Page 51 of 54 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast

Thread: Fine AND thick hair thread ^.^

Length
    ChinL/WL/TERM
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Fine AND thick hair thread ^.^

Count me in on fine and thick hair too. Yay for starting this thread!

Length
    18.5/22.5/28
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Love this thread. I think my abundance of hair is what always makes me regret having shorter haircuts. My stylist always thins it out when its shorter which seems to help. I'm still hovering around 4 inches of thickness thinned out at cbl. Never really experience issues with tangling but then again I am always quick to put it up when I move around quickly.

Length
    14/33/45
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Jumping on this bandwagon too! My fine strands are relatively fragile, so I always baby them, and because my hair is so thick, when strands snap/break/split I get soo many flyaways! It can be maddening. Keeping up with S&D nightly helps tame most of them, but I'm still trying to find a way to up my hair's resilience to get that super waterfall-smooth hair I see all over LHC~

Length
    2/13/52
    Type
    2c/F/ii/iii

Grief S&D is driving me crazy, I think the splits are moisture related. How do you guys keep your ends hydrated?

Length
    ShgLp/Bcl/term?
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by SwanFeathers View Post
    Grief S&D is driving me crazy, I think the splits are moisture related. How do you guys keep your ends hydrated?
    I daily lco or LOC my ends. And don't confuse between lint and split ends. Lint can be washed out or finger detangled, while splits stay there no matter what

Type
    2a/F/ii/iii

I, too, have a lot of fine hair. I used to think I needed to highlight and dye my hair to create volume on top. But since I started using henna, I have more of my natural volume so that's been a plus. I have to comb out my hair with conditioner in the shower because it's so fine that it tangles easily. I still haven't found the ultimate conditioner, however, and am always on the hunt.

Length
    Chin/APL/TBD
    Type
    2a/F/ii/iii

Yes! I feel like people don't always realize that different hair categories aren't married.
    Like, I'm for sure type 1 hair, and some websites lump a b and c together and just say like "this hair is thin and doesn't hold curl at all" and I"m like... that's inaccurate for me.

Length
    16/29/35
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Thank you for this thread!! My biggest pet hate is that mine just goes super boofy, even when I try to brush it sleek. Especially in humid weather. I only have loose waves, and even still no anti-frizz serum seems to help, all my flyaways are so light and fine.

Friend of the Semicolon florenonite's Avatar
    Length
    SL/MBL/Hip
    Type
    2a/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Laurab View Post
    Yes! I feel like people don't always realize that different hair categories aren't married.
    Like, I'm for sure type 1 hair, and some websites lump a b and c together and just say like "this hair is thin and doesn't hold curl at all" and I"m like... that's inaccurate for me.
    Oh yeah, my hair can definitely hold a curl. It's fine and straight - until I braid it! It sometimes dries with bumps and waves as well because it's 1c.

I think people use "fine" as a synonym for "thin" because thin hair is seen as bad. So stylists will talk about fine hair versus thick hair because it sounds nicer, but of course it's just not accurate. You can have coarse, thin hair as well as fine and thick hair, and considering the number of times I've cut my hair short because I was fed up of dealing with So. Much. Hair? I don't think thick hair is necessarily better!
    Lady Nehalennia of the Mirrored-Seas in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights

SL / APL / SBL / MBL / WL / HIP / BCL / TB

Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii/iii

Hello all ! I have baby fine Hair on the back and sides of my head and medium or maybe the thickest of fine hair on top with high density all over. I have 2c/3a hair but I don't usually wear my hair wurly as it's short. One thing I've noticed with fine, thick, wurly hair is that it looks 1c/2a kind of straightish-wavy when not styled. Coarser hair, for what I've seen, retains the curls even when not styled. It may look frizzy and dry but the curls are still present.
    My once damaged hair loved SMTs but now healthy hair despises it. Also, finding a shampoo that is cleansing enough but not drying as sulphates seems nearly impossible. Most of the time the shampoos don't cleanse well or are way too moisturising. Most of the time my hair becomes way too soft and fluffy after shampoing. I prefer 3rd day hair when there's body but texture.
    Also, I found that baby shampoos work very well in my hair except the Johnson's and Johnson's one, that doesn't produce any lather in my hair plus gives me horrible tangles. The more natural and organic ones work better. The simpler and shorter the ingredients list, the better it works for me.