Page 594 of 595 FirstFirst ... 94494544584592593594595 LastLast
Results 5,931 to 5,940 of 5942

Thread: Show Me Your Hennaed Hair!

  1. #5931
    Prairie Pintsize Shorty89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    4,320
    Length
    29"/34/40"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii/iii

    Default Re: Show Me Your Hennaed Hair!

    Quote Originally Posted by Kamsilka View Post
    Hello girls,
    I am a new one and I donīt know, if this site is still active. I hennayed hair maybe 10 times I think (I do henna every week because I want beautiful red colour). I tried Egyptian Five herbs henna, Sahara Tazarine, BAQ Rajasthani or BAQ Raj henna, I tried Ayiumi henna or Auburn Henna from Henne Color. Any of this colour not go to red, everything I have to coppery tones. I tried only henna with water, henna with acidic things, with hibiscus powder, without. I tried application immediately after mixing and application after dye-release (18 hours). Every layer I had on my head about 4-5 hours. For me nothing changed. I dont know If I ever get the really red colour, nothing coppery.

    This photo is actually of my colour. Nothing like red. I thought that so many application can do my hair redder.

    https://www.flickr.com/photos/183094...posted-public/

    Please help me with the colour. Thanks.
    Henna often has orange undertones, no matter how red your hair gets. Henna, at its core, is orange. If you want more of a ruby red without any orange flare, you can try something like a deposit only dye or something like Elumen.
    Lady Meikyo of the Cerise Blade

  2. #5932
    Member shelomit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    Southwest/New England/Deep South/Appalachia
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,209
    Length
    42/42/42
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

    Default Re: Show Me Your Hennaed Hair!

    Quote Originally Posted by Kamsilka View Post
    Hello girls,
    I am a new one and I donīt know, if this site is still active. I hennayed hair maybe 10 times I think (I do henna every week because I want beautiful red colour). I tried Egyptian Five herbs henna, Sahara Tazarine, BAQ Rajasthani or BAQ Raj henna, I tried Ayiumi henna or Auburn Henna from Henne Color. Any of this colour not go to red, everything I have to coppery tones. I tried only henna with water, henna with acidic things, with hibiscus powder, without. I tried application immediately after mixing and application after dye-release (18 hours). Every layer I had on my head about 4-5 hours. For me nothing changed. I dont know If I ever get the really red colour, nothing coppery.

    This photo is actually of my colour. Nothing like red. I thought that so many application can do my hair redder.

    https://www.flickr.com/photos/183094...posted-public/

    Please help me with the colour. Thanks.
    You should be able to use a deposit-only red dye on top of the hennaed hair. Repeated applications will make henna *darker*, but will not change its overall color.

  3. #5933

    Default Re: Show Me Your Hennaed Hair!

    Quote Originally Posted by shelomit View Post
    You should be able to use a deposit-only red dye on top of the hennaed hair. Repeated applications will make henna *darker*, but will not change its overall color.
    Thank you both, Shorty89 and shelomit, I try this variant.

  4. #5934
    Prairie Pintsize Shorty89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    4,320
    Length
    29"/34/40"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii/iii

    Default Re: Show Me Your Hennaed Hair!

    Quote Originally Posted by Kamsilka View Post
    Thank you both, Shorty89 and shelomit, I try this variant.
    I've put Manic Panic over my henna. This is my hair with henna.



    And this is it with some Vampire Red Manic Panic on top. It does fade pretty well within a month but you can keep it up without too much problem. I also dilute my MP; undiluted might have more staying power.

    Lady Meikyo of the Cerise Blade

  5. #5935
    Feminist warrior-druidess SwordWomanRiona's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Celtiberian pseudo-Rivendell fort overlooking the sunset
    Posts
    4,206
    Length
    Trim/Thigh/Thigh
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii/iii

    Default Re: Show Me Your Hennaed Hair!

