Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you like to touch different textured hair?

Length
    18/26/28
    Type
    3b/F/M/ii

Default Re: Do you like to touch different textured hair?

Yes, I do. I have a very diverse group of friends and we all have different hair textures. It is very fascinating to me. But I only feel comfortable doing that around my friends, I would probably never approach a stranger to touch their hair.

Length
    28"/42.5"/48"
    Type
    3c/M/C/iii

Yes, but luckily I have all the different textures in my household. My oldest daughter has 2c/3a baby fine silky hair, the baby has 3a fine/medium textured soft fluffy hair, my husband has smooth 1c super dense medium textured hair and my hair is porous 3b medium textured mixed with random coarse and fine strands.

But outside of my family (or a LHC meet) people touching my hair or me touching theirs would just be weird.
    Lady Starr Weaver of the Celestial Heavens in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    3b, M/C, iii, 40"
    Straightened length with fairy tale ends in siggie pic

Length
    24/24/38
    Type
    2b/C/iii

I love touching other people's hair and playing with it !
    Luckily people let me haha! I love people touching my hair too!

Sometimes if I see some really healthy beautiful hair, I may want to touch it, but I'm not usually in a social situation to do so. I am absolutely horrified to be near ratted, tangled, broken, suffering hair. I recently was standing in line behind a girl who's hair was unbelievably bad and I couldn't stop staring, like watching a train crash. I had a bad experience one time running my hand through a guys hair and his scalp was completely crusted in scabs which stuck under my fingernails. . . so I'm a bit touch-shy.

I've always like the idea of having someone who adored my hair brush and oil it and rub my scalp. A powerful, possibly sensual experience is what I imagine. Maybe even just a soothing hair lover exchange. My honey offers to brush my hair for me from time to time but it is more because he thinks I want him to than because he enjoys it so the allure evaporates. Usually I'm very protective of my hair and am offended if people touch without asking.

Type
    2a/M/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by ilovelonghair View Post
    LOL!

I think it is because in my family we all admire beautiful hair and she was probably curious because said past boyfriends had very different hair from people in our family. When 2 years ago me and my partner went oversees and got to meet that aunt, I predicted she was going to do it again, and yes she did! But in this case I could understand, he got the nicest thickest hair and lots of people ask him.
    Oh that makes sense , its quality that matters.

"Gorgeous hair is the best revenge"
    Ivana Trump

Length
    Hip/Class/Uh...
    Type
    2b/C/ii

If someone's hair is particularly "intriguing" then I'll be curious enough to touch it, but have never asked if it is a complete stranger. I imagine if I was a friend to someone with said hair, I would be comfortable enough to ask, but only then it would be to touch a group of strands to get a feel for its texture.

For the most part, touching and playing with my hair is a very sensual experience me. My fiance is the only one I trust enough to wash, comb, and play with my hair.

Length
    shldr/MBAv2/trml
    Type
    2c/M/ii

I never ask to touch peoples' hair and I don't touch without permission. However, I am often asked to style other people's hair for them. Long, short and in between. I think it's because I am always interested in hair and what people are doing with it. That and I enjoy styling hair & most people seem to pick up on that.

I find it very interesting how different hair can be even in the same family and it's challenging to adapt styles to fit different hair types. Braiding super thick and super fine hair can need the same skills used in different ways. My mum and MIL both have weak arms now and find it hard to style their short hair with the dryer or hotbrush so I get to do that too if they stay with us on holiday or something. My sisters and SIL have 3ciii hair which they get me to straighten. It's a real learning experience for me when they talk about products and frizz-causing hazards.

So for me it's not touching for touching's sake, it's the chance to use my styling skills and play with products, tools and accessories that I would not let near my hair these days.

Length
    26.5"/46.5"/...."
    Type
    2a/2b/C/ii/iii

i've only done it when styling other peoples hair and i'm amazed on how different other people react to different techniques. makes me very aware on how relent i am on my hair coarseness holding styles up were as i do it on someone else's usually they fall out within minutes of going up if they go up. also i'm convinced others have thinner hair shafts than i . think i'm surrounded by fine haired people which by the way don't know how to handle my hair

I highly dislike it - even people I know well, it feels dirty, I always find a way to opt out when one of my sisters / nieces asks me to style their hair. Even if it's freshly shampooed, I'd wash my hands right after, to me it's rather akin to touching, like, feet. Yikes
    I only like to touch the hair of people I'm physically intimate with.
    Last edited by slz; July 21st, 2009 at 09:17 AM.

Length
    shldr/shldr/?
    Type
    1c/F/ii

I don't touch other people's hair unless I give them a trim etc. I used to have two Armenian friends when I was a kid and they sometimes wanted to touch my hair because my texture was (still is) very different compared to theirs (fine/straight vs. coarse/wavy). They also used to be really amazed by my skin (stroking my arms etc.) because it was so much softer and smoother than theirs. That was a bit weird but then again they had just come from Armenia (I don't even know if that was their original country) and didn't know many Finnish people so I guess I was kind of exotic in their eyes...