Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: how can I delete my account here

Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

Default Re: how can I delete my account here

Quote Originally Posted by Bene View Post
    not really. it only takes about 45 seconds to change someone's username and another 10 seconds to add a usernote for the rest of the staff to know about it. i'm an admin at a site where the rules are more lenient, and we tend to oblige people on these whims. some people will find a picture they love and want to build a whole persona around it, so they change names, avatars, signatures, fonts, the whole nine of course, we think it's funny to have people guessing who's who.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nat242 View Post
    Thanks for the inside scoop! I don't know much (or anything) about message board software. By "time consuming" I was referring more to the mods receiving lots of requests for username changes given the size of LHC, but it was speculation and I could be wrong.
    TLHC is a huge community. It is very time consuming to change usernames on everybody's whims. Plus, we try to avoid confusion as much as possible
    http://i40.tinypic.com/2v9rrcj.jpg
    Maintaining at classic with
    indecisive wavy hair!

Type
    2a/M/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by dorothea-brooke View Post
    I love how this discussion continues long after the OP has disappeared in a cloud of dust!

It's like she rode into town, started us chatting and wondering aloud, and then just left us without a trace....
    Ha ha ha......lovely . Sorry for double post can any of the mods be kind enough to delete the earlier one
    Last edited by Aditi; July 7th, 2009 at 04:48 AM. Reason: double post

"Gorgeous hair is the best revenge"
    Ivana Trump

Length
    BSL/hips/hips
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

I also don't find anything wrong with the 1 account per lifetime rule. Why would anyone need more than 1 account anyway unless one were up to mischief of some kind?

“Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.” Calvin and Hobbes

Length
    shldr/class/dunno
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Amoretti View Post
    I also don't find anything wrong with the 1 account per lifetime rule. Why would anyone need more than 1 account anyway unless one were up to mischief of some kind?
    Agreed... seems a little silly to me!

But for a lot of reasons (stalkers, etc.) it makes sense to want a new account. I had to avoid some people for a while and whenever they found me I would just get a new account with a new email so there weren't any traces.
    Lady Nęssa of the Fair-Feathered Flight in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Account Closed by Member Request

Quote Originally Posted by Amoretti View Post

My sister signed up to this site a while back, and had her account deleted when the mods assumed that she had duplicate accounts. She was thrown off by their immediate suspicion and didn't bother replying to the warning (which was profusely harsh considering she'd never posted or given the benefit of the doubt). We use the same computer, I might add. While I understand the need to avoid confusion and trolls for the purpose of site maintenance, this policy might reject a lot of people. I had just managed to convince her to start posting! Well, you sure proved me right about the friendliness of the LHC there. *snicker*

It's quite absurd when you think about it; many people do in fact share a computer or laptop. An overly strict site is going to reject a lot of non-trolling, well-behaved people. And all in the name of some skewed perception of 'justice'.

Please bear in mind that recurring IP addys or PC specs are no guarantee that trolling is underway - I too have moderated a site and know the pitfalls.

You (general 'you') say it's time consuming - sure is, but giving people a chance is meant to be.

Length
    < apl/calf/floor
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Sisko View Post
    It's quite absurd when you think about it; many people do in fact share a computer or laptop. An overly strict site is going to reject a lot of non-trolling, well-behaved people. And all in the name of some skewed perception of 'justice'.
    Yours is the first complaint about this that I've seen in the almost five years that I've been on this site.
    Lady Eboshi from Princess Mononoke

Length
    21"/39"/44"
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

I'm fairly sure that's only done under exceptional circumstances - like having an e-stalker or something. Otherwise it's too confusing for the community and too time consuming for the mods!
    *sigh*
    Somebody should warn newcomers that LHC is addictive, and they should think up about better usernames than adding up numbers if their name is taken.

Soft hair that is nice to sit on - now I'm bragging!

dreamed she was human... halo_tightens's Avatar
    Type
    2b/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Heidi_234 View Post
    *sigh*
    Somebody should warn newcomers that LHC is addictive, and they should think up about better usernames than adding up numbers if their name is taken.
    Amen to that! The "think up better usernames" part, I mean.

I didn't know any better; I thought this would be another of those sites that I just join and then forget about, so I used my "other" screen name, lol. Now I wish I'd used my real one.

Length
    Pixie/TB/?
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Heidi_234 View Post
    *sigh*
    Yeah, I'm right there with you!

Length
    apl/hip/?
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/ii

Yeah, I'm right there with you!