Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Conefree - not for me

Length
    short/short/30"

Default Conefree - not for me

Well after the first few days cone free and completely soft, I have gone to very dry feeling and messy looking hair. So back to cones it is *sigh*
    Growing out a Pob since March 2008
    I cone and I bleach

Length
    12/mb/waist
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Welcome back to the fold.

BTW, what's your favorite cone laden product?
    Routine for my dyed mid back length hair: shampoo and condition twice a week, with Alterna Kendi Dry Oil Spray all over and shea butter on ends and lightly on length as leave-ins on wet hair, and blow dried with a Sedu on low heat

Length
    short/short/30"

Kerastace for now
    Growing out a Pob since March 2008
    I cone and I bleach

Length
    16"/BSL/TBL
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

I do love the cones! I have tried cone free, my hair hated me for it. Now I CWC with cones, use an end protector with cones and leave in with cones.

So, does anyone SMT with cones? I did my first yesterday with some cone free conditioner and my hair was not happy.

Jeni

Length
    12/mb/waist
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Ohh Kerastase! Have you tried Elixir Oleo-Relax? I've been looking for a leave in to help with frizz and kill the fluff/fly away in my length and it sounds pretty good. Do you have any recs for leave-ins from this line?

ETA: I don't SMT... but Jeni what happened with the conefreeSMT?
    Last edited by Sillage; April 7th, 2008 at 01:15 AM.
    Routine for my dyed mid back length hair: shampoo and condition twice a week, with Alterna Kendi Dry Oil Spray all over and shea butter on ends and lightly on length as leave-ins on wet hair, and blow dried with a Sedu on low heat

Length
    shdr/waist/waist
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

Last edited by lacereza; April 24th, 2012 at 07:46 AM.

Length
    16"/BSL/TBL
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

Sillage- Well when I went to rinse it out it felt very...clean. Like I had just shampooed but not conditioned. When I got out and tried to comb it (like I normally do) it was horribly "grabby", I had to give up combing it! Then I noticed the curds, so I just hopped back in to the shower and CWC with my cone conditioner, my hair was much happier. This time I had no problem combing my hair, no tangles at all.

So I'm thinking I may try an SMT with one of my cone conditioners (I have many, I'm a product junkie) maybe add some coconut oil or EVOO into the mix.

Jeni

Type
    1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Jeni View Post
    Sillage- Well when I went to rinse it out it felt very...clean. Like I had just shampooed but not conditioned. When I got out and tried to comb it (like I normally do) it was horribly "grabby", I had to give up combing it! Then I noticed the curds, so I just hopped back in to the shower and CWC with my cone conditioner, my hair was much happier. This time I had no problem combing my hair, no tangles at all.

So I'm thinking I may try an SMT with one of my cone conditioners (I have many, I'm a product junkie) maybe add some coconut oil or EVOO into the mix.

Jeni
    Well, are you sure the cone free conditioner really was the problem? My hair dislikes honey and I get that grabby feeling from that.

To the OP, yeah, cones usually hide dried out ends pretty well, only when you don't use them you might see the true state of your hair. Nothing wrong with cones, but it's good to know they can also hide accumulating damage.

Admirer of Fairytale Ends seabear's Avatar
    Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

Welcome back to the "dark side," my friend..... mwahahaha!

Now you know what we had to deal with back in the 60s and 70s before they started putting silicone in hair products, my hair always looked like a haystack. I love my 'cones, they'll take them from me when they pry them from my cold, dead hands.

Length
    bob/bob/WST
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

On the Kerastase oleo relax serum I used to use that when I used cones and it was my very favorite product. Aside from the smell which was heavenly it made my hair feel like fine satin.

Combing only when wet with CO, Suave conditioner, AG Re:Coil, LA Looks sports gel, EVOO and coconut oil