Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I just had to say

Talking I just had to say

I love looking at everyones progress pictures. Its just so inspiring and exactly what I need to keep me going when it feels like my hair is just not budging, I know it is and im not planning to even wear my striped shirt till my next update photo, so I can be suprised right along with you, as tempting as it is to check after only 3 weeks I can wait 6 more, when I look at the new pictures posted every day I cant wait to click on and see updates from everyone.. Thanks everyone for sharing and having this same crazy obsession as I do...

Length
    12/18/?
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii/iii

Default Re: I just had to say

I agree with you 100%. I find such inspiration looking at progress pictures.

I just keep plugging along, trying not to become toooooo obsessive about my hair; just taking the best care of it I can, being gentle with it, etc.

I'm hoping one day I look in the mirror and say, "Wow! When did my hair get so long???" LOL

Length
    30ish/47"/70+"
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

I check out the albums for inspiration everyday. Compared to some, my hair is long. But for me, my goal is still so very, very far away.
    Lady Saphira of the Crystal Wings in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

I try not to get too obsessive and with the summer, the kids, & the heat its only that much easier to oil it and put it in a pony and forget all about it...untill I log in to here, lol

Length
    21.5/BSL+/Waist
    Type
    2b/F/ii

I love progress pictures too. It's so fun to see the changes.

Length
    chin/BSL/waist
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

I like seeing progress photos too. My hair's reaching BSL, and by my estimation I should be at waist around 9-12 months from now. It helps to look at photos of waist or longer hair, because I can imagine being there myself.

I love that you use your striped shirt to measure growth! I think there are one or two other folks that do it. Seems like it would be a pretty effective way to measure, especially since I'm lazy and don't like to bother with measuring with a tape measure--I'd rather go by body landmarks.
    Lady Oiolyka of the Tumbling Waves in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    Also known as Zen Oven, or if you know me in real life--Abby or Artemis

Length
    20./27/40
    Type
    1b/M/ii

I am so impatient so I am with you, redneckprincess. I just had to quit measuring, even monthly was too soon. I know I will reach my next goal - waist - somewhere between Christmas and next summer so I am trying to just ignore my hair and growth for the time being but it is hard!! Just wondering, did you ever try the SMT?
    AKA MotoGirl... August 2014 - WAIST! Four years after growing out from bald due to chemo.

No I havent tried it just yet but that will deffinetly be my next hair treatment and since its a new one I will blog it!!!

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    6"/BSL/BSL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Good idea to wear the striped top! I used to measure every month, but then that became SO depressing for me; like watching water, waiting for it to boil. So I gave up and just started doing measurements every 6 months or so. I don't know the last time I got out the tape-measure...it's been well over a year. I'm happier without that dang tapemeasure, I can tell ya that much!

Length
    SL/HIP/CLSC
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

SMT + scalp massages helped my hair grow a lot more quickly

Lady Ardwinna of the Blessed Soil in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!