Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I finally got my hair into a relatively decent bun! *Bonus Prize Inside*

Default I finally got my hair into a relatively decent bun! *Bonus Prize Inside*

Yay! I've always been terrible at trying anything with my hair and everything usually falls apart after a few minutes. It's very difficult to do braids and buns with layers, I've learned. Oh well!

Here's a picture of my bun. Ignore how ridiculously huge I look and the layer trying to make a tail in the middle, haha.

And because I'm in a good mood, here's some pictures of my hair at prom. Yes, it was torture to my hair. The teasing, the hair spray! And with the beading on my halter my hair kept getting caught and I had tangle the size of small book on the back of my neck by the end of the night With all that said, I absolutely LOVED how it looked, and sometimes we have to make sacrifices =)

http://i41.tinypic.com/f1cvh2.jpg
    http://i41.tinypic.com/2vn2vq8.jpg
    http://i44.tinypic.com/xeel9z.jpg
    http://i40.tinypic.com/j9oy03.jpg

Default Re: I finally got my hair into a relatively decent bun! *Bonus Prize Inside*

Well, I think your prom pics are stunning! Very pretty...

And the bun is cute too...

Length
    pixie/hiBSL/CURLY
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii/iii

Default Re: I finally got my hair into a relatively decent bun! *Bonus Prize Inside*

Your prom photos were gorgeous! What a classy look - loved the dress and the hair. And YES - sometimes we have to do what we know isn't good for our hair. I say it's the trend that counts. Thanks for sharing!
    Curls or length???
    Mini-goals as measured on dry hair: lower BSL, waist, back to high BSL!
    My co-washing blog with pics of growing out my pixie: Colorado Curly

~Blonde to the Bone~ Shermie Girl's Avatar
    Length
    Too/Effin/Short
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

Congrats on the bun. It looks cute with the ends sticking out. Very sculptural. Keep practicing, soon you will be making buns like an expert.

Pretty prom pictures. Your hair looked gorgeous. Yes, it looked a bit... styled to the max. But hey, it was a special night. Nothing but fabulous hair would have done. You and your date were a cute couple.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro (I Came, I Saw, I Stuck Around)
    Proud Bottle Blonde!

Thanks everyone! We all had to start somewhere when it came to hair do's, right?

Shermie Girl- He's my best friend, and unfortunately dating a girl who treats him horribly =( Don't get me started on her, I definitely lose my temper, haha. I'm like an overprotective mama bear with him.

Length
    19.5/27BSL/31WL
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Yay on the bun! My hair is not quite APL with layers, so I feel you on the difficulty of getting it up. I was just able to get my hair into little double buns this week.

You looked beautiful for prom! Maybe it's because I'm still fairly new here, or maybe it's because I think all vices can be indulged in in moderation, but I think it's OK do these kinds of styles sometimes. I mean, why grow my hair long if I can't occasionally enjoy doing something fantastic with it?

Type
    2a/M/C/ii

I love messy type of buns so no doubt that i love yours too , and your prom pics were totally stunning i loved your prom dress and updo.

"Gorgeous hair is the best revenge"
    Ivana Trump

Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

The prom pics were stunning! Loved the hair and dress.
    The bun looks nice too.
    (Lady Seirêne of the Unmatched Voice in the Order of the Long Haired Knights)

Who can resist a thread with a "Bonus Prize Inside"? And what a bonus! I adore the prom pictures. I hope you had a lovely time.

Length
    pixie/41''/term?
    Type
    2c/C/iii

My jaw literally dropped when I looked at the first prom picture. GORGEOUS! I guess a little teasing every now and then won't do your hair that much harm, especially when the results are that pretty I think it can definitely be worth it

And congrats on the bun as well!
    http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=14846&dateline=121016  5357 Spot the difference?