Page 2950 of 2952 FirstFirst ... 1950245028502900294029482949295029512952 LastLast
Results 29,491 to 29,500 of 29511

Thread: The Ficcare Thread (Formerly "Show me your Ficcare color")

Default Re: The Ficcare Thread (Formerly "Show me your Ficcare color")

Quote Originally Posted by sapphire-o View Post
    That's interesting! XL Ficcarissimo? They currently have S and M. What happens to Large?
    Yes I agree, weird they didn't bring back the largge also
    Hair journey:
    February 2019: 30"
    February 2020: 35"

The new styles are live and available for purchase! The discount code is Summer21. I also thought it was interesting they bypassed the Large in favor of the XL but this is the rationale they gave on the website: “ Some may wonder why we brought the XL size instead of the Large size and the simple answer is that customers have been asking for a much bigger clip. So we decided to redesign and create a bigger Ficcarissimo Clip. This XL size is slightly bigger than our original Large size; so rather than calling it Large, we just named it X-Large. We hope you love it.” The Ficcarissimo XL comes in at 5.5” long. I don’t remember how long the original Large was, so if anyone does please feel free to let us know! I love the concept of larger clips, goodness knows LHC members have been asking for them for years, so that’s very exciting. Now I just wish they’d do more with the clips than plain single color enamel or acetate toppers. The crystal collections they did recently were pretty but sadly they were too unbalanced weight-wise for my delicate scalp.

Just letting it grow ravenheather's Avatar
    Length
    16/29/Term
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Anyone have pics of tutti frutti concord grape?

Going for terminal.
    Lost in the midback abyss.
    ALMOST waist stretched!

Cannot decide on a Primavera color! Which color looks so good in that style (on dark brown and henna-orangey hair) that it will be worth the extra money???!! Was waiting for a sale to make this decision but still cannot.

Quote Originally Posted by shterntikhl View Post
    Cannot decide on a Primavera color! Which color looks so good in that style (on dark brown and henna-orangey hair) that it will be worth the extra money???!! Was waiting for a sale to make this decision but still cannot.
    Oo there a bunch of good choices! Do you prefer gold- or silver-based clips?

I've preferred gold because of all the henna, but I am going to try a NightBlooming Enyo for a darker color and considering dipping/ombre indigo at the tips for black. The roots will probably always be orangey because I cover the grey with henna (and think a darker color might need more frequent touch-ups?). The jewelry that I wear when it's not a pandemic includes both gold and silver toned pieces.

Maybe it's underwhelming but perhaps black is the color that will benefit most from Primavera? All the bright or deep pretty colors bring something special to the table even without a design, but black does not. Getting a black primavera will provide a dress-up option for when people can go out dancing again.

Or is there a more exciting idea?

I have a black Primavera from the old collection and I love it, very versatile. My hair is naturally a dark, neutral brown and I love how the black contrasts with the gold in my hair. I also have the matte two-tone gold Primavera and I think that’s perfect for daily wear. If you wanted a fun pop of color I’d go with the robin blue from the Picasso collection, it’s so bright and fun and I think it would look great in both dark orangey-brown and indigo brown hair. What color clothing do you usually wear?

Also, I have to say, I cannot wait to be able to go out dancing again!

Do you wear gold or silver Ficcares?

I've been away from my things for a while due to complicated pandemic reasons, but here's what I remember:
    I do like the robin blue though I guess my wardrobe is black, various red/maroon/rust/magenta burgundy, peacock/turquoise/aqua/teal/forest green, purples, cream/white/ivory, and hand-me-downs in pale pinks and navys. I'm hoping to purge the navy clothes when I can find good replacements because the color reminds me of school uniforms, and maybe add to the yellow and purple. There might be some grey things, which I can tolerate if accompanied by a good color.

What kind of dancing do you enjoy or is that too off-topic? Do you wear Ficcares to dance? For social dancing I try to pull my big hair to the left so my partners can see/breathe. I realized that whether leading or following, the partner is always on one's right!

Length
    13/34/32
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I have neutral skin tone so I wear both gold and silver. Sounds like you have cool colors for your wardrobe. I think silver would go with them better. But why not get a gold one, too?

Spatially Disoriented Charybdis's Avatar
    Length
    chin/tbl/clsc
    Type
    2b/M/iii

I haven't posted in literally years due to kid-having and thus no free time, but I thought the UK ladies would like to know that I received these beauties in the UK yesterday after ordering them direct from Ficcare at the end of 2020: https://forums.longhaircommunity.com...?albumid=14497. They discovered after the sale that they had to apply for a VAT number from HMRC, so we had to wait for them to get that number issued in order to collect the VAT and remit it to HMRC. I received the parcel without any customs hangups because the value was under 135. Over 135 value, Customs will hold the parcel until you pay them both VAT and customs duty. Anyway, if you are in the UK and place an order direct with Ficcare that is worth less than 135, they can now collect the VAT and send your items to you! Shipping was $15 USD.