Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627

Thread: Kimberlily's defrizz spray

Length
    16/38/TBL
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Default Re: Kimberlily's defrizz spray

Thank you for this recipe! I have been trying to find a good, non-coney detangling spray and can't wait to give this one a try. I actually have all of these ingredients on hand so will be making it today!
    CBL/APL/BSL​/MBL/Waist/Hip/TBL

Length
    27.5"/41"/41"
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/iii

I just got some aloe gel in the mail and made up a batch of this today. I used a safflower and sunflower oil based body oil in place of the jojoba, simply because I am obsessed with the scent. It came out a lot thicker than I thought it would, but still went through my spray bottle pump just fine. I have my hair in a loose damp bun now, so we’ll see how it feels when it’s dry! Fun to try new things.
    At my goal length of Classic after 2.5 years here at the LHC.
    (still growing though lol)

Length
    pixie/BSL/waist
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

just finished my first bottle of this and i loved it! great for refreshing my hair in-between washes. i followed the recipe to the dot, however i think for my second bottle i may eliminate the vegetable glycerin, as i simply don't like the texture of my vegetable glycerin even on it's own, and suspect i may like the spray better without it. thanks kimberlily!

forever waffling between conventional and herbal haircare
    dying roots black with Wella Semi-permanent dye, very occasional heat styling
    currently BSL / 1st goal waist / 1C/m/ii / forever fighting frizz

Mediocre Clarinet Player ExpectoPatronum's Avatar
    Length
    APL/WST/CLSC
    Type
    2c/M/ii/iii

I just made some following the recipe exactly, but I omitted the vegetable glycerin as I have none. I just sprayed it into my hair and I am waiting for it to dry. I'd like to use this in place of a leave-in and styler to simplify my routine. Depending on how this goes, I may or may not purchase glycerin.

Starting from scratch
    7/4/2019
    Curly: SHDR.APL.BSL.MBL.WST.HIP.TB.CLSC
    Stretched: APL.BSL.MBL.WST.HIP.TB.CLSC
    Lady Andromeda, Keeper of Feathered Fauna, in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    APL/Hip/FTL

I have really liked this spray the last few weeks I’ve been using it, but I’m also worrying about the glycerin as it gets into winter here... we’ve already had several nights of frost and the heater has been on and I think this is the time of year when the strong humectants stop working magic...

Length
    17/37/32
    Type
    1a/M/i/ii

If you're in a hot climate it won't last very long, maybe a month but if you're living in a more normal climate it lasts about 2 months. I like using it up before then though. I spray it underneath as well and soak my hair in it but then my hair is damaged. If your hair isn't very damaged then you won't need as much. I think more people know more but that's how long it lasts for me. I also add a vitamin e capsule. I cut it open and put into spray and shake well before each use. Vitamin e is a natural preservative.

Mediocre Clarinet Player ExpectoPatronum's Avatar
    Length
    APL/WST/CLSC
    Type
    2c/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by ExpectoPatronum View Post
    I just made some following the recipe exactly, but I omitted the vegetable glycerin as I have none. I just sprayed it into my hair and I am waiting for it to dry. I'd like to use this in place of a leave-in and styler to simplify my routine. Depending on how this goes, I may or may not purchase glycerin.
    Ended up buying glycerin and adjusting the recipe...I can't get it to work for me. Bummer

Starting from scratch
    7/4/2019
    Curly: SHDR.APL.BSL.MBL.WST.HIP.TB.CLSC
    Stretched: APL.BSL.MBL.WST.HIP.TB.CLSC
    Lady Andromeda, Keeper of Feathered Fauna, in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    29"/35/40"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by ExpectoPatronum View Post
    Ended up buying glycerin and adjusting the recipe...I can't get it to work for me. Bummer
    That's too bad. Maybe try diluting the water/other ingredients ratio. I use a very diluted spray for my hair and it works.
    Lady Meikyo of the Cerise Blade