Page 3 of 598 FirstFirst 123451353103503 ... LastLast

Thread: Show Me Your Hennaed Hair!

Length
    SL/>SL/BSL
    Type
    3a/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by squiggyflop View Post
    im broke too... i spend about a dollar a month on henna... i dont bother with the henna on the internet anymore because i never really noticed a difference other than dye release speed... do you have an indian variety store near you? i use dulhan henna.. it is actually really finely ground with no sticks or leaves in it... and it costs a dollar for 100 grams of it.... the henna on the internet may be cherished be most who henna but isnt really worth the extra money in my opinion...

I agree absolutely.....Indian or Middle Eastern grocery henna is actually "BAQ" for the most part, you just need to research the particular brands that you find to make sure they're pure. I think they're always much better sifted than the health food store brands; I know my Afshan is.

But if, like me, you have none of these stores nearby, these hennas can be ordered online cheaply, too. I get mine here http://www.halalco.com/henna.html That's the best pricing I found online, but there are also other Eastern groceries selling cheap, good henna online that have more brand variety. Just google "indian grocery henna" and they'll come up.

I used to use henna from Mehandi (and paid far too much); the henna I use now works just as well, actually better for me, because it's more coppery in its results. Even so, I still have to either dilute it with other herbs or do very short (less than one hour) applications, or it'll turn burgundy.
    Last edited by Velouria; December 17th, 2009 at 11:20 PM.

Length
    Hip/Neck/???
    Type
    2c/F/ii/iii

What do you all think about this. I have a box of Reshma Henna that I bought at my local. 4 bucks for 200 grams.

It says: Ingredient: Powdered Henna Leaves. I know that's not super reliable since it's imported from India. It also says: WARNING NOT INTENDED FOR USE ON SKIN

Well. It's going to be kind of hard if I can't get it on my scalp. I know that the FDA only approves henna for use on hair, so it may well be that this is just a bootie-covering measure to avoid import hassles.

Inside, the henna is in a clear plastic pouch. The sift and grind looks no different than a Mehandi product. It's baby-powder-fine, and free of any sticks whatsoever.

I'm not sweating this too urgently, because I still have about half a kilo of Yemen from Mehandi. I'm curious, though.
    Battle Wench Arvoreen of the Scything Curls in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    SL/>SL/BSL
    Type
    3a/M/i/ii

I considered ordering Reshma before, and researched it......it's good and pure from what I remember. I ended up getting Afshan instead only because it was even cheaper, IIRC.

Length
    24/28/33.5
    Type
    1b/F/M/i/ii

Almudena, is that mahagony henna? I love the color. Looks like it would work on a cool toned complextion. I've tried Rainbow Persian blonde, Avigal ash blonde, Morrocco Marigold blonde, Morrocco Stawberry blonde, Morrocco Copper, Morrocco Light Brown.
    [URL="http://Hair1.jpg"][SIGPIC]

ship me back to bahston Patrycja's Avatar
    Length
    Chin/BSL!!/Waist
    Type
    1c/2a/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by squiggyflop View Post
    im broke too... i spend about a dollar a month on henna... i dont bother with the henna on the internet anymore because i never really noticed a difference other than dye release speed... do you have an indian variety store near you? i use dulhan henna.. it is actually really finely ground with no sticks or leaves in it... and it costs a dollar for 100 grams of it.... the henna on the internet may be cherished be most who henna but isnt really worth the extra money in my opinion...
    thanks for the tip I don't know if we have any indian variety stores around here..I know we have several chinese ones though.I'll have to search my area for a indian one if henna is that cheap there.

oh and I want more of a cherry cola than copper.Copper looks horrible with my skin tone.My siggy shows my hair a copper color but its really a dark brown.It was horrible lighting in my bathroom that day...
    Last edited by Patrycja; April 13th, 2008 at 09:52 PM. Reason: add text
    Lady Lakshmi of the Endless Fortune in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    17/33/40
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Length
    21"/32.5"/30-34
    Type
    2a/F/M/i/ii

I only henna my ends, i used to do it monthly but i think it was such good quality it really started to go that purple colour and make my hair a bit weird feeling- it got a lot coarser! Which is good, because they were damaged, but they weren't soft anymore, so i've stopped. I will continue with glosses. I'm trying to grow out my natural colour.

...Our hairs are just like the rings of a tree, they tell a story of what they have been through
    ...[me]
    old hair journal - pb - Lady Teesha, Minikin of Joy! OZ's where R U?

Length
    30.5/44/45
    Type
    1a/M/ii

These are from last Friday

Length
    sl/bsl/long

Wow, lots of beautyfull hairs!

I only have my avatarpic yet, my first henna on the 3rd day
    Hennaed my hair first time 11th of april

Length
    BSL/Waist/Hips?
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Blueglass View Post
    Almudena, is that mahagony henna? I love the color. Looks like it would work on a cool toned complextion. I've tried Rainbow Persian blonde, Avigal ash blonde, Morrocco Marigold blonde, Morrocco Stawberry blonde, Morrocco Copper, Morrocco Light Brown.
    Thank you for the compliment
    That color is the result of many full henna applications and some indigo gloss (although it's been long time since the last one and I suppose it has faded). My natural hair color is brown with 25% greys. I've always used BAQ henna (Body Art Quality) form www.mehandi.com or www.henna-boy.co.uk.