Page 1 of 168 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Nicest hair compliments you've gotten?

Length
    16"/21"/Thigh
    Type
    1c/M/iii

Default Nicest hair compliments you've gotten?

I just finished reading the "dumbest hair comments" thread, and while I had a good laugh, I couldn't help but think that most of us have probably received positive comments about our hair as well.

Mine is: I was with a coworker of mine (she has fine short styled reddish hair) was giving me a drive about to show me the community. She pointed out the shop of the hairdresser she goes to and says "That's where I go to get my hair cut, she's a genius! But, of course you don't cut your hair, and why would you? I wouldn't cut my hair either if I had hair like yours!" I thought that a great compliment, considering my hair is only APL, and I hadn't told her about my plans to grow my hair out. She then went on to tell me that when she's old she would love to have a long gray braid. A long hair at heart!

Please share yours!

Length
    14/26.5/Hip +
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

Default Re: Nicest hair compliments you've gotten?

My Mom gives me the most compliments, and usually says that my styles (like the french twist I wear with forks, or buns with cool sticks) are very becoming to me. She also admires my flexis and ficcares. Thanks Mom!

My husband compliments the length and health, and my determination. I think that's sweet!
    Last edited by Misha; June 16th, 2009 at 08:17 AM.

Length
    30/30/32+
    Type
    2c/M/ii

The ones I've received on LHC!

Type
    1a/F/i

I spent some time in my kiddo's classroom for the end of schoolyear festivities and three of her classmates ran up to me and said they wished their moms did such cool things with their hair. It made me grin from ear to ear.

My daughter gets a lot of compliments on her color, mostly from little old ladies who say they wish their stylist could recreate it!

I was out the other day, had to run to the place I hate the most - Walmart - and as I walked in, a woman with BSL ran over to me and exclaimed, "Now, that's what I'm going for!", referring to my length.

I stopped and chatted briefly with her, told her it looks like she's headed in the right direction.

There are not a lot of long hairs up here where I live and I seem to get a lot of excited, shocked reactions when I wear my hair down. It can be very embarrassing because I do not take compliments or attention very well!

Type
    2a/M/iii

Today someone complimented my curls. She thought they looked like prinsess curls. That made my day
    Waiting for waist

Length
    TBL/FTL+/TRMNL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

My 3 yr old daughter tells people I have Rapunzel hair. I count that as a compliment, because I love that my daughter admires me.

Most people IRL really don't seem to know what to say about my hair. It's pretty unusual to have hair longer than midback here, so usually people just state the obvious ("Your hair is really long!") and I have to assume they mean it as a compliment, if it's not followed by "You should donate it!"
    Current Length: 47" (Fingertip length), 2b/2c, ii, F/M
    Longest ever achieved: 55.5" (Upper Calf Length)

Lady Deipneus of the Gifted Hands in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights

Length
    shldr/class/dunno
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

I was talking to a manager at my callcenter and had my hair down that day... one of the girls I work with but didn't know walked by, paused, and said "You have the most *beautiful* hair I have ever seen." I thanked her and felt pleased silly, because I don't get hair compliments a lot - there's a lot of long hair in my call center, of far more cooperative hairtypes than mine!
    Lady Nêssa of the Fair-Feathered Flight in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    BSL/BSL/Waist
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

About ten years ago, I was on a train and my hair was coming loose, so I took it down, finger-combed it then put it back up. When I had got off the train, about half an hour later, a man came up to me and said he had watched me on the train, and how lovely he thought my hair was, before walking away.

The comment in itself was nothing particular, but it sticks in my mind that he remembered it for such a time before he had the chance to tell me.

Length
    38 in/45 in/knees
    Type
    1c/M/ii

I went swimming with my son and some of the kids in the apartments where I lived, and they said that I look like a mermaid with my long hair. I loved that!!!