Page 513 of 541 FirstFirst ... 13413463503511512513514515523 ... LastLast
Results 5,121 to 5,130 of 5407

Thread: Dumbest hair comments you've received?

Default Re: Dumbest hair comments you've received?

I just remembered one from years ago. I don't know that this was a "dumb" hair comment per se... just weird in that it didn't come across well, lol.

I wear my hair in one or two braids about 98% of the time... so I get that people aren't very used to seeing me do it different ways. But still.

Once in a blue moon, I'll wear my hair in a high ponytail, just whenever the mood strikes me. One time, I was "in the mood" for 2-3 days in a row. My boss noted this and decided to tease me (giving each other a hard time is the culture where I work and in that line of business), and he said something like, "Oh, I see you've worn your hair like that for a couple days now. Guess there's someone special you're looking to impress, eh?" with a "wink wink nudge nudge" sort of tone.

I was mortified. I only did it just because I felt like it one day, and liked it, so I did it the next day too, and... yeah. That might not have been a big deal, and I would've just laughed it off with a joke, except... we were at work. So it implied I had a thing for a coworker (most of my coworkers were male). On top of that, all of my male coworkers were married, so it implied I was trying to attract a married man. OMG. (Also, the way I felt about those guys was sort of like they were like family, so... ew. It would've been like having someone make that comment to me at a family reunion.)

I mean, I'm certain those weren't the implications he meant to make; he just wasn't thinking-- I'm not sure he probably even realized later what it sounded like. I wouldn't have thought anything of it if we were at a bar or other outside-of-work event where there were guys around besides my coworkers; I would've just laughed at him. But in that context... ew.

Needless to say, I did not wear my hair in a ponytail the next day (I hadn't planned to anyway; I was ready to go back to my low-maintenance style, but it probably looked to him like I'd stopped doing it because of his comment).

(OTOH, I will take it to mean he thought it looked nice, if he was saying I must have chosen it to look good, rather than just that he was noting I was doing something different...)
    Putting it in my signature because I have to say it so often:
    Do what works for your hair, not what other people say is "right" or "wrong." If it works for you, it's not wrong. If it doesn't work for you, it's not right.

Length
    Buzz/BUZZ/CBL

Not length related but dye related I had one person ask me what my mother thinks of my hair...(,when it was dyed crazy colors) I look young for my age as well but honestly my mother has no say on how I use the hair on my head.

Another person asked me if I had split dyed hair because I couldn't decide what Color to be. I believe they were trying to be funny but it's not z

I don't know if this counts as a hair comment per se but I was watching a Youtube video about a woman with 72 inch hair and her children who also had long hair and one person commented something along the lines of "Imagine your hair being your only personality trait." It was a video ABOUT HER HAIR, did they expect her to talk about her favourite Netflix orignials? -.-

Length
    SL/Knee+/Knee+
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

I’ve been asked a lot if I have ever cut it.
    Hello

Length
    Buzz/BUZZ/CBL

Quote Originally Posted by AmeerahKhanNot View Post
    I don't know if this counts as a hair comment per se but I was watching a Youtube video about a woman with 72 inch hair and her children who also had long hair and one person commented something along the lines of "Imagine your hair being your only personality trait." It was a video ABOUT HER HAIR, did they expect her to talk about her favourite Netflix orignials? -.-
    Seems like a jealousy comment to me

Length
    APL/WL/HL
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    I just remembered one from years ago. I don't know that this was a "dumb" hair comment per se... just weird in that it didn't come across well, lol.

I wear my hair in one or two braids about 98% of the time... so I get that people aren't very used to seeing me do it different ways. But still.

Once in a blue moon, I'll wear my hair in a high ponytail, just whenever the mood strikes me. One time, I was "in the mood" for 2-3 days in a row. My boss noted this and decided to tease me (giving each other a hard time is the culture where I work and in that line of business), and he said something like, "Oh, I see you've worn your hair like that for a couple days now. Guess there's someone special you're looking to impress, eh?" with a "wink wink nudge nudge" sort of tone.

I was mortified. I only did it just because I felt like it one day, and liked it, so I did it the next day too, and... yeah. That might not have been a big deal, and I would've just laughed it off with a joke, except... we were at work. So it implied I had a thing for a coworker (most of my coworkers were male). On top of that, all of my male coworkers were married, so it implied I was trying to attract a married man. OMG. (Also, the way I felt about those guys was sort of like they were like family, so... ew. It would've been like having someone make that comment to me at a family reunion.)

I mean, I'm certain those weren't the implications he meant to make; he just wasn't thinking-- I'm not sure he probably even realized later what it sounded like. I wouldn't have thought anything of it if we were at a bar or other outside-of-work event where there were guys around besides my coworkers; I would've just laughed at him. But in that context... ew.

Needless to say, I did not wear my hair in a ponytail the next day (I hadn't planned to anyway; I was ready to go back to my low-maintenance style, but it probably looked to him like I'd stopped doing it because of his comment).

(OTOH, I will take it to mean he thought it looked nice, if he was saying I must have chosen it to look good, rather than just that he was noting I was doing something different...)
    The guy sounds like a weirdo, I would have felt uncomfortable too. He might have not realized what it sounded like, but who says something like that without thinking....some people just don't think. And I don't understand why he thought a ponytail was supposed to impress someone? lol. Very odd implication

Quote Originally Posted by JasminxCat View Post
    The guy sounds like a weirdo, I would have felt uncomfortable too. He might have not realized what it sounded like, but who says something like that without thinking....some people just don't think. And I don't understand why he thought a ponytail was supposed to impress someone? lol. Very odd implication
    Nah, he wasn't a weirdo, was just yanking my chain for fun. It could even be that he had in mind that he thought I was going somewhere after work where there was someone I was into, who knows. I know plenty of men who say things without thinking...

I just think either he thought the ponytail looked cute, hence why I wore it, or simply noted that I was doing my hair differently, and more than one day in a row (which is not usual for me), and figured there was a special reason for it.
    Do what works for your hair, not what other people say is "right" or "wrong." If it works for you, it's not wrong. If it doesn't work for you, it's not right.

Length
    CBL/HL/HL
    Type
    2b/M/iii

People now think I've become pentecostal... "Glory to Jesus, Sister! Good morning!" every time i go out now... l'm dying here LOL
    Collarbone (12.08.21) | Armpit (16.10.21) | Midback (14.10.22) | Waist (06.02.23) | Hip (23.03.24) | Belly Button

Length
    HL/TBL+/TBL+
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

I remember someone once complimenting my length and asking me how often I washed it. I told them daily and they said "oh you shouldn't do that, you can't grow hair long if you wash every day!" I sort of shrugged and picked up my length and said "and yet...?"
    ▪daily washing▪monthly trimming▪top-down detangling▪sulfate shampoo down to the ends▪coney conditioner up to the roots▪henna and hibiscus▪worn down and loose on the regular▪

Quote Originally Posted by school of fish View Post
    I remember someone once complimenting my length and asking me how often I washed it. I told them daily and they said "oh you shouldn't do that, you can't grow hair long if you wash every day!" I sort of shrugged and picked up my length and said "and yet...?"
    LOL! What did they say to that?