Page 523 of 537 FirstFirst ... 23423473513521522523524525533 ... LastLast
Results 5,221 to 5,230 of 5362

Thread: Dumbest hair comments you've received?

Length
    CBL/WL+/TBL
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Default Re: Dumbest hair comments you've received?

I wore a braid to my job at a bar/restaurant. I always wear a bun so my length is not seen by coworkers unless I go in on my days off, which hasn't happened in a year for the obvious reason. Comments included calling me "Rapunzel", "Pocahontas", and asking not IF, but WHEN I'm donating it. I would like to maintain a working relationship with these people so I just said "uhh thanks" and internally rolled my eyes. For the donation question, I told them I want to reach 100" first to get them off my back. I have no problem telling off a stranger if they gave unsolicited hair advice, but a bartender has cancer and I didn't want to come off as heartless. Also, I didn't want to rant about the shady practices of those companies.

Later on, I was taking an order on the phone when the dishwasher came up behind clueless me and grabbed my braid with his wet hands. There were customers inside and it took everything I had not to shout. The moisture was seeping through my shirt.

Reading through this thread I see unwanted hair touching is more common than I thought. Gross. And what is someone's intention when threatening to cut your hair off? That is extremely creepy. It's not even a joke and would just make me feel frightened and bitter towards them.

Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Laurel Rose View Post
    I wore a braid to my job at a bar/restaurant. I always wear a bun so my length is not seen by coworkers unless I go in on my days off, which hasn't happened in a year for the obvious reason. Comments included calling me "Rapunzel", "Pocahontas", and asking not IF, but WHEN I'm donating it. I would like to maintain a working relationship with these people so I just said "uhh thanks" and internally rolled my eyes. For the donation question, I told them I want to reach 100" first to get them off my back. I have no problem telling off a stranger if they gave unsolicited hair advice, but a bartender has cancer and I didn't want to come off as heartless. Also, I didn't want to rant about the shady practices of those companies.

Later on, I was taking an order on the phone when the dishwasher came up behind clueless me and grabbed my braid with his wet hands. There were customers inside and it took everything I had not to shout. The moisture was seeping through my shirt.

Reading through this thread I see unwanted hair touching is more common than I thought. Gross. And what is someone's intention when threatening to cut your hair off? That is extremely creepy. It's not even a joke and would just make me feel frightened and bitter towards them.
    Not to exaggerate, but this would bring out the violence in me real fast.
    ☼ ☽ CL - SL - Collarbone - APL - BSL - WL ☾ ☼ ​
    https://64.media.tumblr.com/b76820fe04c7a7abe7460af10e2e58f3/234c604de5aacec4-fe/s2048x3072/889011b4db3765321357dcdf1fe6cb7704e778ff.png

Length
    CBL/WL/TBD
    Type
    1b/M/ii

That makes me so angry! Also people need to stop thinking that not donating hair makes them selfish. I used to regularly donate my hair just as a way to get a free haircut and do some good, but I donít feel itís every long hairís civic duty to cut their hair!
    Also to the people who think long hairs should donate their locks,,, why donít you donate your hair? Why donít you grow it out and donate it since itís so important?

The journey continues Eastbound&Down's Avatar
    Length
    Chin/SL/Hip
    Type
    2c/F/M/iii

I'm so sorry that you work in an environment with such inconsiderate coworkers. The dishwasher touching you with nasty, wet hands though... I would have lost it. Like I would have made sure I shot daggers at them while putting my hair up and told them not to touch me again.

Lacemaking longhair MusicalSpoons's Avatar
    Length
    ~Tbl?/Calf/Calf+
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by ArtOfNoot View Post
    That makes me so angry! Also people need to stop thinking that not donating hair makes them selfish. I used to regularly donate my hair just as a way to get a free haircut and do some good, but I don’t feel it’s every long hair’s civic duty to cut their hair!
    Also to the people who think long hairs should donate their locks,,, why don’t you donate your hair? Why don’t you grow it out and donate it since it’s so important?
    Mm-hm, exactly! Some people really don't think before they speak.
    Length goal well and truly met, now just seeing how it grows ...
    Picky scalp but easygoing hair, thank goodness

Length
    APL+/TBL/FTL
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Death-Within-Me View Post
    Not to exaggerate, but this would bring out the violence in me real fast.
    It's technically assault. The last time a coworker did that to me she gave me whiplash. It wasn't intentional to hurt me--she was playing around--so I asked that she not be reprimanded to harshly. She didn't work there anymore after that. I've no idea if she quit or was fired.

Length
    short/hip/term
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

Coworker: I don't see the point in growing your hair long if you're going to wear it up all the time.
    Me: [dead silence]
    Coworker: Unless that is the point.

Lady Neoma, Defender of Creatures Great and Small

Length
    18/22/25
    Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

Smile Re: Dumbest hair comments you've received?

Quote Originally Posted by Neoma View Post
    Coworker: I don't see the point in growing your hair long if you're going to wear it up all the time.
    Best answer, ever, Neoma.

~ Lady Bendis of the Silverlight Strands in the Order of the Longhaired Knights ~

Length
    short/hip/term
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by luluj View Post
    Best answer, ever, Neoma.
    Thank you, luluj!

Lady Neoma, Defender of Creatures Great and Small

Length
    CL/BSL/TBL
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Neoma View Post
    This happened to me last week, also with a coworker. But I replied with that I also like to wear it up and can't do the hairstyles I want with short hair. It's like most people think that it is a waste to wear long hair up?