to hold my bun firmly in place the entire day.
    CL - SL - CBL - APL - BSL - WL - ??
    2 years dye-free!

Type
    1b/F/i

Quote Originally Posted by dorothea-brooke View Post
    Dear friends! Can I ask someone to indulge me? I am an LHC old-timer who kind of drifted away after cutting my hair nearly ten (!) years ago. I popped back on a few months ago to sell/trade a bunch of Ficcares because my hair has grown during the pandemic, and I have thus discovered that Ficcare has made a bunch of changes to their clips since a decade ago. (The Ficcarissimos in particular are very different.) I have been diligent and done a bunch of searching, but I can't find a pithy explanation or comparison of sizes/styles between old and new anywhere.

Can someone help me out by either providing, or pointing me toward, a comparison explanation? Basically I'm looking for old-style Ficcarissimos in a smaller size. (I realize that might be impossible.) But I would at least like to know what the comparable sizes are in the new clips.

Thank you all so much!
    dorothea
    FWIW it is my sense that the old style ficcis are generally smaller than their new counterparts. I think this is because the tops of the old ficcis are concave rather than convex like the new clips. Also, the old clips have teeth and the new ones don't. Finally, the new ficcis are a touch longer and wider than their older counterparts.

NicoleL, that blush is GORGEOUS in your hair!
    Last edited by lunasea; January 19th, 2021 at 01:47 PM.
    Time is the fire in which we burn...Delmore Schwartz
    Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light...Dylan Thomas

Length
    Chin/APL/WL
    Type
    1b/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by lunasea View Post
    FWIW it is my sense that the old style ficcis are generally smaller than their new counterparts. I think this is because the tops of the old ficcis are concave rather than convex like the new clips. Also, the old clips have teeth and the new ones don't. Finally, the new ficcis are a touch longer and wider than their older counterparts.

NicoleL, that blush is GORGEOUS in your hair!
    Thanks so much!!
    CL - SL - CBL - APL - BSL - WL - ??
    2 years dye-free!

Length
    17/30/34
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/iii

Thank you so much, lunasea! That is my basic sense, too. (I am particularly bummed about the teeth -- whhhhyyyyy? )
    *** watch this space ***

Just getting into Ficcares and thinking about trying the Super. But when I look at beaks they seem to all be so curvy inside, whereas Ficcarissimo is much flatter. (I mean the concave inside part that holds the hair, not the overall head-shaped flamingo-ey curves, if that makes sense.) Do the beaks and Supers damage your hair where they clamp onto it with those edges?

Hi lovelies! Just wanted to let everyone know I saw Ficcare posted on FB that tomorrow they are launching a new color collection with XL Ficcarissimos and Large Mini-Maximas! Plus they are bringing back the Beak (aka the Innovation) in Large too! Their Summer Preview sale starts tomorrow as well, with 15% off sent out via email. I'm thinking I might pick up some regular and some large Mini-Max's because I've not tried either of them out yet and they seem like they'd be fun for half ups or just to pull back my hair from my face.

Length
    Chin/CLSC/FTL
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Ohhhhh that’s so awesome!!!! I need to go check out that post.
    Lady Ravenlocks, Keeper of the Secret Library in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Daily wash and go, monthly henndigo, annual trimmer

Length
    13/37/32
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by primadonnamuch View Post
    Hi lovelies! Just wanted to let everyone know I saw Ficcare posted on FB that tomorrow they are launching a new color collection with XL Ficcarissimos and Large Mini-Maximas! Plus they are bringing back the Beak (aka the Innovation) in Large too! Their Summer Preview sale starts tomorrow as well, with 15% off sent out via email. I'm thinking I might pick up some regular and some large Mini-Max's because I've not tried either of them out yet and they seem like they'd be fun for half ups or just to pull back my hair from my face.
    That's interesting! XL Ficcarissimo? They currently have S and M. What happens to Large?

Oh how exciting! Thank you for the heads up, I'm definitely going to. Check it out!
    Much love to all my fellow long hair peoples!

~ ~