Page 904 of 907 FirstFirst ... 404804854894902903904905906 ... LastLast
Results 9,031 to 9,040 of 9070

Thread: You know you are a long hair when....

  1. #9031
    lady daydream ✧ lapis_lazuli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    in the blue...
    Posts
    2,551
    Length
    BSL/calf/floor
    Type
    2c/M/C/iii

    Default Re: You know you are a long hair when....

    Quote Originally Posted by foreveryours View Post
    As one who's been around a while, 2 1/2 years is not long at all

    ETA: The idea came from this post by lapis_lazuli

    https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/entry.php?b=142968

    She's a true longhair by any sense of the term
    Ah man, I always miss my mentions. Thanks forever (your new sigpic is just awesome)

    -

    When a very long hair strand sheds while you're out and there's no way to dispose of it, so you put it in your pocket and take it home. I feel wrong even throwing it into nature in case it's a hazard to some small creature

  2. #9032
    Member Zesty's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    4,656
    Length
    CBL/MTL/Knee
    Type
    1c/M/ii

    Default Re: You know you are a long hair when....

    Quote Originally Posted by lapis_lazuli View Post
    Ah man, I always miss my mentions. Thanks forever (your new sigpic is just awesome)

    -

    When a very long hair strand sheds while you're out and there's no way to dispose of it, so you put it in your pocket and take it home. I feel wrong even throwing it into nature in case it's a hazard to some small creature
    If I shed one in the car I sometimes consider putting it out the window but then I'm worried it'll jam someone's wipers or something.

  3. #9033
    Member Handel'sWig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Location
    Texas, USA
    Age
    19
    Posts
    233
    Length
    BSL/Waist/TBL+
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii/iii

    Default Re: You know you are a long hair when....

    Quote Originally Posted by lapis_lazuli View Post
    When a very long hair strand sheds while you're out and there's no way to dispose of it, so you put it in your pocket and take it home. I feel wrong even throwing it into nature in case it's a hazard to some small creature
    And when you get home you put it in a box because you have some vague idea of making a hair rat, so you literally have a box of shed hair
    ~BSL~MBL~WAIST~HIP~BCL~TBL~TBL+


  4. #9034
    lady daydream ✧ lapis_lazuli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    in the blue...
    Posts
    2,551
    Length
    BSL/calf/floor
    Type
    2c/M/C/iii

    Default Re: You know you are a long hair when....

    Quote Originally Posted by Zesty View Post
    If I shed one in the car I sometimes consider putting it out the window but then I'm worried it'll jam someone's wipers or something.
    Literally!! Never underestimate the power of a single hair...

    Quote Originally Posted by Handel'sWig View Post
    And when you get home you put it in a box because you have some vague idea of making a hair rat, so you literally have a box of shed hair
    That too Usually goes right onto tape to form a lock of hair or plait.

  5. #9035
    Member bparnell75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Northern SF bay area
    Posts
    2,890
    Length
    8 in./40 in/50 in
    Type
    1a/F/M/i

    Default Re: You know you are a long hair when....

    Quote Originally Posted by lapis_lazuli View Post
    Ah man, I always miss my mentions. Thanks forever (your new sigpic is just awesome)

    -

    When a very long hair strand sheds while you're out and there's no way to dispose of it, so you put it in your pocket and take it home. I feel wrong even throwing it into nature in case it's a hazard to some small creature
    I love to throw my sheds into the wind for the bids to put in their nests. I especially do this when we are away in the RV. I always comb my hair outside so there will be plenty of nest materials.
    Oldest LHC Member Currently holding the title: The Eldest
    Radical Believer in the Kingdom of God being here at hand.

  6. #9036
    By a Hairsbreadth Shepherdess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Land of Cheese ;)
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,761
    Length
    ../56"/Term
    Type
    3a/3b/F/M/iii

    Default Re: You know you are a long hair when....

    I walked into my room and closed the door and as I walked away from the door I found out my hair ends were closed in the door. xD
    Final Goal: Terminal lengthLady Randiriel, Shepherdess of Tithenmamiwen




  7. #9037
    Member foreveryours's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    Where no man has gone before
    Posts
    1,052
    Length
    ./53/KNEE
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

    Default Re: You know you are a long hair when....

    you're tired of counting strands so to save time you estimate your strand's linear mass density elsewhere and use that every two weeks to just weigh the wad lost to the comb
    scalp > SL > MBL > WL > TBL > FTL > LHC > ???

  8. #9038
    Member Jools69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    UK
    Age
    51
    Posts
    510
    Length
    22APL/32.5W/43CL
    Type
    2a/F/ii

    Default Re: You know you are a long hair when....

    When putting on your bra, you move your hair back and forth whilst strapping it on, or lean forward so that it’s completely out the way.

  9. #9039
    TERMINAL LENGTH Sarahlabyrinth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    A quiet place
    Posts
    16,799
    Length
    12"/Calf/Calf
    Type
    2b/F/iii

    Default Re: You know you are a long hair when....

    Quote Originally Posted by bparnell75 View Post
    I love to throw my sheds into the wind for the bids to put in their nests. I especially do this when we are away in the RV. I always comb my hair outside so there will be plenty of nest materials.
    I used to do this, thinking I was being helpful to the birds but hubby asked me not to - said the hair kept clogging up the lawnmower....
    JESUS, MY LORD AND SAVIOUR

  10. #9040
    Member Alexandrina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Posts
    1,041

    Default Re: You know you are a long hair when....

    Quote Originally Posted by Jools69 View Post
    When putting on your bra, you move your hair back and forth whilst strapping it on, or lean forward so that it’s completely out the way.
    Yep I definitely don't like my hair getting caught and having to pull or drag it out the times I forget to throw it up in a temp bun before I get dressed.
    Hair journey:
    February 2019: 30"
    February 2020: 35"

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •