View Poll Results: Which state are you in right now?

Voters
188. You may not vote on this poll
  • WA

19 10.11%
  • NT

2 1.06%
  • SA

17 9.04%
  • NSW

50 26.60%
  • QLD

46 24.47%
  • ACT

13 6.91%
  • VIC

36 19.15%
  • TAZ

5 2.66%
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Australians, which state are you from? (take 2)

Length
    Pixie/TB/?
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Australians, which state are you from? (take 2)

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiLiz View Post
    It's not like Tasmania!! We're a separate country! An independent nation!

It's not going to become another state of Australia, Canada will become apart of the USA before that happens, we're doing just fine by ourselves, thank you very much.

You guys just don't understand...

(Seriously though, it won't become apart of Australia, we try to be fiercely independent and even a little bit isolationist. Plus, we don't like your indigenous relations. Or your funny accents. Or the way you call Jandals "thongs". Thongs are underwear.
    LOL! I understand! If a certain old man won another term last November, I was contemplating moving to New Zealand

I'm with you on indigenous relations. We suck.

Teesh, yes, Tasmania is a state of Australia. Australia has many islands and external territories.

Length
    CBL/31.5/TBL
    Type
    1b/1c/F/i

Quote Originally Posted by tiny_teesha View Post
    Sorry ok, i take it back!!! And i don't understand, you are right, I'm only like 20 so i don't really know too much about politics nad i don't care much for geograhy so i'm sorry if i offended you in any way- the fault is all mine!

I've never herd the word Jandals in my life! :O And i love your accent, i dn't like mine ...

I'm sorry, i guss i just don't know! Is tazmania part of Australia though?? Am i right about that?

Aren;t you in Melbourne KiwiLiz, did you move to here from NZ?
    Lol.

"Jandals" is the word "Japanese" and "sandals" put together -Jandals! Because that's what the contemporary version of the shoe we all love came from -Japanese sandals.

Yeah Tasmania's a state. I was just saying we aren't like Tasmania... I hear it a lot... we are actually quite different culturally, but lots of Australians seem to think we're exactly the same as they are.

And yeah, I live in Melbourne :P NZ simply didn't offer the course I decided I wanted to do -plus I wasn't entirely sure what I wanted to do so I decided on a general visual arts, theatre and writing degree and Melbourne looked like a good place to do it, it's oh-so-arty -it's the second UNESCO City of Literature now, you know! o0o0o0o! But living over here doesn't mean I'm not Kiwi, furiously Kiwi!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nat242 View Post
    LOL! I understand! If a certain old man won another term last November, I was contemplating moving to New Zealand
    Teehehe, I think a lot of people might have up and left... however NZ kind of have the same problem with a certain old woman -it's not her policies or anything that bothers me, it's just that she's been there so LONG and she' gotten far to comfortable, there's just not much progress any more.
    Last edited by KiwiLiz; August 25th, 2008 at 03:55 AM.

Length
    21"/32.5"/30-34
    Type
    2a/F/M/i/ii

Oh i know for a fact you are culturally different then Tazmania, they do not have an accent anything like yours! And I know there is a Kumata tribal sort dance, where the men stick their tongues out with a scarey face on and shout and slap their legs and stuff. That isn't like tazzy at all. A friend i knew came from there and she said it was hilly and that is all i know about tazzy really!
    Ahhh yes, you're doing the art course, i wish i was doing an art course atm . Is Melbourne arty? I never knew! Have you been to Hozier lane? I think it is called that i'm not sure on spelling. It has the most amazing grafiti!
    ...Our hairs are just like the rings of a tree, they tell a story of what they have been through
    ...[me]
    old hair journal - pb - Lady Teesha, Minikin of Joy! OZ's where R U?

Length
    Pixie/TB/?
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii/iii

I think I've been there, Teesh! I was in some alley in Melbourne with amazing graffiti - I'll see if I can track down my pics. You're missing out if you're not getting into the art scene in Melbourne...live music, plays, theatre, art galleries! I grew up in Melbourne, and apart from my family and friends, it's the artistic, cultural flair of Melbourne that I miss the most.

(And the coffee. And the food. Okay, I miss a lot. Not the weather, though).

Length
    21"/32.5"/30-34
    Type
    2a/F/M/i/ii

YOU GOT THAT RIGHT!
    The weather SUCKS!!! But i must admit i avoid the city like the plague...i'm not one for the busy tall atmosphere, it overwhelms me but i have been to a few galleries with school excursions and stuff, so that was alright!
    I oddly do like it here....though at times it scares me, the crime rate isn't the best....
    ...Our hairs are just like the rings of a tree, they tell a story of what they have been through
    ...[me]

Cat in a Human Disguise rapunzhell13's Avatar
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

I heart Melbourne!

Length
    Pixie/12/30
    Type
    2a/F/ii

I love Melbourne too, such an excellent place...

I am from Adelaide though, but spend about half of my year working in Brisbane, and in another years time will be a full time Brisbanite!

Length
    31/31/T
    Type
    3a/F/M/ii

Canberra newbie right here!

Thanks for linking me here tiny_teesha

Length
    21"/32.5"/30-34
    Type
    2a/F/M/i/ii

No worries I'm just too active on here for my own good!
    ...[me]