Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who says, "My hair looks gorgeous!" ever morning?

Onward and Upward GoddesJourney's Avatar
    Length
    BSL/TBL!/CL
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/ii/iii

Default Who says, "My hair looks gorgeous!" ever morning?

Seriously, I wonder if the LHC appreciates their own beautiful hair on a regular basis. I cut a good portion of my velcro ends off recently (you all saw the pictures) and I've been using the conditioner, shampoo, rinse, conditioner method lately. I started washing my hair daily again because every other day was giving me scalp issues.

I pulled my hair down out of a braid this morning before getting in the shower, looked in the mirror, and through, "Wow!" Really, I thought this and then I had to touch my hair and brush it and stare at it for a moment. Now, I'm not usually one for vanity, but I have a soft spot for nice hair. I can't help it. The fact that it's on my own head is just an added bonus. It's amazing.

The fact that I have at least six inches until my first goal is irrelevant. Most of my hair is so healthy and beautiful (thanks to all the long hair ideas, guys) that I'm simply stunned by it at times.

How many LHC members really stop and appreciate your own beautiful hair (say it straight, the product of years of patience and care) like we all should?

Sound off...

... because I DO!

For cool tips on life, check out my blog, How to Be Awesome, For Free, a survival guide for surviving in style.

Length
    bsl/waist/??
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii/iii

Default Re: Who says, "My hair looks gorgeous!" ever morning?

I'm big on the tactile feel of my hair. It just feels so luxurious. I hardly ever wear my hair down, but today I did and was wearing a tank top. It was so every time the breeze would come by and would swish my hair on my shoulders, plus the added bonus of the breeze against my skin. It was awesome. =)

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    neck/frtp+/??
    Type
    2b/2c/C/iii

Well I dont say gosh dang its goergous but I do kiss and snuggle my hair everyday. I very much appreciate and cherish my tresses that God has given me. That is why I am a slave to my hair,whatever it wants I give. No matter what!

Length
    baldi/8/36
    Type
    4a/4b/M/C/ii/iii

I play with my hair way too much. I love touching it and swinging it and putting it up in ponytails, letting it fall down, putting it up again. Possibly sad, but true. Very happy to have the hair I have now. YEA!
    Lady Caillech Bheur of the Endless Skies, OLHK
    Avatar is before I cut my hair. It's shorter now.

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    n/a/n/a/n/a
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Me! I take it down out of my sleep braid and brush it every morning and look in the mirror and watch it swish across my back and bottom before I put it in an updo!

Length
    0"/Pixie/???
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii

I say it every afternoon and night. The morning: No way. I always have these weird bushy sections that flare up during the night and I always look like a wounded fox that's been done over with Brillo pad.
    Bald Guru Tries Again 2k15 (journal)
    Shaved
    | Pixie | Ear | Jaw | Chin | Collar | Shoulder | APL

Length
    APL/<BSL/Hip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii/iii

I do! I love my hair, and I try to take care of it- it's one of my favorite features.

It will keep growing and growing and growing....

Long Haired Bible Thumper Debra83's Avatar
    Length
    ear/bsl/HIP
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/i

I'm really enjoying my hair more since joining LHC. I'm into the tactile feel of it, when I've lightly co'd it, and had it in a french braid...when I take it down I'm AMAZED at how soft and smooth it feels. Sometimes I make my ds feel how smooth because I just can't believe it.
    Debra LHBT
    December 25, 2013 - length check -12t/1 cut
    Lady Aedos of the Pureheart Grace in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Length
    Pixie/TBL/Fins
    Type
    2b/M/iii

I only say my hair is great in the morning if I washed it the night before, its combed, and it slept in my night cap so there are no tangles. Then when I pull of my cap in the morning its like a grand unveiling and I am beaming.

Onward and Upward GoddesJourney's Avatar
    Length
    BSL/TBL!/CL
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/ii/iii

It really makes me feel good to know that other people are appreciating their hair the way I do with mine. It seems like a lot of people focus too much on how the length has not reached their goal yet. It's a shame, because this is a forum full of people who have very well cared-for hair. They should bath in self-praise for their glorious hair on a daily basis. We all know how much care and patience it requires. It's a true commitment.

Rock on, LHC!

For cool tips on life, check out my blog, How to Be Awesome, For Free, a survival guide for surviving in style.