    Quote Originally Posted by Shorty89 View Post
    I've put Manic Panic over my henna. This is my hair with henna.
    And this is it with some Vampire Red Manic Panic on top. It does fade pretty well within a month but you can keep it up without too much problem. I also dilute my MP; undiluted might have more staying power.

    Both colours look gorgeous on your hair ! I dyed my hair with Manic Panic Vampire Red back in 2013 as well, I loved that experiment (even though I used it undiluted and yep, even though it faded the colour stayed in some capacity for at least two years xD)

  6. #5936
    Feminist warrior-druidess SwordWomanRiona's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Celtiberian pseudo-Rivendell fort overlooking the sunset
    Posts
    4,206
    Length
    Trim/Thigh/Thigh
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii/iii

    Default Re: Show Me Your Hennaed Hair!

    I haven't been on this thread for *years*, I think, not since my 2010-11 henna experiments, but I went back to henna in 2019, and then from 2020 till now as part of my haircare and dye routine. So here are some 2022 henna pics : D! I did my roots and length back in February 2022, but since then it's only been root touch ups every couple of months.

    My starting colour is a dark auburn with red highlights, darker at the roots and lighter in the length and ends, and lighter blondish hairs at the temples (as well as a now increasing amount of greys that tend to cluster there and that started when I was in my teenage years welp). I use a 60% henna 40% cassia mix that gives a warm mahogany overall colour, with the lighter, redder pure henna colour at the temples.

    February 2022 -

    June 2022, roots only - I really like how the colour looks in these pics ^^








    September 2022, just retouched the temples -


    And nearly a fortnight ago, 31st October 2022 (roots only) -


    My temples from today, I rather like how I'm developing a bright red streak on the right side xD


    And of course, gotta love the silly henna'ing WIP pics xDD




    Last edited by SwordWomanRiona; November 13th, 2022 at 09:48 AM.

  7. #5937
    Member GoatLady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    PacNW, USA
    Posts
    755
    Length
    Chin/Waist/Knee
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

    Default Re: Show Me Your Hennaed Hair!

    Fresh henna! Just did my roots.

    Hurray! I've reached waist-land! Lady Roxanne,Keeper of the Caprines 🐐 of Willoughby Croft in the order of the Long Haired Knights.

  8. #5938
    Member shelomit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    Southwest/New England/Deep South/Appalachia
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,209
    Length
    42/42/42
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

    Default Re: Show Me Your Hennaed Hair!

    Looking good, folks! You are braver than I am, SwordWomanRiona, to take in-process pics ; )

  9. #5939
    Feminist warrior-druidess SwordWomanRiona's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Celtiberian pseudo-Rivendell fort overlooking the sunset
    Posts
    4,206
    Length
    Trim/Thigh/Thigh
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii/iii

    Default Re: Show Me Your Hennaed Hair!

    Quote Originally Posted by GoatLady View Post
    Fresh henna! Just did my roots.
    Yay for fresh henna, it looks lovely !

    Quote Originally Posted by shelomit View Post
    Looking good, folks! You are braver than I am, SwordWomanRiona, to take in-process pics ; )
    Thanks ^^ And I love the silly in-process pics, they're definitely the highlight of the henna'ing apart from the nice colour pics xDD

  10. #5940
    Prairie Pintsize Shorty89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    4,320
    Length
    29"/34/40"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii/iii

    Default Re: Show Me Your Hennaed Hair!

    Quote Originally Posted by GoatLady View Post
    Fresh henna! Just did my roots.

    Looks great!

    Quote Originally Posted by SwordWomanRiona View Post
    Yay for fresh henna, it looks lovely !


    Thanks ^^ And I love the silly in-process pics, they're definitely the highlight of the henna'ing apart from the nice colour pics xDD
    Your henna is such a deep ruby red. It's gorgeous. I just redid my roots too. I should take a picture soon.
    Lady Meikyo of the Cerise Blade

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •