Page 2959 of 2959 FirstFirst ... 19592459285929092949295729582959
Results 29,581 to 29,584 of 29584

Thread: The Ficcare Thread (Formerly "Show me your Ficcare color")

Default Re: The Ficcare Thread (Formerly "Show me your Ficcare color")

Quote Originally Posted by Islandgrrl View Post
    I don't like the new ficcis at all. They want to slide right out of my hair, and it doesn't matter what size. My old ones (the ones with teeth) hold great though - I only have larges.
    This must depend on your hair type and length. I have 3B hair (below BSL wet, below shoulders dry), which compresses down quite a bit from its naturally big state and my medium Ficci is a bit too big for most styles. The small ones are amazing, the spring feels delightfully strong, and they can hold an updo whether partial or full. And for curls it's better not to have teeth.

Length
    chin/bcl/tbl
    Type
    2a/F/ii

So for your first ficcares, did you try them on in the store to see what sizes would work for your hair or did you just guess?

Length
    Chin/CLSC+/FTL
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by baanoo View Post
    So for your first ficcares, did you try them on in the store to see what sizes would work for your hair or did you just guess?
    I live in the boonies so there were no nearby stores that carried them, unfortunately. I tried to cross compare people on LHC with similar thickness who use ficcares.
    Lady Ravenlocks, Keeper of the Secret Library in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Henndigo head, daily wash and go, annual trimmer

Length
    BSL/ankle/floor
    Type
    2c/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by baanoo View Post
    I just guessed because I ordered online. I'm still figuring out how I can use my Ls, but I know you want the clip to clamp tightly on the hair without the ends completely closing together. There's a big learning curve. I would try on in-store if you have the option!
    Last edited by lapis_lazuli; July 4th, 2022 at 12:50 PM.