Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: First LoL Comment!

The City of Fallen Angels, where the ocean meets the sand
    Length
    26/32/TBL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Exclamation First LoL Comment!

I am officially a long hair I suppose, as I was asked today if I was planning on donating my hair to Locks of Love.
    A girl in my class was talking about how she was growing out her hair to donate it. Her hair is about APL and she was talking about how she gets it cut every six weeks, straightens it every day and dyes it very bright blonde, but was confused at how long it was taking for it to grow. I didn't say anything, as it's not my business, but I had worn my hair down today for a change, and it drew her donating eye.

"Why don't you donate your hair? It's so long!"
    I said "I'd rather give money if I was going to donate anything."
    "You're being selfish" she replied.
    I said "Oh, before you cut it off, you should know that Locks of Love throws out all of the over-processed hair it receives."

She had absolutely nothing to say to that, but just touched her rather fried hair and my teacher who had been privy to the whole conversation said "Oberon, your hair is gorgeous, don't cut it."

It's kind of a funny thing to be excited about.

December 2010!!!!
    Lady Roheryn of the Houyhnhnm Wisdom in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Henndigo Conehead! mugglemomof3's Avatar
    Length
    19/27"/TB
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/i/ii

Default Re: First LoL Comment!

It just floors me that basically a complete stranger to you would blurt out, "you're being selfish". Do we not have any manners anymore??? I'm so glad you called her on it and good for your teacher too.
    Lady Alohomora of the Unfettered Sojurn in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Length
    SL/37"/40"
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

You used the term "donating eye." I thought that was a clever phrase.
    Silver-haired temptress of the order of the gaming Knights.

Length
    apl/bsl/waist
    Type
    1c/2a/F/i

Quote Originally Posted by mugglemomof3 View Post
    It just floors me that basically a complete stranger to you would blurt out, "you're being selfish". Do we not have any manners anymore??? I'm so glad you called her on it and good for your teacher too.
    Yes, it definitely shows poor manners, and it is also very freaky how people try to control others through hair. I wonder if stone age societies did this, too. I wonder what they complained about back then. It wasn't not having a neat bob; perhaps they complained if your locks were not matted enough .

In the bottom of the garden with the fairys and goblins..
    Length
    26"/36"TB/TB :)
    Type
    2a/2b/M/iii

You had a great come back! I can never think of things like that to say on the spot, Well done!

Lady Blodeuwedd of the Ninefold Petals in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Length
    20in/32in/52in
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii/iii

I think that is priceless Oberon! I would hope that you educated her, but having met the type before I doubt it.

On the edge of my forest!

Length
    20in/32in/52in
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Autumnberry View Post
    Yes, it definitely shows poor manners, and it is also very freaky how people try to control others through hair. I wonder if stone age societies did this, too. I wonder what they complained about back then. It wasn't not having a neat bob; perhaps they complained if your locks were not matted enough .
    No in stone age societies they just grabbed the hair and yanked to control you Now they just do the same thing verbally.

On the edge of my forest!

Rapunzel Wannabe Robbi Dehlinger's Avatar
    Length
    SHORT/24 in/60 in

Hi!

PLus, you might have told her, that very little of the hair donated to LOL actually GETS to the people who need it! Much of it is sold at a profit and where the heck does that money go?

How long will it grow? Who knows? Let us see? Maybe I will be the next Diane Witt?

Length
    APL/BSL/Hip
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Your comeback was really perfect. You know those times where you think of the perfect thing to say way too late? Well, you said the perfect thing at just the right time!

Don't you just love moments like this?