Results 5,901 to 5,910 of 5975

Thread: Show Me Your Hennaed Hair!

Length
    3.9/24/30
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Default Re: Show Me Your Hennaed Hair!

Quote Originally Posted by captainjanuary View Post

Your hair is gorgeus! Don't cut it, it looks like it's on fire from the bottom up! Very cool!

Length
    Buzz/APL/Waist
    Type
    2b/F/M/iii

I have a photo of my hair for once! I asked my partner to take one tonight because I was proud of the little bun I made. I got some hair forks for Christmas and I thought they wouldn't work for me, but they've been so fun and are a much nicer/easier way to put up my hair than bobby pins. When the whole length is up, the hair fork doesn't flatten it all like a lot of bobby pins, so they even make it look like I have loads of hair, like some users here.

I've got dry shampoo in with this photo (because of greasy second day hair) but it is also a good example of how henna can look different in different lights. Normally it looks more like my avatar in photos. The ends are darker, because I've been making an effort to only henna the roots for a couple of years now. This is 100% jamila henna dye-released for 12 hours or so, frozen, and then defrosted, left on for about three hours. I originally have light blonde hair. I've been enjoying the length and the color recently, even if it isn't perfect (I'd prefer to have all one color but I don't want to cut it).
    So beautiful! Did the henna loosen your texture at all over the years? The transition to the redder tips is super cool looking. Can't wait till my hennaed hair is that long!
    Buzz - Pixie - Bob - Shoulder - CBL - APL - MBL - Waist - Hip

Length
    SL/WL/??
    Type
    1b/F/i

Quote Originally Posted by Jane99 View Post
    Your hair is super pretty! It looks very soft and the texture is great! Hope you enjoy your forks!
    It is very soft! I have to think of that as the upside to it not being very thick (my pony tail circumference is tiny).

Quote Originally Posted by DropStitches View Post
    Your hair is gorgeous! Also, this photo looks like a still from a cool indie movie.
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by morrigan* View Post
    Your hair is such a pretty shade. What is your base color.
    I have light silver blonde color naturally--very little actual color in the base so henna shows up really well.

Quote Originally Posted by Hexana View Post
    Your hair is gorgeus! Don't cut it, it looks like it's on fire from the bottom up! Very cool!
    Thank you! That's a fun way of putting it.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyStardust View Post
    So beautiful! Did the henna loosen your texture at all over the years? The transition to the redder tips is super cool looking. Can't wait till my hennaed hair is that long!
    I did used to have more waves and henna has made my hair almost stick straight--I don't really mind because the strengthening properties make up for it and I never had anything close to curls. A tiny bit of the natural wave/texture has come back now that I leave the henna on only my roots for three hours rather than seven hours. The waves or curl I have in this photo are from having previously put all my hair up in a figure-eight bun the day before though.

Length
    Buzz/APL/Waist
    Type
    2b/F/M/iii

I did used to have more waves and henna has made my hair almost stick straight--I don't really mind because the strengthening properties make up for it and I never had anything close to curls. A tiny bit of the natural wave/texture has come back now that I leave the henna on only my roots for three hours rather than seven hours. The waves or curl I have in this photo are from having previously put all my hair up in a figure-eight bun the day before though.
    I love to hear it! I always want a straighter texture, since no matter what I do, the top part of my hair is quite straight and the underlayers are quite whurly. But so far it's been my experience too that henna is straightening it out, and makes everything a bit more uniform.

Are you using pure henna on your roots, or a blend of some sort? Do you notice any fading over time?

Length
    SL/WL/??
    Type
    1b/F/i

Quote Originally Posted by LadyStardust View Post
    I love to hear it! I always want a straighter texture, since no matter what I do, the top part of my hair is quite straight and the underlayers are quite whurly. But so far it's been my experience too that henna is straightening it out, and makes everything a bit more uniform.

Are you using pure henna on your roots, or a blend of some sort? Do you notice any fading over time?
    That sounds like a good results/expectations for henna! Normally I have some more wispy and frizzy hair around my face/temples but the henna weighs it down and straightens it out so it looks deliberate and groomed right from the shower.

Mostly pure BAQ Jamila henna, but with a couple tablespoons of fenugreek powder for slip mixed in. I do notice a very small amount of fading at the roots now that I leave it on for less time, but only in the first couple weeks or so. The length's color seems pretty stuck.

Length
    Buzz/APL/Waist
    Type
    2b/F/M/iii

That sounds like a good results/expectations for henna! Normally I have some more wispy and frizzy hair around my face/temples but the henna weighs it down and straightens it out so it looks deliberate and groomed right from the shower.

Mostly pure BAQ Jamila henna, but with a couple tablespoons of fenugreek powder for slip mixed in. I do notice a very small amount of fading at the roots now that I leave it on for less time, but only in the first couple weeks or so. The length's color seems pretty stuck.
    Yeah I've also got a lot of wisp and poof and frizz in my natural hair, and the henna has been a big improvement. I've only done weak henna/cassia mixes and one 80ish% mix for 2 hours, and I definitely want it redder, so I'm excited to see how another 3 hour application affects the texture and color. I don't think I could leave it on for 7 hours though, I barely managed 2 last time!

Length
    SL/Hip/Term
    Type
    1a/1b/M/C/iii

Does anyone have any pictures of red henna on dark brown hair they could share? I'm thinking of trying lush rouge henna as a first timer.. hmmm... but I have naturally dark brown hair.
    Last edited by Sammich; February 4th, 2021 at 05:53 AM.
    Wobbly are the walls ofmy mind. ~ Hip onward to tailbone and beyond~ No trimming 2021 from 8th February 2021 ~ My hair type is Asian.

Yes, in my album. The first two are with henna; I think the rest are my natural color, which is sort of an ash brown (some of the older pictures are from when it was a bit lighter; the last two are more accurate to now).

For me, even though henna doesn't lighten hair, my hair can still look lighter-colored in some lights because of the brightness of the henna (and probably also the warm tones of it; the ash tones in my hair make it look very dead unless I'm in sunlight where any warm tones come out, and henna helps it to be a bit warmer all the time).
    Putting it in my signature because I have to say it so often:
    Do what works for your hair, not what other people say is "right" or "wrong." If it works for you, it's not wrong. If it doesn't work for you, it's not right.

Length
    15/40/tbd
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Sammich, DropStitches, down thread, has dark hair & her henna looks so gorgeous.

Length
    bob/MB/WL
    Type
    3a/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Bluecardigan View Post
    I'm going to henna my hair tomorrow for the second time, last time was at the end of october. (Sorry for the big picture and that it's sideways, I don't know how to change it!) I love the shine, although it's probably because of the flash.
    That color is PERFECT.

Lady Tangocurl of the Scepter-Twined Tresses in the Order of the Long Haired Knights.
    Currently BSL in the back when stretched, and a couple inches shy of BSL in the front. Very basic 3a. No cones. No heat styling.