Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fantastic Sam's Fiasco.

Miss Blue Head. :) BlackfootHair's Avatar
    In front of the mirror looking for whites.
    Length
    23/Apl/35
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

Unhappy Fantastic Sam's Fiasco.

Big surprise that I would have a bad hair cut experience. As if I don't have enough to worry about! As you know, I've recently damaged my hair with bleach. Yes, my fault, I accept that. I trimmed it myself, blunt cut, up to just above my shoulders to tide me over till pay day. My hair was seriously damaged and I knew there was no salvaging it.

Went to FS today to have it worked on some more. I told her exactly what I wanted...she gave me the exact opposite...Big surprise!

I said I wanted just a little off the bottom to even it up, and layers throughout. I showed her where I wanted the layers, and where I wanted the shortest layer to fall. She kept the length where I wanted it...but cut the layers horribly. I told her they didn't feel right...they felt wispy, thin, pointy. Before she started I had told her that's exactly what I DID NOT want, and I liked my layers to feel THICK. Yeah.....so much for getting that.

After 20 minutes of running my hands over my layers and being seriously disappointed in the crappy cut she gave me, I asked her if the other lady working there would have a different idea how to cut the layers...........So the other lady comes over, listens to what I want, and starts making fixes to the other girl's mishaps. It starts to feel better.........but the second lady has to go back to her client and the first girl takes over...still doesn't feel right. Finally I tell her that I'm going to stop there and drive an hour and a half to see a lady who used to cut my hair in high school as she knows how to cut my layers. (the hairdresser and I were having a talk; she was telling me I should let her blow dry it to see, it would look different/feel different. I told her that if it didn't look right wet, or feel right wet, it certainly wasn't going to look or feel better dry...and I reminded her a third time I don't blow dry my hair. Finally, as I was ready to leave the chair, she went to the 2nd lady to probably tell her I still wasn't happy with it. Lady 2 (who was a manager as well) came over there all more than willing to take another look at it. I agreed, and the comb was back in my hair. She quietly explained to me that the girl was just out of school...and the cut she gave me? Yeah...is the kind of cut you give when the person wants their layers to flip out. I had told her I wanted my layers to curl under. The manager still had a client (who was getting a perm) so after 5 quick minutes of her going over my whole head and making adjustments, she told me to come back tomorrow and she'd get it fixed out for me. She knew it was a crap cut, and she knew I wasn't happy...but I went ahead and paid the $8 because I'm having the manager fix it as soon as they open tomorrow. She told me more than once that she'd get it fixed up for me.

Luckily I was able to wrangle it in a pony tail. It looks like poop. There's nothing worse than feeling uncomfortable with the way your hair looks on your head.

Short chunky wispy uneven blotched layers. It doesn't lay right. It's not blended. I'm not happy. I feel all emotional right now...like, I'm never going to have waist length natural colored hair. How many years now have I been "growing out my hair". It's ridiculous and I'm quite sick of it.

At least my hair has less damage on the length than it did...not that I have much length to speak of. At least I can still smell the front since it's long enough to still pull around.

I really would just like a wig now.
    Last edited by BlackfootHair; April 11th, 2008 at 11:34 PM. Reason: spelling
    Rest in peace, little kitty.

Aww gee, what a mess. I hope she can indeed fix it for you today!

Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Well, ya know, now you know why she works at Fantastic Sam's. You get what you pay for.

Length
    14/24/40
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

I'm sorry about your hair - poor girl!
    Lady Cryollaee of the Honored Woodlands in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    The Goal: No trimming until waist (2013)

Length
    1inch/1inch/TB
    Type
    1b/M/i/ii

Just try to keep in mind that your hair WILL grow...just care for what you have, and try not to concentrate on the 'now' element...things will get better, and quicker than you think. And try to find a hairdresser you can trust!! (Easier said than done, I know!)

Jess

Account Closed by Member Request

I hope the manager does a better job. Let us know. Layering is a risky business, but I will tell you that as you grow an inch or two, they may stop flipping...mine did. I don't think your hair looks bad in your siggie photo. Try to stay positive.

Length
    15"/BSL/38"
    Type
    3a/3b/M/iii

You know that some of us just have to learn the hard way what is best for our heads. It has taken me about 25 years to figure it out. I can see the damage in the photo and while it is not an LHC approved recommendation, I think I would cut all the damage out, even if it meant going short and quit the coloring. Of course, what I would do doesn't matter as you have to be happy with it.

I know what you mean about trying and wanting to grow the hair out natural. I finally bit the bullet and cut down to silver root lines last September and I am just now getting to shoulder length. No more dye for me. No more cuts either (except my bangs).

Just do what you have to do, sweetie. Nothing wrong with Fantastic Sam's either. Some of us can't afford to go to more expensive places! Do the best you can with what you have and move forward with the growing out process.
    AutumnLeaves

I completely agree with the post above except that I don't have an opinion on further cutting. When I think back on all the chances I had to grow long, natural hair and ended up doing other things to it, it makes me wonder what in the world I was thinking. Just remember that change comes from the inside, not the outside. You have now and will have in the future all the chances you need to meet your goals, but maybe you need to find that right time for you.
    Last edited by birthmarkie; April 12th, 2008 at 06:29 AM.

(((blackfoothair))) I'm so sorry, all I can offer is hugs and sympathies, treat yourself to some NICE conditioners and deep condition and pamper yourself after the next cut is all over.

Poor kid, I am feeling bad for you.

Miss Blue Head. :) BlackfootHair's Avatar
    In front of the mirror looking for whites.
    Length
    23/Apl/35
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by SHELIAANN1969 View Post
    treat yourself to some NICE conditioners and deep condition and pamper yourself after the next cut is all over.

Poor kid, I am feeling bad for you.
    Um...surprisingly, after the fiasco, I went straight to walmart and bought the new John Frieda smoothing shampoo and conditioner for brunettes. I also bought this Profectiv mega growth lotion. It has tons of good oils. and it's a cream. Really nice. I also bought some clips last night after work. So yeah, retail therapy needs to stop before my money is gone. I'll let everyone know how the retrim goes.
    Rest in peace, little kitty.