Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Torrin Paige ~ Thanks for the crown braid!

Length
    bsl/waist/??
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii/iii

Default Torrin Paige ~ Thanks for the crown braid!

I don't have a youtube account, so I don't get to thank you for the videos on there. I saw your crown braid video, which I absolutely don't think there are enough good tutorials for. Your dedication to learning the style and spreading the knowledge was just awesome, and your braid was so amazingly thick and pretty.

You're such a brave lady for putting it all out there like that.

So here's a thanks for all that you do!

: : :

BTW, you're also enabling with that tutorial of how to make fancy hair pins. Ever since then I've wanted to make some so much, but I'm moving soon and can't justify adding to the things that have to be put in boxes and moved.

Finding Best Hair Length! LadyLongLocks's Avatar
    Length
    36"/75"/Long!
    Type
    1a/1b/M/iii

Default Re: Torrin Paige ~ Thanks for the crown braid!

Torrin, Your Crown Braid tutorial was really nice. You really put a lot of effort in to making it. It came out really pretty!

Length
    short/short/long
    Type
    3b/F/M/ii

XDDDD

I really like the 'more easier' banner. xDDD Seems like something I'd do.

Edit: It's REALLY pretty. I just finished watching the video.
    Last edited by GlassEyes; June 10th, 2009 at 10:29 AM.
    (Lord Caswallawn of the Crushing Blow in the Order of Longhaired Knights)

Length
    11/47/60
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

I'm famous! LOL. I never thought I'd see a thread with my name in it on the front page. So weird but very cool. You are welcome! After having accomplished the crown braid, I now realize that APL to BSL are really the ideal lengths for this particular hairstyle, but I was bound and determined to do one as there were simply no video tutorials to be had on You Tube...none for doing it on oneself, anyway. GoddesJourney was a huge help to me and she went through the process with me so that we could finally figure out the best technique for achieving good results. The Dutch Lace was the only way I could make it look good on myself, but as she doesn't have quite as much hair as I do, her straight up French crown is looking really good. It was awesome having someone tackling it with me and it made me determined to get it right.

As upset as the crown braid made me at times, I'm really glad I finished it. Had I given up I'd have gotten down on myself and I do that enough as it is. I've already gotten a influx of pictures of girls showing me their results (which are awesome even on the first try! Go me!) and that has made it so worth it. It has also made me happy about my tutorials again (I have five ideas in my head for new ones) and gave me a boost when I needed one.

So, wackyredtangles, you are very welcome and I am so happy to have been helpful. That has always been my goal. And Lady Long Locks, I'm glad you liked it as well. As my very first You Tube friend you are also my best support system (and still my greatest inspiration!).

Length
    20/27/26
    Type
    2b/F/M/ii

You got a crown braid?! (And on camera!) Thank you, and congratulations!
    Last edited by Furiana; June 10th, 2009 at 10:28 AM.

Messy Bun Article
    2b F/M ii: Wavy hair that's on the fine side of medium

Length
    11/47/60
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by GlassEyes View Post
    XDDDD

I really like the 'more easier' banner. xDDD Seems like something I'd do.
    LOL. My hubby laughed at that as well. He said I can't help the way I talk, as I am a born and raised hillbilly (which is true, but still). I try very hard to use correct grammar, but sometimes my mouth runs faster than my brain and it isn't until later that everything catches up. I just felt the need to clarify. and if I can do it in a fun way, why not?

Length
    8"/30"/Term
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Torrin Paige - Your tutorials are amazing! Thanks for all of the time and effort you put into them! They have helped me learn many styles I would never have even attempted otherwise! Now off to learn to crown braid!!!

Mary <><
    Matthew 5:14-16

Persistent Procrastinator teela1978's Avatar
    Length
    19/34/36
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

That was one of the more enjoyable hair tutorials I've watched. Every crown braid attempt I've tried made me just about as frustrated as Torrin was

ETA: and it turned out beautiful!

Length
    short/short/long
    Type
    3b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Torrin Paige View Post
    LOL. My hubby laughed at that as well. He said I can't help the way I talk, as I am a born and raised hillbilly (which is true, but still). I try very hard to use correct grammar, but sometimes my mouth runs faster than my brain and it isn't until later that everything catches up. I just felt the need to clarify. and if I can do it in a fun way, why not?
    Haha.

I'm a current English major, and I write very well...speaking, on the other hand.... XD

Also, I edited that post after finishing the video. It looks like a perfect crown braid to me. Very pretty.
    (Lord Caswallawn of the Crushing Blow in the Order of Longhaired Knights)

Length
    chin/30.5/44+?
    Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Torrin Paige View Post
    I've noticed the occasional double model, which I think is cute.

Double models, reckon, figure and crick are the hick childhood uses that have stuck with me most.
    Some people have a way with words. Others, oh. . . no. . . have. . . way. --Steve Martin