Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Addicted to wearing my hair down...

Length
    18"/waist/hip
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

Default Addicted to wearing my hair down...

So the last couple of weeks have been a bit strange for me... I think that I've hit a minimilestone at reaching waist length (sorry I don't have a digital camera to post pics ). But now that my hair is that long, possibly longer than I have ever had it before, I wear it down constantly! Ok not all the time but when I'm just around the house or on my couple days off from work I'll start with it in a braid or bun and it will end up coming down at some point in the day! I love the way my hair feels and looks when it's down...but I also know the damage I'm probably causing it! Is this just some sort of sick phase I'm going through?? It's like I've surprised myself when I took my hair out one day...Oh look! My hair is longer! When did this happen? Well...any imput would be great! Maybe some tips on how you got past the novelty of long hair? Thanks!
    Cowgirl

Length
    bob/bob/WST
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

Default Re: Addicted to wearing my hair down...

I am sort of the same way. If it's not too hot, my hair is down. For me it is the scalp-aches but also that I just like the way it looks down more than up. I say enjoy your hair. That's what it's for. I just make sure I protect it out in the weather or if I am somewhere where there is a lot of people or high risk of getting it caught in things. Other than that, it doesn't really tangle that much more when down and my job is an office job where I don't really move around a lot or anything.

So my vote is ENJOY YOUR HAIR AND EVERYTHING ABOUT IT!!!

Combing only when wet with CO, Suave conditioner, AG Re:Coil, LA Looks sports gel, EVOO and coconut oil

Length
    27/33/46
    Type
    1a/F/ii

I never got over the novelty! My two man hairstyles are down and it a ponytail. It's very rare that I put it into a bun or a braid, although I've been sleeping with it in a braid more often.

I love when my hair is down, and I think it looks best that way. I don't think my hair gets all that damaged from it, either. I'll probably be singing a different tune when it gets past waist and starts to catch on everything, but for now, my hair like to be down.

I think you just need to ask yourself a few questions about your hair when it's down. Do the ends tangle easily when down? If so, you might damage your hair detangling it. Does your hair catch on anything in your house, car, or at work? If it catches on anything, you can do some damage, but if not, you're probably ok. Also, do you sit on chairs and couches a lot? Your hair will rub against the backs of these when you're sitting, which can damage it. Finally, you want to ask yourself what are you going to be doing while wearing your hair down. Will you just be doing some grocery shopping, or are you going for a ride on a windy day? Obviously, some activities will be damaging to your hair while others won't.

Length
    pixie/41''/term?
    Type
    2c/C/iii

I know what you mean, I've had the same problem since I hit tailbone, I really just want to wear it down although I know it's causing it a lot of damage (my hair tangles very easily). One of my solutions has been to oil the ends so heavily you just don't want to wear it down and simply have to keep it in a bun
    http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=14846&dateline=121016  5357 Spot the difference?

Length
    12/30/36
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii/iii

I love having my hair down! My hair is pretty tough so I dont typically have trouble with tangels or damage. I braid most of the time when I sleep though.
    "I am chaos. I am the substance from which your artists and scientists build rhythms. I am the spirit with which your children and clowns laugh in happy anarchy. I am chaos. I am alive, and I tell you that you are free." ~ Eris, Greek Goddess of dischord.

Length
    22.5/BSL/??
    Type
    1c/M/ii

I love wearing my hair down too, and still do quite often It's not that long yet, so I don't think I'm damaging it too much. I make sure to wear it up when I'm doing something that will probably damage it, like riding horses, quadding, etc...and I usually wear it up everyday to work, but on weekends I like to wear it down when we go out with friends or to visit family.

Length
    chin/hip/clssc
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/iii

Maybe you can try the Wear your hair up challenge. I joined for a month to force myself to wear it up for awhile. I'm discovering a versatility I didn't realize it had.
    This is my signature. Do you like it?

Length
    12"/31.5"/Waist
    Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

I am a half and half. When I am at home, my hair is usually up in a twist or bun, but when I am out or at work, I wear my hair down. This also depends on how long it has been since I washed it, as wash day is always a hair down day. My hair is fairly curly and doesn't tangle easily and the only time I have to be careful of damage is in the car as I usually travel with my windows down.

Length shot taken 11.11.09

Onward and Upward GoddesJourney's Avatar
    Length
    BSL/TBL!/CL
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/ii/iii

What a second... this is ridiculous! Of course you like wearing your hair down. You've been growing it out for who knows how long now and babying it and dreaming of longer hair. Now you have it and you should enjoy it sometimes. Sick phase nothing. Don't feel like you have to hide your hair away all the time. You grew it out so you could let it down and admire it sometimes. Do it. That's the best part of that moment right before you get in the shower.

For cool tips on life, check out my blog, How to Be Awesome, For Free, a survival guide for surviving in style.

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

I love to wear my hair down when I have the time to watch out for it. If I get busy, I put it up so as not to get it caught on anything or have it be in my way. I almost always wear it up in the kitchen; my family doesn't like hair in their food (odd, I know).