Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: exfoliating your scalp??

Type
    1a/1b/F/M/i/ii

Default Re: exfoliating your scalp??

Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    I just use one of those "shampoo brushes" to remove buildup. I still feel that any kind of "scrub" isn't going to discriminate on whether it scrubs away skin cells/buildup or my hair...
    Same, I use a scalp brush and I love it. I found that it has helped with my itchy scalp. I found that scrubs just irritated my scalp, especially when the cause of my flaky scalp was/is eczema.
    Jaw | Chin | SL | APL | BSL| WL

I keep meaning to try using it every day between washes to see if it keeps buildup from happening so much. But, as is typical for me, I usually forget to do it so I still have no idea.
    Putting it in my signature because I have to say it so often:
    Do what works for your hair, not what other people say is "right" or "wrong." If it works for you, it's not wrong. If it doesn't work for you, it's not right.

Length
    1/1/24
    Type
    1c/M/ii

Time to get a scalp brush!

Many hair experts maintain that regular scalp exfoliation is the key to healthier, shinier hair from the roots to the tips. I noticed that exfoliating regularly helps hair grow naturally thicker, shinier, and less oily. I use Ziohealth scalp and hair scrub from the NOPE, I like it. Also, there is a good natural way. I combine 1 egg, 1 teaspoon of coconut oil, lemon juice, 1 teaspoon of aloe vera gel, and 1 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda., apply this mixture on the hair and wear a plastic shower cap. After 10 minutes, I rub my scalp gently in circular motions and wash it off with water. Works great for me.
    Last edited by Ylva; December 6th, 2021 at 10:52 AM. Reason: spam

Length
    APL/MBL/Hip
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

I just use brown sugar, olive oil and tea tree oil on dry hair, let it sit for 30 minutes for the oils to rehydrate my scalp, then wash it out. My scalp always feels clean and fresh after

Length
    APL/WST/CLSC
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

I'm still trying to find a way to exfoliating that I like. I'm experimenting with a scrub, but I've also used various brushes.

Honestly what has worked for me is a good scalp brushing with my Tangle Teezer before washing. I find it loosens up the buildup and it's easier to wash away.

I have trouble getting sugar scrubs throughout my scalp since my hair is on the thicker side. I don't have this issue with the TT.

Starting from scratch
    7/4/2019
    Curly: SHDR.APL.BSL.MBL.WST.HIP.TB.CLSC
    Stretched: APL.BSL.MBL.WST.HIP.TB.CLSC

Length
    APL/Hip/FTL

The sugar and conditioner scrub worked for me. It didn’t distribute perfectly but well enough. The sugar dissolved quite quickly so I wasn’t able to over scrub or irritate my scalp which I was worried about. I think it got some of the buildup off like I was hoping it would

Quote Originally Posted by ExpectoPatronum View Post
    I'm still trying to find a way to exfoliating that I like. I'm experimenting with a scrub, but I've also used various brushes.

Honestly what has worked for me is a good scalp brushing with my Tangle Teezer before washing. I find it loosens up the buildup and it's easier to wash away.

I have trouble getting sugar scrubs throughout my scalp since my hair is on the thicker side. I don't have this issue with the TT.
    Yes, my shampoo brush has sort of similar bristles to a TT (but shorter and stiffer). Mine is pretty much just like these.
    Putting it in my signature because I have to say it so often:
    Do what works for your hair, not what other people say is "right" or "wrong." If it works for you, it's not wrong. If it doesn't work for you, it's not right.

Length
    APL/MBL/Hip
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Brown sugar works better since it doesn't desolve quick. A lot of it wastes on the bath tub floor when I try massaging it in, so I use like 3 tbs so I can distribute through every part. And never, ever irritated my sensitive scalp, but I know everyone is different

Length
    APL/WST/CLSC
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    Yes, my shampoo brush has sort of similar bristles to a TT (but shorter and stiffer). Mine is pretty much just like these.
    That looks like it works well! I might have to get one of those - my scalp brush looks like this. It feels good for a massage but I don't think the bristles are useful for cleaning.

Starting from scratch
    7/4/2019
    Curly: SHDR.APL.BSL.MBL.WST.HIP.TB.CLSC
    Stretched: APL.BSL.MBL.WST.HIP.TB.CLSC