Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: SOs + LHC experiments

has left the building
    Length
    short/22/waist

Default Re: SO's + LHC experiments

Quote Originally Posted by Natalia View Post
    Oh thank goodness! Boy does accutane really do that to your follicles? Scary.... Man yeah my acne isnt bad enough for oral meds nor would i really care to take them. I use it mostly for the milia and hormonal doozies.
    It can, but not for everyone. The idea is that hairloss/altering goes back to normal , but for him it never did

Really explore all other options first if you ever get the thought in your head to take it
    [SIGP

Length
    23/39/40
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii

Default Re: SOs + LHC experiments

no, my b/f shaves his head and doesn't want to grow. but he listens patiently while i describe in detail whatever experiment i have planned, even though i know he really isn't all that interested
    "But the back seat of the drive-in is so lonely without you"

Length
    6/15.5/48
    Type
    3a/3b/F/ii

I know this thread is a bit over a month old but I had to contribute. My honey is currently sitting behind me at his PC with hendigo'd hair (over silver so it is sort of reddish mousy brown) and lets me massage his head daily with a mix of mega-tek, coconut oil, tea-tree and rosemary. I also crafitily replaced his normal t-gel with Giovanni Tea Tree shampoo and after he stopped screaming about the burn he laughed at me and call me his corporate come hippy wife. He now likes the tingle - I guess knowing it's coming makes all the difference! LOL!

Length
    short/short/long
    Type
    3b/F/M/ii

No SO to speak of, but my family has taken on some of my habits. They all know I'm completely obsessed with my hair, but I'm still reluctant to speak of it in detail anyway. Still, my mom oils her hair with avocado butter at night and has started using my Kinky Curly Curling Custard (I had no hope of straight hair--her hair type is almost the same as mine). Her ex uses cholesterol and gets the deep treatments I don't like--usually protein, but she's a chemical dyer/bleacher, so she needs it more than me, I guess.

My sister, on the other hand, is going on her third year of cosmetology school., o anything I say to her is moot. xD; She dyes and fries the hair of everyone in the house. XD; 'Cept for me.
    (Lord Caswallawn of the Crushing Blow in the Order of Longhaired Knights)

Length
    0"/Pixie/???
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii

My SO currently has a buzz, but he wants to grow it out again, and he lets me ramble on about 'cones and cutting down on washing and vitamins, etc, etc.

That said, he won't let me do anything other than shampoo it. That's his limit.
    Bald Guru Tries Again 2k15 (journal)
    Shaved
    | Pixie | Ear | Jaw | Chin | Collar | Shoulder | APL

Length
    APL/BSL/Hip
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

DBF likes to put my hairsticks in his hair. It's between APL and would-be BSL. I think he really wants one of his own. He also lets me practice braids in his hair, and has finally stopped brushing his curls in favor of a wide toothed comb. The other day he told me his hair is feeling a bit dry, and asked me to do "one of those weird hair treatments" for him.

Length
    chin/apl/waist
    Type
    4b/M/ii/iii

My hubby lets me experiment in his hair all the time. I buy him tons of hair products, I trim his hair, and sometimes I practice my buns on his hair since our hair is about the same length.

Length
    18/26/28
    Type
    3b/F/M/ii

My DBF is very supportive. He keeps his hair really short but he's always trying to use my stuff. He already uses my Suave conditioner, my coconut oil, my aloe vera gel. LOL Whenever I am doing something to my hair, he always asks: "oooh what's that stuff? Huh? Coconut oil? what does it do? Hey I need some too! My hair needs to be moisturized too!" He even did a couple of henna applications with me. Now, he started taking my biotin! When I asked him if he knew what it was for, he said "I know it's good for hair and I need healthy beautiful hair too!"
    Anyway, he cracks me up all the time. He is curious and always supportive! Yeah, he is a keeper.
    Last edited by Fillette; August 7th, 2009 at 04:48 PM.

My husband wants me to have long natural colored hair. but he dosnt want hair longer then about 2 inches on his head, though he said when he was a teen he had longer hair.

Length
    16/24/41-45
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Mine doesn't have any hair for me to experiment on, lol. He shaves his head, and has for years. But he does let me rub it with coconut oil or shea butter when his scalp looks dry or flakey. And he is pretty good about helping me with my hair when I need it, like doing root touch-ups and measuring. And doesn't laugh about some of the recipes I talk about trying, or complain about money spent for hair stuff. He really is a sweetheart.
    Last edited by EtherealOde; August 7th, 2009 at 08:34 PM. Reason: typo
    Dye free since September 2010! Embracing my greys