Page 2904 of 2904 FirstFirst ... 19042404280428542894290229032904
Results 29,031 to 29,040 of 29040

Thread: The Ficcare Thread (Formerly "Show me your Ficcare color")

Type
    1b/F/i

Default Re: The Ficcare Thread (Formerly "Show me your Ficcare color")

The Nordstrom Ficcares are the real deal. They carry some basic ones in the stores.
    (We are) star stuff contemplating the stars...Carl Sagan
    In old age; wandering on paths of beauty; lively may I walk...Night Chant of the Navajo.
    Time is the fire in which we burn...Delmore Schwartz

Quote Originally Posted by sourgrl View Post
    For those not on Facebook, here's a link to their page: https://www.facebook.com/Ficcare/ They commented on the announcement thread they are bringing back the 1st released colors and included a pic of them.
    OH, thanks for the link, I didn't know they had a facebook. This is so exciting, borders are so pretty! Hey maybe they'll bring back the large ficcarissimos too, those are the ones I really want to try
    Valentines day (Feb 14): 30"
    Easter (April 21): 31" WAIST
    Summer Solstice (June 21): 32"

Quote Originally Posted by BerrySara View Post
    I'm excited to see the new borders. I haven't jumped head in with Ficcare clips unlike some other hair toys but I am really considering one now and wanted to know if anyone knows the difference between:
    Maximas Pearlized Caramel (from ficcare's website) &
    Maximas Silky Caramel (from Nordstrom)

They look awfully similar to me and I cant find any links (old or new) about Maximas Silky Caramel. Starting to wonder if Nordstrom mislabeled it...
    HMMM I can't help with this, but just wanted to say they look the same to me too!
    Valentines day (Feb 14): 30"
    Easter (April 21): 31" WAIST
    Summer Solstice (June 21): 32"

Length
    ?/BSL/Hip
    Type
    1c/2a/F/i

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandrina View Post
    OH, thanks for the link, I didn't know they had a facebook. This is so exciting, borders are so pretty! Hey maybe they'll bring back the large ficcarissimos too, those are the ones I really want to try
    I feel very "LHC old" now, since there are people who don't know about the borders! They were always my favorites, and they are the ones I'm keeping (mainly the Ficci borders!).

Hi, Lunasea!

~Proud member of the Renegray Gang~

Type
    1b/F/i

Hi Rags! I wore your superstar just last week so, of course, I’ve been thinking of you. How ya doin’?
    (We are) star stuff contemplating the stars...Carl Sagan
    In old age; wandering on paths of beauty; lively may I walk...Night Chant of the Navajo.
    Time is the fire in which we burn...Delmore Schwartz

Length
    3"/BSL/Hip
    Type
    3c/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Groovy Granny View Post
    I believe they are the real deal; I have a few clips from Nordstrom and they have the Ficcare stamp.
    Some I got on sale and the shipping was free; not sure how costs measure up these days.
    Very pretty clips to choose from BerrySara
    Quote Originally Posted by lunasea View Post
    The Nordstrom Ficcares are the real deal. They carry some basic ones in the stores.
    Ah thank you Groovy Granny and lunasea! I did end up ordering one from Nordstrom. Mostly because I hadn't seen the Pearlized Caramel on the Ficcare site when I first came across the Silky Caramel on the Nordstrom site plus the free shipping from Nordstrom was really nice. Well it already arrived! Ordered Friday and received Saturday, amazing! This is my first Ficcare anything and I am really impressed with the quality and feel of it. I also really like the caramel color, I was a bit nervous whether I would like it or not since the marketing photo colors can sometimes be a little off.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandrina View Post
    HMMM I can't help with this, but just wanted to say they look the same to me too!
    Yea they look really similar to me too, I don't quite get the differences in the names of the two. Silky vs Pearlized. Honestly the Silky from Nordstrom is looking a bit pearlized to me, you can kinda see that in the photo below with the swirls. Wonder if I should order one from the Ficcare site to compare and just return whichever I like less.

Stretched: Chin | SL | CBL | APL | BSL | | MBL | WL | Hip
    Unstretched: Chin | SL | CBL++ | APL | | BSL | MBL | WL
    Growing Out Natural 3C Curls. Last Straightening Treatment Feb 2017

☮ Enjoy the journey ♡ Groovy Granny's Avatar
    Length
    Chin/W~H/W~H
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Very pretty

Length
    MBL/TBL/FNGTP
    Type
    2c/M/ii

My first ficcare is being shipped from the swap board today! I am so excited. I was already looking at the whitish alba colored ones on Amazon when I saw one one here.

Length
    BCL/CL+/WTF
    Type
    2a/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by BerrySara View Post
    Yea they look really similar to me too, I don't quite get the differences in the names of the two. Silky vs Pearlized. Honestly the Silky from Nordstrom is looking a bit pearlized to me, you can kinda see that in the photo below with the swirls. Wonder if I should order one from the Ficcare site to compare and just return whichever I like less.

no need to get two, Ficcare site's pearlized and Nordstrom site's silky are the exact same color. I don't know why Nordstrom is calling it a silky, other than they aren't hair thing obsessed like we all are. (Source: i own one from the Ficcare site that is identical to your Nordstrom one!)

11/2018

Length
    ?/BSL/Hip
    Type
    1c/2a/F/i

Quote Originally Posted by lunasea View Post
    Hi Rags! I wore your superstar just last week so, of course, I’ve been thinking of you. How ya doin’?
    Glad it's getting worn! I've had some major health setbacks, sadly - but my hair is down past my shoulders now! It was waaaay too much hassle to keep in a pixie. I had to get it cut every 3-4 weeks, and I often didn't have the energy to do so, so then it looked ratty. Also, you have to STYLE short hair! This is difficult when sometimes one can't lift one's arms very much! (and then hands don't work nowadays either, since the last elbow injury.....) How are you doing?

BerrySara, that caramel is gorgeous!

~Proud member of the Renegray Gang~