Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Teenage girl looks like alien after hair dye causes severe allergic reaction

Length
    Short/BSL/??
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by k_hepburn View Post
    You're right. I just checked the packet of dye I happen to have sitting in my bathroom for my next touch-up, and it does in fact read "Test patch for allergic reactions 48 hours before every use..." (translated from German, emphasis added)
    I tend to remember that when I first started using home colourings (about four years ago) the text only advised to patch test before you used a colour you hadn't used previously, but I may have gotten that wrong (or else they have changed their advise since then). Anyway, you are obviously correct as to what is the current advise - which still leaves me to wonder what percentage of their costumers they actually expect to be following their advice.

Greetings

katharine
    I think they mostly put the warning there because they have to but if you have a reaction to the dye and HAVEN'T followed the exact instructions provided with the dye then it's one of those "It's your own damn fault" things. But if the company didn't tell you you're meant to they'd get sued for negligence.
    Pegs

Length
    Hip/Neck/???
    Type
    2c/F/ii/iii

Yeah, especially for a company like L'oreal's products which seems to be pretty notorious for just constantly reformulating everything.

Length
    Buzz/hip/class
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

poor little girl, how awful. Ive read about this before and also people think it wont happen to them as they have been using the same dye for years, it can happen all a sudden after years of use.

The title could have been thought about a bit more, that was darn insensitive
    Buzz October 2015 to get rid of bendigo and lots of other damage, now Al natural and loving it....where will my journey end? I will tell you when I get there. Lifelong Co washer and LOC method currentl approaching curly hip