Page 525 of 541 FirstFirst ... 25425475515523524525526527535 ... LastLast
Results 5,241 to 5,250 of 5407

Thread: Dumbest hair comments you've received?

The journey continues Eastbound&Down's Avatar
    Length
    Chin/WL/Hip+
    Type
    2c/F/M/iii

Default Re: Dumbest hair comments you've received?

Quote Originally Posted by Handel'sWig View Post
    I wore a braided cinnamon bun the other day and this girl said my hairstyle made me look like an Amish woman.

(a) I’m wearing skinny jeans what the hell

(b) So what? Amish women have beautiful hairstyles, and even though I’m non-religious I literally don’t care if I look similar to someone from a certain religion. My religious beliefs or lack therof are none of anyone’s business.
    I would have just said thank you for the compliment!

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Instagram comment. Entertaining and weird? So I chose this thread for it.

And yeah, my new title that you should all use is "Ultimate Rapunzel Queen of Angels"! I also told my SO that he should now call me that

Be nice or the beast will scream

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    18"/33"/45"
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by TatsuOni View Post

And yeah, my new title that you should all use is "Ultimate Rapunzel Queen of Angels"! I also told my SO that he should now call me that
    I'm always torn when I see strange, but nice (?) comments on social media. My first reaction is to be creeped out, but I have to force myself to see them as kindness. I don't have social media anymore so I totally forgot about those kinds of comments haha. Ultimate Rapunzel Queen of Angels, I like it, your highness
    Thinking Long Hair Thoughts

The journey continues Eastbound&Down's Avatar
    Length
    Chin/WL/Hip+
    Type
    2c/F/M/iii

Could be an Order of the Long Haired Knights title if you didn't already have one.

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by ArtOfNoot View Post
    I'm always torn when I see strange, but nice (?) comments on social media. My first reaction is to be creeped out, but I have to force myself to see them as kindness. I don't have social media anymore so I totally forgot about those kinds of comments haha. Ultimate Rapunzel Queen of Angels, I like it, your highness
    Quote Originally Posted by Eastbound&Down View Post
    Could be an Order of the Long Haired Knights title if you didn't already have one.
    I get lots of comments like these and while they might sound nice, it's very creepy men who usually leaves them. So I just find them entertaining and remove them

That title would be cheesy enough for LHC

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    BSL/Hip/TBL+
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii/iii

I get lots of comments like these and while they might sound nice, it's very creepy men who usually leaves them. So I just find them entertaining and remove them

That title would be cheesy enough for LHC
    Yeah, I feel like a simple “your hair is beautiful and so are you!” Or something is a nice compliment, but excessive flattery is most often a creepy guy. It really is sad how often women are targeted/harassed.

That said, I would totally own the title. 😆

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Handel'sWig View Post
    Yeah, I feel like a simple “your hair is beautiful and so are you!” Or something is a nice compliment, but excessive flattery is most often a creepy guy. It really is sad how often women are targeted/harassed.

That said, I would totally own the title. ��
    Who doesn't want a long title to go by!?

Length
    10/23+/fun

Just another side of the coin to think of. From the Male point of view, especially from one of 'you'(i.e. growing my own long hair)... sometimes it is hard to give a 'completely innocent' compliment, when all you want to do is acknowledge a nice head of hair and have no further agenda.

I was 'taught' by Lady Godiva, about trying to be neutral, non-objective, non-threatening, but yet complimentary in as objective way as possible. However, the lesser element of the male race has often been there before, which makes the vast majority of females suspect of any comment about a physical trait of their body. Many a supposed neutral, non-come-on compliment is received with a very suspicious, though still acknowledged(to a degree) response.

It is what it is. And, a likely result of other unwanted advances/compliments about other body parts that makes it difficult at best. When that happens, the best response is usually just a nod of the head, and then amble off as non-threatening as possible. However, it almost always make me feel sad about previous encounters that have made the recipient suspicious. very sad...as it is soo unnecessary, but likely caused by one of my gender that is not so conscientious.

O.R.
    (however, one 'beautiful' encounter where the compliment is taken in the same sense it was given, seems to make both of us feel good about making the effort to hopefully make someone appreciate the comment, or more importantly what they feel about themselves)
    Profile pic from a couple years ago(ahem)...

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by oldrocker View Post
    Just another side of the coin to think of. From the Male point of view, especially from one of 'you'(i.e. growing my own long hair)... sometimes it is hard to give a 'completely innocent' compliment, when all you want to do is acknowledge a nice head of hair and have no further agenda.

I was 'taught' by Lady Godiva, about trying to be neutral, non-objective, non-threatening, but yet complimentary in as objective way as possible. However, the lesser element of the male race has often been there before, which makes the vast majority of females suspect of any comment about a physical trait of their body. Many a supposed neutral, non-come-on compliment is received with a very suspicious, though still acknowledged(to a degree) response.

It is what it is. And, a likely result of other unwanted advances/compliments about other body parts that makes it difficult at best. When that happens, the best response is usually just a nod of the head, and then amble off as non-threatening as possible. However, it almost always make me feel sad about previous encounters that have made the recipient suspicious. very sad...as it is soo unnecessary, but likely caused by one of my gender that is not so conscientious.

O.R.
    (however, one 'beautiful' encounter where the compliment is taken in the same sense it was given, seems to make both of us feel good about making the effort to hopefully make someone appreciate the comment, or more importantly what they feel about themselves)
    There are some accounts on Insta that always leaves the exact same type of comments. I didn't block them all from the start. Let's say that I left 20 of these comments untouched. In all of these cases I very soon started getting really "not okay" comments and messages. All of thse accounts have some things in common. One is that they follow 1000-3000 "hair accounts". Some like mine and others clearly there for the men. The description on these mens accounts are often clear about their intentions, but not always. There's one more similarity, that I am not going to post here.

And just because I ended up blocking 20 accounts, doesn't even mean that I blocked 20 people. You learn to recognise the way they write/their typos and so on. Because they create mutiple accounts so that they can start over, once too many of us has blocked them. And talking to other long hairs, they recognise these accounts and many have blocked them again and again.

So whenever I get a similar comment now. I go to their profile and look for "the warning signs". They're always there and I block the account, to save me the energy of having to do it later, or having to remove 10 creepy comments left all at once later.

I do get to chose who I allow to follow me anyway. Because I want a nice space for me, but I also want to show my younger followers, that you don't always have to say thank you. That you're allowed to remove comments and block people.

With that said, I do have some male followers who are very nice. They may or may not grow their own hair, but they never "cross a line" with their comments and messages. They can even leave a comment calling me beautiful without "going over the top" or ending up writing something not pg 13. And they accept that I do not want to date them or whatever.

Some other people likes a certain type of attention from these men. Nothing wrong with that, but it's not for me. And when someone creates another account instead of accepting that I've blocked them... Not saying that it's the case this time, but it has happened way to many times. It's just shitty!
    Last edited by TatsuOni; March 12th, 2021 at 12:32 AM.

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

I don't mean to come on harsh O.R. I just want people to know the "story behind" it all. It was meant to be a post abount a funny title, but because of the discussion about it being well meant or not, I just wanted to share my experience with it. And explain why I chose this thread for it, after thinking about some other threads.