Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Kimberlily's defrizz spray

Length
    nape/waist/waist
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by physicschick View Post
    However, is it possibly 1 tsp jojoba rather than 1 tbsp? 1 tbsp seems rather high, but I have the recipe backed up on my other computer and won't be able to access it until the weekend.
    You might be right. I didn't back up the recipe and I always have to look it up when I make it, so with the old LHC down I can't remember the exact ratio If you could look it up on the weekend and post here, I'd appreciate it

Length
    24/26/Hips
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by kimberlily View Post
    I find that if I use aloe juice instead of the gel (I like Fruit of the Earth) it smells off after a few days. I keep it in the fridge if the weather is warm (and it makes a lovely moisturizing summer refresher if you spritz it on your skin after coming in out of the sun!)

ETA: I also use it to detangle my daughter's hair, and for damp bunning. I go through it pretty fast
    I use Fruit of the Earth 100% Gel Aloe Vera. Even though the bottle says "Pure. No Color Added." This gel has both stabilizers and preservatives in it.

Know, I need to find jojoba oil, to make this defrizz spray.

Length
    24/26/Hips
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Opps Now. Sorry

Length
    >BSL/waist/TB
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii/iii

I gotta chime in and say how good this spray is . I haven't used it in a while but it really works wonders on my hair when it's dry, dull, frizzy.

I use just water, aloe vera and coconut oil (instead of jojoba, cause my hair seems to like coconut better than jojoba).

Quote Originally Posted by MeMyselfandI View Post
    I use Fruit of the Earth 100% Gel Aloe Vera. Even though the bottle says "Pure. No Color Added." This gel has both stabilizers and preservatives in it.

Know, I need to find jojoba oil, to make this defrizz spray.
    My aloe gel (from a "natural" brand) also has preservatives and stuff, I think. But it works just fine
    Where o where is my black & white Lotus... have I sold it? Have I lost it? I honestly can't remember!!

Length
    26/32.5/term
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii/iii

I love this recipe! Thanks for posting it again Kimberly. I use it all the time it's the best.
    "Lady Atlanta" keeper of the boundless winds in the order of the Long Hair Knights.

Can I use this on my afro?

Type
    3a/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Ms Kitty View Post
    Can I use this on my afro?
    Hi Ms Kitty, I think that this would work for any hair type that just likes moisture and needs taming. If you can get away with spraying just water on and it responds nicely, then you'll likely get a good result with this too. The aloe can be drying to some people or the oil may not agree with your hairtype, but experimenting should help you figure that out.

Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by jessie58 View Post
    Hi Ms Kitty, I think that this would work for any hair type that just likes moisture and needs taming. If you can get away with spraying just water on and it responds nicely, then you'll likely get a good result with this too. The aloe can be drying to some people or the oil may not agree with your hairtype, but experimenting should help you figure that out.
    Also, if your hair likes oils, it will like this. I couldn't mist with plain water because it gives me frizz, but the aloe and oil cause this to have the opposite effect for me. It makes my hair actually comb-able.

Community Guidelines
    ~ Contact a Mod
    "Back off, man. I'm a scientist." ~ Ghostbusters

Type
    3a/M/C/iii

Yes I think this is why it works for me, the combinations are just right for smoothing my hair and bringing up the curl.

Length
    24/26/Hips
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

I used 1 teaspoon jojoba oil.

The aloe vera gel was just over 1 tablespoon and 2 tsp glycerin. I added distilled water to make 4 oz total liquid.

I could not get the yellow jojoba oil dispersed into the solution.

How do I get the oil to mix into the water solution?