Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Millet for a real fast growth

Length
    26/20/30
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Lightbulb Millet for a real fast growth

Hi ladies, I am a pretty long time reader, and not so long time member.
    I decided that I have to share my personal recipe for hair growth, one that I have forgotten, but now I've seem to revive the interest in it.
    For as long as I can remember, I have had really thick and volomnous hair. Colour was never interesting, so about ten years ago I started with henna. My colleague wanted almost black effect, so she said I should put it for whole night. I did it, repetedly, for eight years, and since I used the only henna I could find (which, I suppose, was not as good as the used by other members here) it was damaging my hair. How could I be so dumb? I had perfect hair up to my ears, and from ears onwards they were absolutely horrid. Being stupid and (not so) young, I decided to throw bleach over it, and start again (???) and my hair was destroyed.
    Now, a year and something later, I have managed to recuperate about 20 cm of my old hair, but I have a really nice growth of my virgin new hair.

Now to the point of the thread: before the bleaching accident, I was taking an old indian recipe for hair growth: curd and fenugreek. My hair was really nice, thick and it was growing fast, but the store in which I was buying fenugreek went bancrupted, and I ceased to take that. Than the bleaching came, destroyed my hair. My new hair was gentle, smooth (otherwise it is really thick) and, sadly, really thin. I went to see my grandma and she said that I must start to eat millet in the morning: the recipe is the same as for fenugreek: some say, that it must be cooked, I think it is best to just put it in water until next day, then mix with some yoghurt or/and honey. I like it. And my hair........omg. My hair is really thick again (maybe even more), it has luster...and I have so many "new babies", that under powerful light it seems that I have a mohawk

So, this is my story. I hope it will help someone on this board.

Length
    18"/35"/45"
    Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Millet for a real fast growth

That's very interesting. Is there anyway you could post a picture of the millet or make a link to the millet you are using. The reason is: there are at least 3 types of millets! Thanks for posting - very helpful!

Obsessive Oilaholic ChloeDharma's Avatar
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Years ago i found a book in the library called "Eat Yourself Beautiful" by Liz Earl. In that she describes millet as being a very valuable hair and skin food, apparently it also is a vegan source of all 8 essential amino acids which would i assume be usefull for hair and skin health.
    I do keep meaning to try adding this to my diet but never quite get around to it. In the book i mentioned there is a recipe for something called millet mash, which might be an idea to try.
    BTW most people seem to recognise millet as bird food.....for those interested in what it is
    The heart would have no rainbow, had the eyes no tears.

Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

I sometimes eat millet instead of rice. It's really tasty.

Can some one explain Millet a little better for me? I read a little bit about it and it sounds like a healthier then having rice...

Any links or anything explaining more about it and where i can be bought?

Length
    shldr/APL/Term

Millet porridge is also good. I mix it with buckwheat and rice.

Length
    APL/APL/CL
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/i/ii

Ditto to what melrose1985 said

Length
    ~APL/26.5/34 in
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

That's interesting. I've seen millet in the bulk section of the health food store I go to. Maybe I'll buy some and start eating it more breakfast. I love cooked or soaked whole grains mixed with yogurt for breakfast.

Length
    3 in./BSL/TLB
    Type
    3a/3b/F/ii

Thank you for the post tevta!

This sounds not only beneficial for hair and body, but a quick and easy breakfast(just leave overnight then mix in the morning)! I'm not a breakfast person because I don't like to cook and often don't have time. I will definitely be trying this.

Heres some info on wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millet

I think my mom makes flat bread out this flour. I am just a bit confused between "jowar" and "bajri" I will have to ask my mom.

" Millets are major food sources in arid and semi-arid regions of the world, and feature in the traditional cuisine of many others. In Western India, Sorghum (called "Jowar" in Gujarati and Marathi) has been commonly used with millet flour called "Bajari" in Western India) flour for hundreds of years to make the local staple flat bread (called "Rotla" in Gujarati or "Bhakri" in Marathi).'