Page 1003 of 2980 FirstFirst ... 35039039539931001100210031004100510131053110315032003 ... LastLast
Results 10,021 to 10,030 of 29798

Thread: The Ficcare Thread (Formerly "Show me your Ficcare color")

Length
    2"/Calf/evs
    Type
    1c/M/iii

Default Re: Show me your Ficcare color thread

I do not see any difference in the springs between the new acetates and any of my very old collection clips.

All of my acetates were more "open" than any of the other maximas clips I own. I solved that by gently pressing on the bottom jaw of the clip to close it a bit, so that it's the same as the rest of my maxes. Since one max from any collection doesn't do a great job of holding my hair, I wear two. Problem with hold variability is solved for me. I agree though that the acetates feel not as tight in the hinges, but I can't figure out why. The new silkies are okay.
    Islandgrrl - Izzie
    Calf length, heading south to lengths unknown.

Length
    17/23/29
    Type
    3c/C/iii

Thanks for the input Islandgrrl and Rowie.
    I will try pressing on the bottom jaw of my onyx acetate to close it as you suggest, Islandgrrl.
    I do like the onyx very much and would like it to be a bit more wearable.
    I am definitely not in the 'needs two large ficcares' stage and probably never will be, so that's not a solution for me. At the moment, I couldn't even wear two mediums.
    Rowie, that sounds like a definite issue, the slipping hairstyle.It's lucky that sticking to enamel maxes can solve it and also that the new silkies, from all I hear, are like the old ficcares and not like the acetates. Although the acetates have definitely improved!
    Let's all keep enjoying our hobby--erm, I mean hairclips--in the New Year.

Length
    ?/BSL/Waist
    Type
    1c/2a/F/i

Happy New Year everyone!

I'm quite late, haven't been around, but there is a royal blue jewel on gold. I know, I have it.

Oh, and my acetate springs aren't much different to my older ones as far as I can tell. The clips themselves do hold more hair though, and I've had to do like Izzie and bend the bottom jaw. They're still a bit large. I'm tempted to order a small acetate - it might fit perfectly!
    Last edited by rags; January 1st, 2014 at 05:09 PM.

~Proud member of the Renegray Gang~

Length
    2"/Calf/evs
    Type
    1c/M/iii

Chen, I hope closing the gap a bit helps. Just be gentle and press it upward. On my clips that I have closed this way, you can't tell they didn't come hat way...there is no bend mark anywhere.

Rags, hi! I have a royal blue jewel lotus on gold. It's stunning!

I don't understand what the issue is with the acetate clips. Theoretically they should be exactly like ant of the others, just with the acetate over the top. There shouldn't be a difference in the actual hardware, right?
    Islandgrrl - Izzie
    Calf length, heading south to lengths unknown.

Length
    chin/34/43
    Type
    2a/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by rowie View Post
    Ok phew, I'm glad you also notice a difference. I thought something was wrong with me because I remember Susie telling me that they haven't changed the springs when obviously they did if there is a difference in the amount of turns in the springs, and also if the new springs look bigger. I think you might be right that since the acetate part is bigger (and therefore making the piece overall look bigger) then pressing it near the hinge area will be easier and more ergonomic compared to the less ergonomic feel of any of the pieces from the old collections (try pressing on a line of crystals like in the retro collections, it can be uncomfortable). The difference maybe slight, but I feel those slight differences become really big to me, big enough to decide whether I'd want to invest more on the enamels based on the actual performance of the clip. See my hair fills up the new regular acetates, my problem is that it fills it but it doesn't hold my updo into place. I end up making readjustments throughout the day, compared to having something so tight gripping where I wouldn't need to readjust. I just clip and i'm set for the day. With the new acetates, I have to readjust and so I as well won't be buying any more acetates.
    Quote Originally Posted by Islandgrrl View Post
    Chen, I hope closing the gap a bit helps. Just be gentle and press it upward. On my clips that I have closed this way, you can't tell they didn't come hat way...there is no bend mark anywhere.

Rags, hi! I have a royal blue jewel lotus on gold. It's stunning!

I don't understand what the issue is with the acetate clips. Theoretically they should be exactly like ant of the others, just with the acetate over the top. There shouldn't be a difference in the actual hardware, right?
    I have a multistripe acetate that I bought this past summer. The spring looks about the same and has 11 turns like my other large Maximas clips. However, I notice it takes significantly less force to open the acetate than any of the others. I don't know why. The only visible difference in the hardware is the actual metal the clip is made of, a very shiny yellow brass which isn't like the gold on my pink primavera nor on my new silkies (all my other clips are silver based).

I do understand what some are saying about the gap between the jaws. (I bent the bottom jaw of my Old Navy fakkares to make them bigger.) The gap is the same size on my acetate as my other large Ficcares. Rowie, my problem is the same as yours (in red). It is tougher to get an all-day hold with my acetate clip. If my hair is being especially slippery or difficult that day, I can forget it.
    Chin, Shoulder, APL, MBL, Waist, Hip, Tailbone, Classic

Length
    pixie/waist/hip
    Type
    3a/C/ii/iii

I own 2 acetates and 2 "old" classicals. I don't see any difference when it comes to the springs. The only difference I see is between maximas and innovations. The innovations have an icredible strong spring - I have problems opening it!

Length
    23/26,5/34
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

I had a medium Acetate and it just slipped out of my hair. I couldn't make it to hold in any hair style. The grip was weak in comparison to the older medium Ficcares I own. Like others said, it seems that it holds more hair with lesser stength. Because I gave it away, I cannot compare it anymore, but I won't purchase an Acetate anymore.

I do not understand, why some don't have that difference as it was really drastic in my case.

Length
    23/26,5/34
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

And a rare beauty in a shabby picture.

Lovely ficcare and a nice match to your shirt!!

Length
    23/26,5/34
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Thanx Severus,

that's why I love it so much. It matches a quarter of the insides of my closet.