Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: SOs + LHC experiments

Length
    BSL/CL/Knee
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

Default Re: SO's + LHC experiments

I loaned one of my Ric (sierra legacy) combs to my male friend and he loved it.
    He's wary of getting an expensive one since he mislays combs a lot, but said he's hitting Whole Paycheck for a wood comb.
    He's got hair that can take the ripping and not split.
    but he's smart enough to say "wow" when my hair is down.
    They do get smarter with age.
    Join a declutter challenge http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...d.php?t=141272

Nevertheless, she persisted.

Length
    Shldr/Hip/Fngrs
    Type
    2c/M/C/ii

Default Re: SOs + LHC experiments

No SO here that I can speak of <insert wistful sigh>.

But my family thinks I'm absolutely nuts with all my experiments and treatments and so forth... well, they did at first, now they just think it's me. I've tried to proselytize them into being gentler with their hair... don't know that it's working...

has left the building
    Length
    short/22/waist

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleAshes View Post
    Awww, that's a shame.. I understand him though. I went trough an acne treatment too and lost a BIG fraction of my hair. It was very thin and I really didn't like it (add flat iron damage to that :s), so I cut it gradually. I went from waist (when I started the treatment) to chin. The good thing is he will be able to start growing it again in perfect condition

Aww, I'm so sorry you lost so much hair! The thing is though, it started growing as a different texture over a year after he went of of it. It used to be straight and shiny, now it's dry and kinky, so he' thinking that if he starts treating it from short lengths that it will be easier to to maintain. It's a pretty odd reaction, I'm not sure what happened
    [SIGP

Length
    APL/Knee/Knee
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

I don't think you can CWC half an inch of hair, but my fiance is very supportive and useful. He recently did my Holland and Barratt shop (with a detailed list) and got it all right, he sits in a park for five hours while I talk hair, ferries me off to places to buy herbs, takes my photos, plaits my hair and puts up with me!

He also told me one day that he will take me to a GM salon, and thought it was reasonably priced.

Yes he's a keeper.

The rest of my family think I'm nuts, but they knew it already. I think they miss the windowsills in the bathroom.
    Finally at knee, with a new quest for thick ends!
    📸 Hairstagram

Length
    BUZZ/APL/???
    Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

My husband doesn't have much hair, but he has benefited from my LHC research! Vinegar rinses, honey treatments for his scalp, better quality shampoo... his head is much happier now than it was a year ago
    F/ii/goodbye henna!

The Pusuit Of Hippieness Natalia's Avatar
    Length
    L-BSL/CLSC/Mid-T
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by hennaphile View Post
    Accutane did not play nice with his hair (I love it anyway) so he wants to cut it, treat it from the beginning, then grow it long.
    Eeeeek! That scares me my brain just caught on to the fact that accutane is isotretinoin . I have tretinoin cream that i just started using again for the stupid milia around my eyes . I think accutane is oral though right? Gosh i hope i wont lose any more hair....

Anyway to keep to topic i suggested the other day that my BIL try some vinager on his itchy scalp he actually went to go get it but then called and told me they were out and asked if mustanrd would work LOL! I guess he figured that vinager was high on the list on ingredients?

Length
    4 inc/10inc/24inc
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Post Re: SOs + LHC experiments

Nope, but he doesn't mine me doing them on myself He has been using the same shampoo and conditioner ever since he was a kid! I think its due to his allergie sysmptons and he has sensitive skin and I have those things in common as well (though more on the allergie side) but im more open to experiementing mostly due to the fact I take the time to read things and I know mostly what I am allergic to. For him I think if he find something he likes he will stick to it untill that product becomes discontinued. My Mum thought I was weird when I started oiling my hair lol but now she seems to understand it but she would not do it her self. I should try and get my sister into this but she is on 12 hour shifts now and harldy goes online as it is.
    From Pixie to Classic! Armpit length successfuly reached*November 2010* No Cones and no Hairdresser Cuts PROUD!!!

has left the building
    Length
    short/22/waist

Quote Originally Posted by Natalia View Post
    Eeeeek! That scares me my brain just caught on to the fact that accutane is isotretinoin . I have tretinoin cream that i just started using again for the stupid milia around my eyes . I think accutane is oral though right? Gosh i hope i wont lose any more hair....

Anyway to keep to topic i suggested the other day that my BIL try some vinager on his itchy scalp he actually went to go get it but then called and told me they were out and asked if mustanrd would work LOL! I guess he figured that vinager was high on the list on ingredients?
    Oh don't worry it is oral, so so long as you aren't putting it on your scalp I wouldn't fret.

Accutane can cause hairloss, but I thought it wasn't permanent, nor would it permanently alter the structure of the hair

I was lucky, when I was on it it didn't affect my hair.
    [SIGP

Daughter of the King WritingPrincess's Avatar
    South of the cheese, not quite out of the corn.
    Length
    SL/41"/Knee
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

No SO here, but my dad was the first in my family to go WO. He buzzed it all off one summer--I think the summer before I joined here. Then my mother went WO, but tapered off much more slowly. My two sisters are mostly SO, with a WO rinse every week or two. I'm the only one left using S/C.
    "Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more."
    ~ John 8:11

The Pusuit Of Hippieness Natalia's Avatar
    Length
    L-BSL/CLSC/Mid-T
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by hennaphile View Post
    Oh don't worry it is oral, so so long as you aren't putting it on your scalp I wouldn't fret.

Accutane can cause hairloss, but I thought it wasn't permanent, nor would it permanently alter the structure of the hair

I was lucky, when I was on it it didn't affect my hair.
    Oh thank goodness! Boy does accutane really do that to your follicles? Scary.... Man yeah my acne isnt bad enough for oral meds nor would i really care to take them. I use it mostly for the milia and hormonal doozies.