Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help me getting rid of semi-perm dye - Pics

Type
    1a/1b/M/C/iii

Default Help me getting rid of semi-perm dye - Pics

Over a month ago I dyed my hair with semi-permanent black hair dye, which was supposed to last 8 washes. I did it for Graduation week because I went as Snow White and also always wanted to know how I look with black. (feel free to visit my blog for further really stupid pics )

Here is a before pic:

And here one after:

As you can see it didn't go black, but I liked the color and suited me also. ( and please ignor my ends, on both pic I wore a bun whole day and this always leaves my ends looking a bit unkempt)

Before I coloured I consulted Nightshade, because I was worried the dye might interfere with Henna. She suggested a strand test, which I did, also to make sure the color would wash out. It did.

Only, it doesn't on my head. What I didn't think about beforehand was, that I don't shampoo my length. So over a month after this my hair is still dark brown with tiny tiny streaks of my natural color coming through.

I'd really like to have it back to normal, I'm graduating next month and also attend a golden wedding and want to look polished and well-kept.
    I shampoo 3-4 times a week with diluted herbal shampoo, but maybe this isn't enough. To try and get out more of the dye I also tried:
    wetting my hair
    applying a warm/hot mixture of coconut, olive and sunflower oil overnight
    and then shampooing my entire hair with dandruff shampoo (I heard it takes out color).

There came out a lot of dye, but it is still very dark and I'm not sure how often I should repeat this method. My hair didn't look of felt stripped afterwards, but it's still not that good.
    I'm planning to do this again tomorrow and see what happens, but other suggestions would be welcome here.

And I also tried baking soda, because it's alkaline. I dissolved 1 and 1/2 teaspoons in about 400ml of warm water, put it on and let it sit. It didn't do any thing to my hair, neither cleaned it or dried it out. Maybe the concentration was too low, but I'm afraid to put on more, I don't want to ruin my hair.

So in short: I've tried this two methods, one without any effect, the other with a good one, but I'm concerned it might be bad for my length.
    When you have a nice and natural (I don't want anything like ColorFix) idea how to pull out the black dye, please share it here! I'm grateful for every suggestion!
    At true tailbone!

Can't keep away, it seems Unofficial_Rose's Avatar
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Default Re: Help me getting rid of semi-perm dye - Pics

Maybe try an overnight soak in olive oil, shampoo out in the morning? This sometimes helps lift excess colour. At least it won't harm your hair.

Your hair is stunning, btw!

Length
    waist/waist/waist
    Type
    1c/F/iii

I have no advice for you...but your hair is absolutely gorgeous!
    I had to say that.

Length
    Neck/BCL/TBL
    Type
    1b/F/ii

I think i've read that baby shampoo can remove some dye also.

I hope you get it out. Your hair is lovely.

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/BSL/waist
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Your hair is beautiful. I've heard that a warm oil treatment left overnight will pull color, and it won't harm your hair at all. Repeat often.

Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Just keep doing the oil at night, shampoo the next day. If you do it 3X a week, the shampoo shouldn't hurt your hair and the oil is moisturizing and protecting it any way.

Lady Nereida of the Riptide Shores - LHK
    Renegray: Silver Hair is a Sparkling Diadem

Herbivore
    Length
    23/45/class
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/iii

Maybe try a clarifying shampoo? Also try CO. I know you said you don't want to use colorfix, but from what I gathered there are three bottles and you can use two of them but not the third because it contains peroxide. Worth to research a bit? A yogurt treatment could also help.
    Visit my blog about plants, flowers and my passion for all things green and growing! http://www.greenthumbs.eu

Length
    20/23/31
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

I don't have any idea about your question....But....I just wanted to say your hair is beautiful!! That is the length I want... I have so many inches to grow.

Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

I have nothing useful to add but wanted to say your hair is beautiful. What's the current length? It looks so shiny and healthy! *sigh* I wish mine was as nice

Length
    pixie/TB/TB
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Your hair is really beautiful -- so shiny and healthy looking. Hope you can get the results you're after!