Page 521 of 537 FirstFirst ... 21421471511519520521522523531 ... LastLast
Results 5,201 to 5,210 of 5362

Thread: Dumbest hair comments you've received?

Default Re: Dumbest hair comments you've received?

Quote Originally Posted by truepeacenik View Post
    What I would have replied would have gotten me fired.
    And saying here would get me banned.
    But it has a lot of strong language, questioning their parents marital status, their IQ, and a string of you ageist (Strong language to the power of 10 here).
    I think you're up to something with the IQ thing because she isn't exactly the brightest. I just kept my mouth, both because I didn't want to start a discussion and because my mouth was full of bread. Anyways at 28 I'm not exactly old but seeing so many beautiful pictures here does make me feel sorry older women have to go through that.

Length
    chin/hip/cl
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Lyanna View Post
    ... He was 100% sure that hair grew from the tips
    Lol I remember a few kids being passionate about this! I think it must have come from the idea that if trims stimulate growth or some such nonsense?

I don’t think I would call this dumb, but it has stuck with me - years ago there was a woman about my age who lived downstairs and had this gorgeous straight, thick dark brunette hair with luscious C strands. Every time I would see her, she would touch my hair and sigh and say, “oh, your cotton-candy hair! It’s all I ever wanted” .... which is more proof of human nature always wanting what it doesn’t have.
    artist, lover, general mystic; maker of many things
    current length: hip / current goal: tbl

Length
    chin/hip/cl
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by MusicalSpoons View Post
    This is one thing I'm apprehensive about if hair comes up when we next go on holiday and visit my aunt and Grandma. My aunt has always been a daily washer, and even though I will make sure my hair is clean and presentable when I go out or see them, my usual routine now is, er, very very much less washing. I'm not sure how she might view scalp washes, i.e. not washing the length. Not that it should matter, and there are other more important areas of life on which we disagree too so hair should be the least of my worries, just ... yeah, I'm slightly apprehensive. Hair as a general topic may not even come up at all, but it could well do especially as Mum's ended up growing her hair thanks to lockdown, and Grandma has done in the past and most likely has now too - and it's also intertwined with how I manage long hair despite being disabled through illness, which they both are as well and my aunt will most likely be curious (that's the most benign way of putting it!). Eh, we'll see. I'm not going to *worry*, but I am aware that I may need to prepare how to handle it in advance, just in case.
    Spoons, you’ve already come up with a good couple of plans, but I wonder if you wore your hair in a coronet braid on this trip (with perhaps a tiny dusting of dry shampoo on your roots, not sure if your scalp can take it or not) how much of your roots would even be particularly visible? You’d get multiple wraps and it would look so pretty it may help deflect questions about frequency of washing (which - my goodness, so appallingly rude).
    artist, lover, general mystic; maker of many things
    current length: hip / current goal: tbl

Length
    CL-10/MB-27/MTL
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by baanoo View Post
    Lol I remember a few kids being passionate about this! I think it must have come from the idea that if trims stimulate growth or some such nonsense?

I don’t think I would call this dumb, but it has stuck with me - years ago there was a woman about my age who lived downstairs and had this gorgeous straight, thick dark brunette hair with luscious C strands. Every time I would see her, she would touch my hair and sigh and say, “oh, your cotton-candy hair! It’s all I ever wanted” .... which is more proof of human nature always wanting what it doesn’t have.
    I think so too, I can't recall how many times I've been told as a kid that hair grows faster when trimmed frequently.

Yeah, the grass often seems greener on the other side! It's sometimes hard to fully appreciate our own traits...

"I like your hair when it's shorter (when it's long)/longer (when it's short)."

There's no pleasing everyone. But the whole point of going on this journey is for me. Other people's opinions on my appearance can hurt... but they're not the most important thing to me.

Length
    ?/??/???
    Type
    3b/3c/M/i/ii

"your hair is so poofy"

Type
    2c/M/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Iyashikei View Post
    A coworker of mine today: "The older a woman gets the shorter her hair must be. Long hair for older women just looks unkempt".

So in other words women above 70 must shave their head bald. 🙄
    Long hair on older women makes them look wise and spiritual!

Length
    12/32ish/Thigh
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

"Your hair looks terrible. If you want long hair, get extensions like everyone else."

Courtesy of my mother, who in her defense always rocks a bob.
    Finally at waist! Now for the journey to TBL and beyond.

Length
    3.9/24/30
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Hellebore View Post
    "Your hair looks terrible. If you want long hair, get extensions like everyone else."

Courtesy of my mother, who in her defense always rocks a bob.
    WOW... This is what happens when people lose sight of what is real/natural and fake.
    Don't regret the chop, but now I want to see how long it can get

Student of long hair care squirrrel's Avatar
    Length
    24/40/?
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by CurlySpaceGirl View Post
    "I like your hair when it's shorter (when it's long)/longer (when it's short)."

There's no pleasing everyone. But the whole point of going on this journey is for me. Other people's opinions on my appearance can hurt... but they're not the most important thing to me.
    How rude! I sometimes find I don’t like a particular style, but I would never comment on it! The closest I come is apologising to people who have maybe put their hair up for the first time in a while: I recognise people by how their face looks when framed, or not, by their hair and a change in that can make it difficult for me to recognise them. So I apologise as I probably treat them strangely based upon not recognising them, but that comment is about me, not about them. I usually do fine the next time they wear their hair that way, unless a very long time has passed...