Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Odd Question??

Length
    20/35/40
    Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

Default Odd Question??

Hi everyone,

I got a strange question asked of me today at work. This was from a new employee who started about a week ago. Seems like an ok person but since the question was asked I have been thinking about it. I thought I would ask it here to see what your answers to this question would be.

The co-worker was admiring my hair (which is to waist now). She said nothing but good things so thats not the problem. Her question was. "I bet you even have a long haired dog at home??"

I laughed cause the funny thing is I DO!! I have a Lhasa Apso that I do my best to keep it in a show coat length. So my question to you fellow long hairs is...Do you have a long haired dog at home?? Is it cause you have long hair too??

Odd I know. But can't seem to get that question off my mind. I mean where the heck did this question come from. And why does it matter if I did or didn't have a long haired pet

Thoughts?

Stacey

Length
    27/34/40
    Type
    2b/2c/C/iii

Default Re: Odd Question??

LOL, funny question. I do have a long haired dog - a Sheltie, there's a picture of her in my album. I had her before I had long hair though. I could see some conection, a person who really hated shed hair would probably not have long haired pets or have long hair themselves.

Length
    buzz/ear/WL+
    Type
    1c/M/iii

I have a beagle and shed almost as much as he does. I think we can add that comment to the "Dumb assumptions people make about long-haired people" collection.

Length
    14/35/44
    Type
    2b/F/M/ii

There is a theory that people pick animal breeds based on qualities that they recognize in themselves. I don't think it's intentional, it's just that the brain makes automatic decisions based on familiarity. Maybe they were thinking this. Think disney movies, the way in 101 dalmations (the animated one) the dogs look like their owners. That's probably what he/she was thinking
    Tailbone, with deliciously oily strands...hmm...I should probably take a picture with clean hair. At some point. Next stop, classic! And maybe some henna...

Length
    20/35/40
    Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

Yes it's was sorta dumb indeed

Length
    ?/31.5"/35 "
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

No, my dog has a short coat, he's a mix, you can see the pics in my album. But I've heard more often that people tend to pick out a dog that is somehow similar to them, that could be in appearance but in behaviour as well...

Length
    20/35/40
    Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

I wont lie I can see what you mean about picking pets based on personalities. I fell in love with my dog after seeing it at local pet store. The fuzzy-ness of the handful of joy did play a part

Now she is a much larger ball of hair but I love her even more. So cute!!

Stacey

Length
    chin/hip/clssc
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/iii

My boyfriend and I have two Newfoundlands. Never really considered the irony of having two dogs with that much hair.
    This is my signature. Do you like it?

Length
    shldr/waist/hip
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Three of my four cats are longhairs. However, I have not "picked" a single cat in my life. They pick me.
    01/07/2010, now at waist length (30").
    I'm a work in progress.

Length
    20/35/40
    Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

hmm makes you wonder if the oppisite has happened here. Did they "Pick" you cause of your long hair hahahaha.

Stacey