SL/WL/hip
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii/iii

Default Re: The henna/cassia thread

Thank you! Stay well x

Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

Last time I did a 60/40 mix, but on my head now I have a 50/50 with raj this time. My goal is to have my grays (not a lot, but not just a few) take the color as a lighter copper or stawberry and my darker length just keep picking up a more strawberry hugh. I never just do roots. Even with henna, my hair does lighten a little in the sun so as long as I spend time outdoors, this mix will hopefully just maintain the color it is.

Type
    1b/F/M/ii

I'm planing to buy some cassia obovata ! But every shop I find in canada sell it by 100g and with my hair lenght I would need 400g or 500g .-. It's soo expensive for one batch if I need to do it every months....

Quote Originally Posted by selkieQc View Post
    I'm planing to buy some cassia obovata ! But every shop I find in canada sell it by 100g and with my hair lenght I would need 400g or 500g .-. It's soo expensive for one batch if I need to do it every months....
    Henna Sooq has a location in Toronto, but I believe they're closed during the pandemic. It could be a good source moving forward though.

However, would you be colouring your entire length every month, or just the roots?

Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Bellalla View Post
    Henna Sooq has a location in Toronto, but I believe they're closed during the pandemic. It could be a good source moving forward though.

However, would you be colouring your entire length every month, or just the roots?
    I will check for this store maybe online ?
    Oh the cassia obovata is a neutral henna! So technically it dont dye hair. It just have the same property than henna but dont last forever

Quote Originally Posted by selkieQc View Post
    I will check for this store maybe online ?
    Oh the cassia obovata is a neutral henna! So technically it dont dye hair. It just have the same property than henna but dont last forever
    Sorry, I assumed you were doing henna and cassia together. I seem to recall you having red hair, so I just assumed.

Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Bellalla View Post
    Sorry, I assumed you were doing henna and cassia together. I seem to recall you having red hair, so I just assumed.
    Ahah yeah I do dye my hair ! But not with henna I use a vegan semi permanent dye

I just did a roots application for the first time and it was pretty easy to do! I used the “smoosh into a loose braid” method and did a mostly cassia application for my length. It was pretty easy and actually the first time I’ve applied to my own hair (hubby has done all my full head applications for me! But he wasn’t willing to do roots only) It feels and looks good while wet but once my hair dries I’ll have better gauge of how the color looks.