Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26343536
Results 351 to 358 of 358

Thread: The henna/cassia thread

  1. #351
    Member flickm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Oxford, UK
    Posts
    514
    Length
    SL/WL/hip
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii/iii

    Default Re: The henna/cassia thread

    Thank you! Stay well x

  2. #352
    Member curly girl fla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    671
    Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

    Default Re: The henna/cassia thread

    Last time I did a 60/40 mix, but on my head now I have a 50/50 with raj this time. My goal is to have my grays (not a lot, but not just a few) take the color as a lighter copper or stawberry and my darker length just keep picking up a more strawberry hugh. I never just do roots. Even with henna, my hair does lighten a little in the sun so as long as I spend time outdoors, this mix will hopefully just maintain the color it is.

  3. #353
    Member selkieQc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Quebec
    Posts
    26
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

    Default Re: The henna/cassia thread

    I'm planing to buy some cassia obovata ! But every shop I find in canada sell it by 100g and with my hair lenght I would need 400g or 500g .-. It's soo expensive for one batch if I need to do it every months....

  4. #354

    Default Re: The henna/cassia thread

    Quote Originally Posted by selkieQc View Post
    I'm planing to buy some cassia obovata ! But every shop I find in canada sell it by 100g and with my hair lenght I would need 400g or 500g .-. It's soo expensive for one batch if I need to do it every months....
    Henna Sooq has a location in Toronto, but I believe they're closed during the pandemic. It could be a good source moving forward though.

    However, would you be colouring your entire length every month, or just the roots?

  5. #355
    Member selkieQc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Quebec
    Posts
    26
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

    Default Re: The henna/cassia thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Bellalla View Post
    Henna Sooq has a location in Toronto, but I believe they're closed during the pandemic. It could be a good source moving forward though.

    However, would you be colouring your entire length every month, or just the roots?
    I will check for this store maybe online ?
    Oh the cassia obovata is a neutral henna! So technically it dont dye hair. It just have the same property than henna but dont last forever

  6. #356

    Default Re: The henna/cassia thread

    Quote Originally Posted by selkieQc View Post
    I will check for this store maybe online ?
    Oh the cassia obovata is a neutral henna! So technically it dont dye hair. It just have the same property than henna but dont last forever
    Sorry, I assumed you were doing henna and cassia together. I seem to recall you having red hair, so I just assumed.

  7. #357
    Member selkieQc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Quebec
    Posts
    26
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

    Default Re: The henna/cassia thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Bellalla View Post
    Sorry, I assumed you were doing henna and cassia together. I seem to recall you having red hair, so I just assumed.
    Ahah yeah I do dye my hair ! But not with henna I use a vegan semi permanent dye

  8. #358
    Member Jane99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    In a house, by the woods
    Posts
    181

    Default Re: The henna/cassia thread

    I just did a roots application for the first time and it was pretty easy to do! I used the “smoosh into a loose braid” method and did a mostly cassia application for my length. It was pretty easy and actually the first time I’ve applied to my own hair (hubby has done all my full head applications for me! But he wasn’t willing to do roots only) It feels and looks good while wet but once my hair dries I’ll have better gauge of how the color looks.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •