Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22303132

Thread: The henna/cassia thread

Length
    22/22/hmm
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Default Re: The henna/cassia thread

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade View Post
    Yep! Generally you want your mud to be at or over 85F/30C for dye release. It will release at lower temperatures, but also takes longer. I tend to mix up my mud with steaming water (which jump starts release) and then keep it at ~100F / 38C for 4 hours of dye release.
    Thanks for your answer, Nightshade.

I once tried doing dye release on the stove warmer burner, and I got dye release after one hour! My concern is that this ultra-fast dye release might lessen the sticking power of the henna to my grey hairs. Or is this unfounded?!

Length
    BSL/~Clsc/FrTip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Leneveu View Post
    Thanks for your answer, Nightshade.

I once tried doing dye release on the stove warmer burner, and I got dye release after one hour! My concern is that this ultra-fast dye release might lessen the sticking power of the henna to my grey hairs. Or is this unfounded?!
    Totally unfounded. I use Fire Genasi, which is pretty diluted henna and it stains my whites just fine

Length
    22/22/hmm
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade View Post
    Totally unfounded. I use Fire Genasi, which is pretty diluted henna and it stains my whites just fine
    Great! That makes things much more convenient! Thanks for your reply

Length
    hip/apl/ftl?
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

I never posted an update so hereís my belated thoughts, whoops.

September 23 I redid my roots, used the 2:3 Saerenrae/Rusalki mix, had a lovely time, yayyy. Fresh roots are nice. My pink underlayer looks really good layered over the warmer roots (my underneath is less strawberry naturally, so my pink overlay was a cooler/more purple tone over the roots compared to the warmer reddish color of the ends. I prefer it warm). Redid my roots again Mid December with just Rusalki because I like that itís simple (no measuring/mixing powders) and itís still perfect.

Did my roots on a Friday and my brows the next morning with straight henna. Turns out if I mix the henna, immediately load up my brows, let it dry, and then wipe the henna off (the whole process is like, 10-15 minutes), itís a perfect match to my roots. At least, after 3-5 days of shocking, neon orange. Everyone at work on Monday noticed and asked if Iíd dyed them, though they were unsure if my hair color itself had changed. (I donít usually wear makeup or fill in my brows at work, so it was super noticeable. I could have filled them in and it would have looked good even on the neon days, I just hadnít bothered) The brows lasted about 3-4 weeks, Iíd say. It was nice having visible brows even on the days I didnít bother to wear makeup/fill them in. If I continue dying my hair every 3-4 months, I could probably do my brows the first two months and it would match, but after that I think my roots would be long enough that the henna brows would probably be too jarring a difference. Though Iím considering doing a cassia treatment at the midway point between root touch ups, that might extend the warmth enough to allow for it. The baby hairs/hair at my temples is pretty white blonde otherwise.

Iím planning to redo my roots and brows tonight so Iíll probably take some pictures and over the weekend so I can have a good little comparison, since I think those are cool. Going to be using just Rusalki again, because I love how that turned out. Am also going to give that crockpot dye release trick a go this time, usually I sit my bowl in front of a space heater and am constantly checking to make sure it isnít dried out/my cats havenít stepped in it/itís heated evenly. Using a crockpot sounds like a much less convoluted method.
    bsl ē waist ē hip ē ē shoulder ē cbl ē apl ē onward

@strawberrywispe

I used Henna for the first time today. It was Rainbow Strawberry Blonde, so cassia + henna. My before, brown roots with some gray and bleached ends. Haven't dyed my hair for about a year. After. Golden ends and gray. I was hoping for a bit more copper, especially in my brown. I might repeat next weekend.

Length
    Chin/FTL+/Knee
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by OracleLunaFaye View Post
    I used Henna for the first time today. It was Rainbow Strawberry Blonde, so cassia + henna. My before, brown roots with some gray and bleached ends. Haven't dyed my hair for about a year. After. Golden ends and gray. I was hoping for a bit more copper, especially in my brown. I might repeat next weekend.

Welcome to the forum, BTW.

I think BAQ henna would give you a more vibrant result, if that's what you're looking for. I'm a little unsure on that.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

My goal is about this

(I use Nicole Kidman as a test if colors would look good on me because she has the same skin tone and eye color as I do.)

My goal is about this

(I use Nicole Kidman as a test if colors would look good on me because she has the same skin tone and eye color as I do.)
    IDK Y my picture isn't showing up, and I don't see a way to edit the post.

Length
    BSL/~Clsc/FrTip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

IDK Y my picture isn't showing up, and I don't see a way to edit the post.
    Posting pictures and editing posts are both things you'll be able to do once you have more posts in general I forget the exact number, but just keep posting! You can also link a picture without embedding it in the post, I think.