Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What to do with neck hair

Length
    16"/BSL/TBL
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

Unhappy What to do with neck hair

I was looking in the mirror today and noticed the baby hairs on the back of my neck seem to be more noticeable then they use to be. They really bother me! It's not so much the baby hairs on the center back on my neck, it's the ones that are starting to head to the sides of my neck. I don't want a hairy neck!

So what do y'all do about them? Please tell me I am not the only with these renegade baby neck hairs!?!?! I know I didn't use to have them, or at least they weren't as noticeable.

So ladies (and men if you are bothered by this too) what, assuming I'm not a freak and others get them too, do you do? I was thinking of shaving them? I'd think waxing would hurt way too much, and I'm a wimp. Or maybe just let them grow and join a circus??

Help,
    Jeni

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

The baby hairs at the nape of my neck tend to curl, so I think they look pretty. I'm sorry your baby hairs bother you, but I'm sure nobody else notices them. Most people are thinking about what bothers them about themselves too much to be bothered too much about subtle things like that on other people. Know what I mean?

Length
    16"/BSL/TBL
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

Thanks. I'm OK with the ones at the nap of my neck, its the ones at the side that really really bother me, I feel like they cover 1/2 of the side of my neck! I know they don't, but it feels like they do. My best friend calls me crazy but then she is Italian and has had to wax her mustache ever few weeks since she was 13 (no offence to any Italians out there), so i guess some baby neck hairs arnt a huge deal to her.

Jeni

Length
    pixie/waist/tb
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

If you wanted to you could VERY CAREFULLY bleach them to make them less noticeable. If they bother you that is. I bleach my lip hair, I'm not a hairy person but black hair on fair skin does stand out.
    I just let my baby hairs grow. They're cute and soft. Plus much of the sensation we get from being touched is from our little skin hairs being moved, and I don't care to lose any sensation on my neck, if you catch my drift

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Mine kind of travel down the side of my neck a bit, too. Actually, the side of the back. Anyway, I was counting those as nape hairs, though I guess they're not really. Anyway, I don't think it's a big deal either. I'd never notice that on anybody.

Length
    Jaw/APL/Hip
    Type
    2c/M/iii

My mom actually had the same thing. She has very short hair, and her hairdresser would always just shave the "neck patches" off, essentially reshaping her hairline on her nape, but eventually she got laser hair removal. It's kind of an extreme solution, but I guess they really annoyed her.

Wanna see bad nape hair?

And that is after just braiding, you should see it underneath, and also an hour from then!

Length
    16"/BSL/TBL
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

eadwine- Thank you for the picture. That's kind of what I have going on, makes me feel better to see someone else has it.

SaveTheTaipers- (love the name) Yea I know when you have short hair they will shave it. My mom has very short hair and gets hers shaved, but since she gets it shaved I cant tell how much she has and how noticeable it is. Yea, it doesn't bother me enough to get it lasered, even if I did have the money.

Delilah- I was thinking about bleach, may not be worth it, my skin is rather sensitive. Oh I feel ya on the upper lip, no where on my body do I get dark (like black) hairs except on my chin, a little patch as poped up recently. Annoys the crap out of me! I pluck them. And yes, got to love the neck sensation....

Spidermom- thanks

I don't know what I'll do. I may try and shave them, see how it works out. Good to know I'm not alone and no one else seems to notice them!

Thanks
    Jeni

Don't shave them. Trust me on that. Ever seen shaved beard hair on men? Those dots on the cheeks after a day? That is what it will look like on your neck then. It might get more attention than the loose hairs there.

Length
    Shldr/Waist/Clasc
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

Because I have quite dark hair and very pale skin I think mine are particularly noticeable so I tweeze them. It takes about 10 minutes but I only do it once every month or so (when I suddenly notice them again) and I just use a handheld mirror to look at the back and pull out big clumps of them. I've thought about epilating but wouldn't be happy if I accidentally grabbed some scalp hair but tweezing works fine.