Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New girl looking for a good 'cone-free condish for the 2nd 'C' in CWC

Length
    shldr/waist/hip
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Question New girl looking for a good 'cone-free condish for the 2nd 'C' in CWC

I'm still in the process of finding a conditioner for the last step of CWC. I've seen the big cone free list on the VIT sticky, but there's so many that I feel kind of overwhelmed. I CWC every two to three days (basically as needed) and usually CO in between CWC. I sometimes oil a bit before a CWC as well, at times leaving the oil in overnight.

I'm happy with Suave Coconut for the 1st condition as it is cheap so I can slather it in. Suave however, gives me build up if I use it for both conditions. Any choice for the 2nd C should probably not have a strong fragrance or have a coconut smell as Suave is kind of big on the fragrance. I wash with CV bars. My hair was colored last New Year's Eve and then I hennaed it about a month ago, so I need something that plays nice with hair that has been bleached. As of now I have not observed any anti-protein sentiment in my hair. I'd probably just need a good conditioner that doesn't leave too much buildup.

Back in my SLS and 'cone days I loved Redken and Matrix Biolage products, if that helps characterize my hair in any way. Those who have tried Biolage's Conditioning Balm or Fortifying Conditioner: how well would they work for the 2nd 'C'? Do you think they are worth the money?

Thanks in advance for your adivce. I'm so glad I've found this community! I've learned so much from all of you and my hair is already feeling so much healthier.

Length
    ?/26 in/36 in
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Default Re: New girl looking for a good 'cone-free condish for the 2nd 'C' in CWC

I'm still pretty new here, and learning a ton, but I use Aussie conditioner on my ends, the Aussie shampoo on the scalp, and Biolage conditioning balm all over for my CWC. I do this 2 or 3 times a week, depending on how active I am (read, how sweaty my scalp gets). Yes, to me it's worth the expense.

So far so good, and my ends are far less crispy than they used to be. I think I may have staved off the need for a trim with this routine.

Length
    short/clasc/term
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii/iii

Default Re: New girl looking for a good 'cone-free condish for the 2nd 'C' in CWC

I use a Giovanni conditioner for my second C and I love it. I also remember liking Biolage when I used it as a kid.

1c/2a/F/ii/iii -- trimmed the scraggly ends from knee back to classic.

Length
    22/28/waist
    Type
    2a/M/iii

I like Palmer's Olive Oil Formula Conditioner.
    Lady Elphaba, The Wicked Witch of the West in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    15"/14"/Waist
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

You might try Trader Joe's Nourish Spa conditioner if you have a Trader Joe's in your area. It's a good product and has a mild and pleasant smell. It's cone-free and cheap.
    June 2009 length shot:

My goal is to be at waist length by my 19th birthday in 2011!

BeyondClassic Webmistress Cinnamon Hair's Avatar
    Type
    1c/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by rogue_psyche View Post
    Those who have tried Biolage's Conditioning Balm or Fortifying Conditioner: how well would they work for the 2nd 'C'? Do you think they are worth the money?
    Before I finished reading your post I was planning to recommend Biolage conditioning balm, so yes definitely try it! It is quite thick so it's good for getting out tangles and adding moisture. Of course Biolage has that signature fragrance (which I adore!) but I think the conditioner is much weaker scented than the shampoo. Currently Biolage is my favorite cone free conditioner but it's a very close race with Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose taking second (smells strongly of honeysuckle). I'm a bit of a product whore. Other cone free conditioners I like enough to keep buying after the 1st bottle ran out are: Kiss My Face Whenever (lime fragrance) and Burt's Bees Grapefruit & Sugar Beet (also scented).

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    37"/39"/term
    Type
    3a/M/ii

Sally's beauty supply carries a generic of the biolage....GVP biolage conditioning balm that is great.

Length
    shldr/waist/hip
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Talking Re: New girl looking for a good 'cone-free condish for the 2nd 'C' in CWC

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnamon Hair View Post
    Currently Biolage is my favorite cone free conditioner but it's a very close race with Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose taking second (smells strongly of honeysuckle). I'm a bit of a product whore. Other cone free conditioners I like enough to keep buying after the 1st bottle ran out are: Kiss My Face Whenever (lime fragrance) and Burt's Bees Grapefruit & Sugar Beet (also scented).
    Ooh thanks so much for those scent descriptions! My DBF is a citrus freak so maybe I'll try Kiss My Face Whenever sometime.

I ended up getting the Biolage. It along with a breakthrough with the poo bars resulted in silky hair today. My discovery: soaking a chunk of the bar with a small amount of warm water prior to the wash allows for great foam without rubbing it back and forth on your hair. Yay clean scalp with less tangles!

Length
    TBL/FTL+/TRMNL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

I'm in love with Giovanni lately. I bought the Tea Tree Triple Treat conditioner, and I love it so much! It makes my scalp tingle...and an added bonus is that the instructions on the back of the bottle actually tell you to massage it in for five minutes. So it's a scalp-massage encouragement.
    Current Length: 47" (Fingertip length), 2b/2c, ii, F/M
    Longest ever achieved: 55.5" (Upper Calf Length)

Lady Deipneus of the Gifted Hands in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights

OldTimer Older than LHC Teacherbear's Avatar
    Type
    2c/F/ii

I'm another Giovanni gal! I'm becoming less enamoured with the shampoo, but I adore the conditioners!
    Hmm, what should this say? I'm thinking . . .