Page 101 of 1005 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201601 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 10041

Thread: The CO (conditioner only) washing thread

Default Re: The CO (conditioner only) washing thread

I have been using the VO5 Tea Therapy and Kiwi Clarifying. I have also used Suave Coconut. I rinse very, very well. When I first started CO I could CO every other day and not be oily. Now, it gets yucky in a day and a half. Then I used Neutrogena Anti-Residue Shampoo thinking build up was the problem. Took several days for the shampoo fragrance to disappear, it is not a pleasant scent. Went back to COing and I was good for maybe 10 days then grease city hit again. Now I use one pump of shampoo at the roots, it doesn't lather and then used one of the above conditioners once, leaving it in for 3-5 minutes and rinsing. I've been doing this about week and I have been able to wash every third day. Does CO not work for some people? Is there something else I should be trying? My kids shampoo and condish every 3-4 days and it never looks greasy or dirty.

Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

I have a question

If you CO with coneless conditioners only and heat style, will it burn your hair more than if you were using cones?

I had great results COing with vo5 and suave but recently began heat styling again and out of fear of ruining my hair switched back to cones.

Thank you

Type
    3b/M/C/i/ii

LisaS, how long are you leaving the CO on before you rinse? How well are you scrubbing?
    CG since 6/22/04
    sig pic 10/30/09

Quote Originally Posted by mitabird View Post
    LisaS, how long are you leaving the CO on before you rinse? How well are you scrubbing?
    I leave the conditioner in 3-5 minutes. I believe I am scrubbing fairly well as I no longer get residue on my scalp like I used to.

Type
    3c/4a/C/iii

Do any of you use conditioner with cones?
    Stretched Goal: Tail Bone Length; Un-Stretched Goal: Waist Length
    Hair Photos:http://s1062.photobucket.com/albums/t497/ChelWren/

Length
    3 in./APL/WAIST
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii/iii

I had to go back to shampooing and conditioning everyday. My scalp is simply happier this way. I don't have flakes and I don't worry about pimples. So, I do a diluted shampoo and do mix conditioners. So, far so good, we'll se when I get any length on my scalp! LOL!
    "A life lived in fear is a life half lived"~ Strictly Ballroom

Tiny Opera Singer SlightlySoprano's Avatar
    Length
    SL/~APL/Waist
    Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

I think I have accidentally gone CO. This is definitely a good thing! I've been using white rain extra body to scrub my scalp and then garnier fructise triple moisture for an intense conditioner (only from the ears down). So far so good! Is there a transition period like there is for no 'poo to go CO? Should i be expecting a mega oily scalp for a few weeks?
    Chin--Shoulder--APL--BSL-- MBL-- Waist
    2c/3a-F-i/ii

Length
    Shldr/Hip/Fngrs
    Type
    2c/M/C/ii

There might be a transition period, then again there might not be.

I have had dry hair in the past, and I don't remember much of a transition period (no super-oiliness or anything). Then again, my hair didn't look the greatest because I used a 'coney conditioner and didn't use a vinegar rinse.

You'll just have to wait and see.

As for me, I'm still going strong on CO. Hands down favourite washing method. Ever.

Lately, though, I've been lazy and have stretched my washes out to every 4 days or so, and sometimes when I've exercised and gotten my scalp sweaty, it would become itchy and have little scab-like thingies in places.

On Monday (or was it Tuesday?) I added 4 drops of Tea Tree Oil to the conditioner I used for my scalp (maybe 1/3 cup) and I've not had any itchiness. I think I will continue to do that if I ever feel the need for it...

Length
    pixie/APL/???
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Hi everybody! I started CO-washing almost two weeks ago and I think my dyed hair is much happier. I'm not dripping red in the shower, as I was doing even four weeks after a dye job when I was doing S/C. My hair is shedding a lot less and is generally shinier and softer. The natural wave is becoming more pronounced. I even think my complexion is improving and I haven't made any other changes that could explain that. Reading this thread all the way through was really helpful, but I have two questions about CO so far.

The last two washes, I've had some itching and tiny white flakes in the scalp. To preface this: I always massage it into my scalp as I'm applying it to wet hair, leave it on for at least three minutes, add a little water, and massage it thoroughly again before rinsing, which I do for at least two minutes. Three days ago I used Suave Naturals Fresh Mountain Strawberry for the wash and Suave Naturals Tropical Coconut on the ends for extra conditioning. After about 18 or so hours I had some flaking and itching in the scalp and the ends felt a little greasy, so I thought maybe I should have rinsed longer or just not paired those conditioners. Tonight I used Giovanni TTTT for the wash as well as a conditioning afterward, with a two-minute rinse. It feels clean and doesn't have any of the frizzy flyaways that I seem to get on the canopy from all the other conditioners I've tried, but the scalp is a little flaky and itchy. Now that I think about it more, it's been exceptionally cold this week, or (possible TMI) maybe my cycle is to blame. The first week I tried CO, I wasn't using a second conditioner and I didn't get any flaking, but I'm not adding the second conditioner to my scalp so I don't know if that would be causing it. (I started doing extra conditioning because I hoped it would stop those frizzy flyaways on the canopy.) Does anyone have suggestions?

My other question is, what can I put into my hair to smooth it after my hair is dry, without worrying about 'cones? I've been letting it air-dry and trying not to touch it while it's damp, but it's still happening. I saw that some people use shea butter or certain kinds of oils -- is that useful for the flyaways/frizzies?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Length
    25/29.5/36
    Type
    2c/F/i

Aloe vera gel is absolutely brilliant for taming flyaways & frizzies. Makes the hair soft & is easily washed out.
    As for the itching & flakes i can only suggest trying a different conditioner.