Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27353637

Thread: The henna/cassia thread

Length
    BSL/~Clsc/FrTip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Default Re: The henna/cassia thread

Quote Originally Posted by Veganmayhem View Post
    For a strawberry blonde coloring , and I see people say 40% henna, 60% cassia.... what does that mean in terms of table spoons? Or how can I measure this out correctly to get those percentages?
    You can still use percentages by volume. For example 4 teaspoons henna and 6 teaspoons cassia

That said, you probably want to scale your henna down even more. My hair (below) is 35% henna and it's flame on orange. I'd say start with 20% henna, tops, and see where that gets you and then increase the % if you need to.

This is what I’m working with here...more strawberry blonde at the roots and orange/red henna on the bottom. Please let me know your suggestions to make this mix. I have henna and cassia from Henna Sooq. I have a turmeric tea I was thinking of steeping that for the water and maybe orange juice?
    Last edited by Veganmayhem; September 16th, 2020 at 07:40 PM.

Length
    BSL/~Clsc/FrTip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I'd cut the tumeric, it washes out quickly and stains you and your tub more than the hair. The acid also isn't necessary--the only time I recommend that is if you're getting a lot of fading. The lighting is really good in the picture and henna varies a lot in the light, but I'd stand by my earlier assessment of starting at about 20% henna and increasing from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade View Post
    I'd cut the tumeric, it washes out quickly and stains you and your tub more than the hair. The acid also isn't necessary--the only time I recommend that is if you're getting a lot of fading. The lighting is really good in the picture and henna varies a lot in the light, but I'd stand by my earlier assessment of starting at about 20% henna and increasing from there.
    Thank you. So you are suggesting water mixed with what, and no acid? Very interesting, I always heard acid needed. So this would be like 2 tbs of henna with 8 tbs cassia? Thank you so much for any more info you can give
    Last edited by Veganmayhem; September 16th, 2020 at 08:22 PM.

Length
    BSL/~Clsc/FrTip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Veganmayhem View Post
    Thank you. So you are suggesting water mixed with what, and no acid? Very interesting, I always heard acid needed. So this would be like 2 tbs of henna with 8 tbs cassia? Thank you so much for any more info you can give
    Aye a lot of people think henna is drying and then they're dumping loads of acid in it and wondering why XD I do think acids have its place, especially if your color is fading, but for the most part it's one of those things were a lot of the rules for henna in skin art got carried over for hair... and they weren't really tested and really don't apply.

Yes, I think a 1 part henna to 4 parts cassia ratio is a good place to start