Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Is anyone insecure about the thickness of your hair?

Type
    1b/1c/F/ii/iii

Default Is anyone insecure about the thickness of your hair?

I was wondering if anybody on this site was/is insecure about the thickness/density of their hair, whether for being too thin, too thick, or any other interesting reason.

I myself am weird, my hair is fine and thick, from many standards, but for some reason, as petty, greedy, or vain as it may seem or sound, I'm a little insecure (I do not know if this word is most apt for the emotion I feel) about the thickness of my hair, it is thick, but I want it to be Obscenely Thick, and it is just kind of makes me sad, as I know I was only born with so many follicles, lol... When I put it up in a pony tail, I want to struggle to get it up, because it is so heavy, I want that weight, that big grippaple ponytail. My ponytail is relatively big, but I just want More hair, I just have a very deep desire and psssion even, to have long, lustruous, healthy thick tresses. *Sigh* I'm sorry to have sounded vain, greedy, or petty, as I do not have these 'qualities', it's just an internal wmotion I deal with, and I thought this could and may be a place hwere people could vent, and open up about their own issues.

P.S. Lol, the title's "your" should be "their"

The Fear Of Blood Tends To Create Fear For The Flesh.

Length
    15"/14"/Waist
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

Default Re: Is anyone insecure about the thickness of your hair?

Yes, I would like to have more/thicker hair! I'm not super insecure about it, but there are times when I would definitely like something different. Oh well! I think half the journey is learning to love what you've got.

ETA: And no, you didn't sound vain, greedy, or petty! It's perfectly natural to desire beauty.
    June 2009 length shot:

My goal is to be at waist length by my 19th birthday in 2011!

Length
    10 in/35 in/47in
    Type
    1b/M/C/iii

I am now, A month or two ago I got my hair trimmed and THINNED! I did so because I was getting really bad headaches and someone I talked to said it was the weight of my hair. Anyway now I'm regretting it, when I pull my hair up I know it should be so much more thicker...

My Etsy shop!

Length
    35/f'tip/clssc
    Type
    2b/M/ii

I am. I used to think my hair was thick, but then I came to LHC. Or maybe my hair thinned about then. And I think I've been thinning on top for many years. Anyway, I wish I had iii hair. Sigh!
    From Hip to Ankle and now back to Classic.

Length
    waist/tb/?
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Yes. Even though I'm at 3.5 I used to get the "Your hair is so thin!" comment alot. From childhood to the teen years. I think because it's fine it looks thinner than it is but it still made me feel bad so I've always wanted very thick hair.

Length
    pixie/waist/tb
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

Mine is thin. Super thin and flat.
    Sure I wish it were thicker... but I tell myself it is still prettier and longer than the average head of hair, so I'm ok.

Length
    30ish/47"/70+"
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

I am.

I, too, want a seal-clubbing braid that weighs 75 lbs and takes the longest fingers on both hands to wrap 'round it.

Alas, I have no where near. My hair is thin, and ever shall it be.
    Lady Saphira of the Crystal Wings in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Length
    Chin/Waist/Clsc
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Ah, wistful sigh. I wish mine were a glorious chunky iii braid, and didn't show any spaces between when it is on my back! Even though I technically have "normal" thickness, my hair is so fine and such a piecey texture that it just looks thin. And it's light, doesn't have much weight to it. Oh well, I'm trying to just find some other people with the same hair type as me that have glorious hair and know that I could attain similar, heheh!

Length
    hip/31"/more!
    Type
    2a/F/ii

I've had times where I was extremely insecure, especially when I was a teen hair was so brittle and thin. It was quite thin by nature, but I helped that by bleaching and perming it .

It also used to be thin in my 20's and only lately it's changed (after LHC!) and it isn't that thin at all! So I have decided I don't have to be insecure anymore (of course I can always wish for more hair...)

Length
    18/48/108
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

My hair is fine, and nothing special in the thickness department, and I am greedy and covetous. I would like the hair of every single member of LHC, all growing out of my own head. I want hair so chinchilla-thick you could part it and see only more hair. I want my braid to be bigger around than I am.

I am not ashamed. Not in the slightest. I would also like a hojillion billion dollars and a pony.
    Last edited by fishwich; May 21st, 2009 at 12:13 AM.
    Sister Fish of the Mucky Kitchen-Bin of the Order of Long-Haired Knights